What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Network In Crisis

butchmcdick

Immortal
Beau Ryan has followed in Lisa Wilkinson’s footsteps and jumped ship from Network Ten to Channel 9.

The former rugby league star made the announcement on KIIS FM’s Kyle and Jackie O show this morning and revealed what program he’ll be seen on next year.

“One of their biggest shows next year is called Sunday Night Takeaway With Julia Morris And Dr Chris Brown,” he said. “It is the biggest show.

“It’s a variety show, there’ll be pranks, there’s music from big stars … I’ll be a roving reporter and I’ll be hosting (a segment called) ‘Chris versus Julia’ at the end of the night.”

Ryan has been with Channel 9 for 10 years but was looking for new opportunities after the NRL Footy Show got axed a couple of months ago.

“They’ve been good to me,” Ryan said about Channel 9.

“Is it like when you just fall out of love with someone?” Kyle asked.

“You care about them; you love them,” Ryan said.

“But you don’t want to root them anymore?” Kyle continued.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...9/news-story/867327b00903b9c11912e1f9660e19bf

Wow

First Lisa Wilkinson now Beau Ryan

Network in crisis

Why not jut call it hey hey it's Saturday

I can't see this going well

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Yeh, i think the bogan humour of the Footy Show definitely brought RLs image lower.

"Give us your toothless drunks, your brain-damaged morons. We'll take anyone...."

Ron's_Mate

Bench
“It’s a variety show, there’ll be pranks, there’s music from big stars … I’ll be a roving reporter and I’ll be hosting (a segment called) ‘Chris versus Julia’ at the end of the night.”
So, it's basically the Footy Show, right Beau?

taipan

Referee
Mrs Hanky Head fits right in on that trash called The Project

The Project ,is really news done differently by narcissists.
Laugh at each others "in jokes",put down anyone with an opposing view, a sort of Melbourne breakaway comedy club of egotists.Pretend to be the moral and ethical adjudicators of this country.

The only one worth listening to and certainly no narcissist ,is Sarah Harris, who happens to be the daughter of a former Nth Sydney rl player.

Vee

First Grade
The Project ,is really news done differently by narcissists.
Laugh at each others "in jokes",put down anyone with an opposing view, a sort of Melbourne breakaway comedy club of egotists.Pretend to be the moral and ethical adjudicators of this country.
Yeah, but that's pretty much any commercial panel show. Unfortunately, Aunty has being going the same way, the only difference is it tries to pretend an intellectual/academic side.

Last edited:

taipan

Referee
Yeah, but that's pretty much any commercial panel show. Unfortunately, Aunty has being going the same way, theonly difference is it tries to pretend an intellectual/academic side.

Judging by the commentary of Waleed there, he provides the pretend intellectual/academic side.And I'm still trying to figure out Lisa Wilkinson's contribution apart from her interviews, which appear to be all sweet and lovey dovey.