What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Never mind the price, feel the love, say diehard fans

bartman

Immortal
I skimp on the pay TV part of the deal... can just see an away game down the pub if it's not on free to air.

eelz47

Coach
God, just looking around my room my head is ticking over with the money I've spent. Wouldnt have it any other way tho. And hopefully I will be forking out cash on more memorabilia next week.

i reckon i would have a heart attack if the total was worked out:lol:

Well whoever at Qantas assigns the planes to whatever flights is obviously a Parra fan :lol: (I've been on the City of Parra. plane once from Syd to Melb. Good plane it is too ;-) )
might just be a coincidence how would they know which flight the storm would be on?

Parra Guru

Coach
I skimp on the pay TV part of the deal... can just see an away game down the pub if it's not on free to air.

I used to do that but found with the money I spent at the pub on beer and food, it was smarter for us to get Foxtel.

Parra Guru

Coach
Our basic + sports package is about $65 per month I think... on a quiet night watching the game at the pub we'd spend at least $20.

bartman

Immortal
Yeah, when I watch Monday night footy at the pub it's $10 meal plus a couple of drinks 2 x $5... But that's also a social occasion and I do it for that on Mondays if the footy wasn't on, so I couldn't count that as a saving against Foxtel for me.

Thing is, Those that know me, know I am a pedant. I keep a record of this sort of stuff.

Any rate, my costs of Attending games this year so far as been.

Regular Season

Home games (11/12) = Season Ticket $280
Away games @ ANZ (2/2) = Season Tickets
Sydney Away games (4/6) = $ 116.8 (Missed Toyota Park and Win Jubilee)
NSW Away games (1/1) = $34
Out of State Away (1/3) = $29

NSW Cup games Home (6/9) Season Tickets + 10 for "Home" Game @ Leichhardt for Bundy Cup GF
NSW Cup Away games (5/10) $18

Junior Reps Home games (4/5) = Season Tickets
Junior Reps Away games (3/4) = $23

Finals Games
NRL (2/4) = Part of Gold membership to ANZ (Value = $230)

Wenty (1/3) = $10

Junior Reps (2/3) = $10.

So in reality for your Season Ticket cost, you can go to 28 games (or 33 if you could the Junior Reps games as 2 games, one for HM and one for SG Ball), which can equate last year to less than $10 a game. But they are right, it is the money you spend outside of that which racks up. Petrol, Parking at some games, food, drinks, and Merchandise.