What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 2004 Home Jersey

izzo

Juniors
penrith1.JPG

roofromoz

First Grade
:shock:

It's different.

I can't understand why ISC wanted to change it. I loved the "old" one, with the vertical stripes, because of its simplicity.

It will take a while for me to get used to it, and I may eventually warm to it.

That's quite a scoop though... they're officially launching it this Thursday.

SP

Bench
Raider_69 said:
ohh no
they have killed the panthers right there and then!!!

I recall people saying stuff similar to that when the away jersey was first out

skids

Juniors
Looks simalar to the Cougars, probably get some all black fans suppoting the Panthers too!

mightypanther

Juniors
Going by that picture..........YUK.

Why only teal stripes? Where's the white and red?
What will the next jersey be? All black?

Needless to say, I'm hoping that's a crap picture.

I'll find out my true feelings at the fashion show Thursday night,
when I see the players wearing it for real.

Then I'll come back and say what I truly think about it.

BTW..........I hated the new alternate jersey when it first came out..........
and I still do. I would only own one if someone gave it to me for nothing.

mightypanther

Juniors
Hey roofromoz,

ISC and the club didn't have a choice, they had to come up with a new design,
because the last one belonged to Classic.

I'm sure they could have come up with something a lot better than this though.
it seems like a really poor design to me.

*Sandy*

First Grade
I cannot tell from that picture on how much i like it. Shame they couldnt take on the same design of the cougars jersey if they are deleting the red and white all together but that is impossible, i know. Love the cougars one!!!

With the alternate when they unveiled, i 1st saw it at the fashion parade last year, i was shocked at the complete change of it and under the lighting it didnt really show it up. It wasnt until later in the club that evening when i actually seen it on someone that i warmed to it and then proceeded to buy one myself. Only thing is i wish i had waited for the ladies version to come out before indulging in one as i think they had problems and they werent available until much later. Ahh well, maybe i can buy the ladies version in this one. ;-)

*Sandy*

First Grade
Yeah black to replace the teal. Teal to replace the purple. Maybe that's what they have done in a similar fashion. Rather than the purple claw like shapes on the side they have the teal stripes on the side. Don't know only guessing. Anyone going to the fashion parade on Thursday? I know you are MP. ;-)

roofromoz

First Grade
mightypanther said:
ISC and the club didn't have a choice, they had to come up with a new design, because the last one belonged to Classic.

Really? Well, there you go... I didn't know that jersey manufacturers had copyright over designs. That would explain it then...

mightypanther

Juniors
I don't know if they actually hold copyrights on the entire designs or just on certain elements of the designs that they consider to be their own specific style.

I asked Rob Weaver a while ago, why the club couldn't change the style of the jerseys more, and let the fans have some input into it, and he said that it wasn't possible because there were only a few companies that the NRL authorised them to use, and each of those companies have what they consider their own well known styles which they like to stick with, and so they actually get a lot of say in what the final products look like, and there are certain parts of the designs and choices of fabrics that they will refuse to budge on, so the clubs have to make some compromises here and there.

I'm sure that overall there will be a lot of improvement in the designs of the Panthers merchandise with ISC, because I have looked at the ISC website, and the designs that they have done for other NRL clubs seem to be a bit brighter and more modern looking than those Panthers have had previously.

Jeffles

Bench
I think it is a little plain but I will buy it (like I always do when they bring out a new one). That's the issue. The clubs could hang on to their designs. Souths and Saints do for example. The reason some don't is because changing jerseys means fans will buy more to keep up to date. It disgusts me sometimes.

Look at the sleeves. The teal looks more like a normal green. Maybe they're going back. You cannot really tell. It would have to be viewed in person. Teal, rust and purple don't do it for me. I understood the move from brown (Panthers are black) but I am still not over the new colours.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
I don't mind it, it's a bit different but i'll still buy it. It appears navy blue in the paper, can someone please tell me it's black?

Pantherjim.

Referee
:? I'm praying and Hoping that it's just a case of the Photo not doing the Jersey justice. I'll reserve judgement on it till I see it up close and personal. Working night shift tonight so unfortunately I won't be one of the priveleged few to cast first eyes on it, but I'll go and have a look at it at the Supporters Den tomorrow morning.

Pantherjim.

panthersballboy

Juniors
Man I just went out and brought the teal and purple one this year as they stopped wearing the white one that a got a couple of years ago. Man now they aint going to wear the teal anymore. Oh well panthers jerseys never go out of fashion as the brown and white still looks good when I see fans wearing it.

SP

Bench
i never knew that the teal one was the Home jersey

i always thought it was our away one, and the black one is our home one