What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New AFL game for 360, PS3 and PC

BloodyBandage

Juniors
Awesome, only a matter of time before they come out with top notch rugby video games as mainstream as fifa and ncaa, madden, etc.

hellteam

First Grade
i hate afl, but to be honest i'd probably get this, just to play a bit of australian sport on xbox.

natheel

Coach
hope they start releasing these aussie sport games on Wii soon, seriously imaging a league game on wii, im sure they would be able to do motion sensing with the passing and stuff and tackling it would be heaps of fun, it would have to be done using nunchuck like moving player and speed burst and dummy with the nunchuck and tackling and passing and set plays etc with the wii remote

Brycey

Juniors
Interesting comment by one of the persons on the website linked:

>great. im from aus, already have fifa. a cricket game coming out >this july and now afl. just need union and league and ill be happy.

I can tell you that, like AFL, Big Ant also owns the rights to NRL for the next ten years. They are contracted to make five games of each code over the next ten years, so their plan is to alternate, so expect an NRL game in 2011.

I understand that my info is completely impossible to verify since my source of the info was talking to one of the developers there in person, but don't be surprised when it gets confirmed sometime over the next year.

Once Dead

Bench
does that mean the NRL Mascot game on DS counts as one of the NRL games??

I doubt it since Big Ant isn't Wicked Witch.....however they may have contracted work out to Wicked Witch? Then again, it is being released by HES?

Once Dead

Bench
Distributors and developers 2 different ball games Once Dead

That's a given and my point still stands. Wicked Witch and Big Ant are two different developers who have stated that they are working towards different ends - e.g. existing handheld gaming / Next Generation consoles. Have Big Ant contracted work out?

The whole issue is around rights to the NRL / AFL.......did HES or TruBlu have those rights a few years back?

Last edited:
HES controls them. Under what circumstances Wicked Witch Software got both the AFL and NRL rights, I'd assume because of low budget and were able to be made in a short period of time. I can only hope quality wasn't too severely sacrificed for NRL Challenge anyway.:)