What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Blue and Gold army membership

Morenito

Juniors
just a question, it says on the Season tickets benefits page 'opportunity to become a blue and gold army member'
WHat does this mean exactly?? anyone know.....you get a discount?, get it for free? or is it just another marketing trick and u still gotta pay 35 bucks like everyone else?

anyone know the deal?

Clarkieel

Juniors
Morenito said:
just a question, it says on the Season tickets benefits page 'opportunity to become a blue and gold army member'
WHat does this mean exactly?? anyone know.....you get a discount?, get it for free? or is it just another marketing trick and u still gotta pay 35 bucks like everyone else?

anyone know the deal?

last year we got it for free but not sure this year I assumed it was the same deal

bartman

Immortal
Not certain, but the words "opportunity to join" are a lot different to them just saying "free membership to"...

I would suspect that season ticket holders how have to pay extra for this in 2004. It's Marketing 101 - introduce something to people for free, get them hooked, and then introduce a charge for it and see how much $$$ you can make! (Same as the offer for $10 membership to the Internet Eels club.)

It's a pity that there can sometimes be more focus on Marketing principles to score $$ from committed fans than on community development to nurture a culture and provide services imo.

parra_princess

Juniors
I think Season ticket holders should be given the blue and gold army membership as a freeby. I mean 2004 will be my 5th year of being a Season ticket holder and while I don't mind coughing up the $200+ to watch games I thought it was rewarding that they gave us it free last year.

The Marketing department wouldn't be anticipating an overwhelming response to the internet eels thing now that the forum has been severely restricted. I think it was developed to cater for those on the forum who wern't members.

So let me just draw up a rough plan of my general costs for footy in 2004:

2004 EELS JERSEY: $140
2004 SEASON TICKETS: $275
2004 B & G ARMY MEMBERSHIP:$35
Winning the 2004 Premiership: Priceless

Freak

Juniors
I wouldn't mind paying a fee to be part of the Blue n Gold army. If
1. You got allocated seating on the old Nth Hill.
2. You got some clothing or signage to represent you were part of the army.
3. You got a BnG song book for chants.
4. You were to get other certain privledges such as allocated seating with other BnG members at away games.

Imagine getting 50 to 100 committed army members to each game all sitting together. The atmosphere would be first class. And if it required some extra cash for someone to manage/administrate the army then so be it! I'd pay anything to get a top notch atmosphere again at the stadium!!!!!!!!

Of late (except for the sevens) our army has been piss poor!! - Sorry but it has!!

tracksuitman

Juniors
bartman said:
Not certain, but the words "opportunity to join" are a lot different to them just saying "free membership to"...

I would suspect that season ticket holders how have to pay extra for this in 2004. It's Marketing 101 - introduce something to people for free, get them hooked, and then introduce a charge for it and see how much $$$ you can make! (Same as the offer for $10 membership to the Internet Eels club.)

It's a pity that there can sometimes be more focus on Marketing principles to score $$ from committed fans than on community development to nurture a culture and provide services imo.

You had to pay for supporters club membership every year prior to last year! My local RSL should give out free membership aswell to bring the community together... ????? HuH????

Maroubra Eel

Coach
tracksuitman said:
bartman said:

You had to pay for supporters club membership every year prior to last year! My local RSL should give out free membership aswell to bring the community together... ????? HuH????
I knew tracksuitman aka eels office would reply to this thread. :lol:

Morenito

Juniors
Hi Michael

Unfortunately this year, there are no discounts for season ticket holders to
join the Blue and Gold Army Club. It's $35 for all fans. Hope this clears
things up.

Kind regards

Trish

Just got that sent to me

Eelementary

Post Whore
Morenito!

Que pasa amigo?

Are you packing LAtino Heat, o es solo un apodo?

Porque si de verdad eres un Morenito, porque estas aqui y no apoyanda al futbol? Hehe.

tracksuitman

Juniors
I knew tracksuitman aka eels office would reply to this thread. :lol:[/quote]

I'm the eels office.... FREE HOME GAME TICKETS TO EVERYONE!!!!!!

bartman

Immortal
tracksuitman said:
bartman said:

This thread is about how it relates to season ticket holders. In 2002 and 2003, season ticket holders received "member" caps and other goodies free of charge (or included in ticket price). In 2003 we were told that these goodies were given out according to free membership of a range of particular supporters clubs.

Now for 2004 we find that Eels Office will ask season ticket holders to pay an additional charge for membership of a supporters club that was previously free/included for them. I am not saying that club membership was ever free to non-season-ticket holders!

All I am saying that they are giving less value for the season ticket than they did the year before, that this is an example of marketing strategy designed to raise extra funds from already loyal and committed supporters. It would be like if your local RSL offered members free karaoke on Thursday nights for a year, building a culture, expectation and good will amongst its members, and then decided to charge $5 a pop for entry the next year.

There's nothing exactly wrong with it... but you feel they should occasionally "treat" they loyal fans rather then subtly seeking extra charges from them and way they can each year? (It was the same when the number of home games dropped to eleven, but the cost of season tickets rose from the previous year with twelve home games.)

Freak

Juniors
Have recently been informed that the Eels will have an allocated seating area at home games named "THE SWAMP" for all Army fans to be located.

Believe this is a step in the right direction. It simply designates people involved in the army away from normal season ticket holders.

Who would be interested to jump into the swamp for the Eels!!??

bartman

Immortal
Freak said:
Have recently been informed that the Eels will have an allocated seating area at home games named "THE SWAMP" for all Army fans to be located.

I agree, a "Swamp" sounds like a great idea! Would look a t treat and be intimidating to opposition teams. But I bet they put it on the Eastern Terrace so that it's more visible to the TV...

Latest posts