What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Campain

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I am on a mission.
It breaks my heart to see Matt Rogers wasting his talents playing kickby.
We cannot match kickby's money, so my approach is to play at his pride.
The campain begins

M Rogers would not be capable of returning to league. After playing such a pussies game he would not handle league again. He would not be fit enough, or strong enough anymore.
His hands have turned to butter at the thought of being tackled. Watch Union semis for proof.
He will struggle to run the ball and he has become acustomed to kicking so much.
He won't be able to hide in league like he does kickby.
Stay with Kickby Matt, it suits your new found easy money approach. Just show up kick the ball a few times and collect a big cheque.
Us leaguies are of the opinion your not good enough to return to league anymore.

Mr. Angry what you said is true not false. Matt Rogers own father said he wouldn't want him back after his contract finishes.

P.S You forgot the brain explosions he has and that in the final with 40 seconds to go he should of tucked the ball under his arm rather than kick it out for a lineout to give the Pommies possession and the match winning field goal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scotty

Juniors
Actually, most of the things Mr Angry said are biast one sided league views.

If anything, Mat Rogers is much stronger then when he left league, you can see he has bulked up considerably.

Union is a completely differant game from league, Matty is talented enough to play both. Im sure that if he came back he would be in the green and gold in no time.

All this stuff about him just being able to kick the ball is rubbish too. If they Sharks put him at 5/8 or centre before he switched, he would be kicking 40/20's for us and no one would be complaining.

Id love to see him come back, but since we lost the world cup, there is no way he will be back in league at least till after RWC 2007.

beerboy

Juniors
Dragon Slayer said:
P.S You forgot the brain explosions he has and that in the final with 40 seconds to go he should of tucked the ball under his arm rather than kick it out for a lineout to give the Pommies possession and the match winning field goal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a player of Ruby Union for the last 7yrs, i can say what he did was not a brain explosion, running the ball would have been to risky, although its more boring he did the right option, just didnt get as much ground as he would have wanted

PS BRING BACK RAT
BRING BACK DEANO
BRING BACK VISE VERSA'S (those little chocolates, you know)

DJDL

Bench

Are you for real?
He was thrown the ball about 5 metres out from his line, with a minute to go in extra time and the scores deadlocked.
Run the ball and you get tackled and risk turning it over to the poms and conceding a drop goal or putting pressure on your defence and conceding a try.
You also risk being tackled and isolated and being penalised for "not releasing".

The kick was the right option. It just wasn't a very good kick.

As for "kickby" or "yawnion", if you cared to actually watch any of the matches in the last 8 phase of the tournament you would have seen far more enterprising and adventurous play than you've seen anywhere near a rugby league field for the last 5 years or so - particularly in the era of the "dominant" tackle.

Face it, league, by comparison, is a predictable boreathon.
And the only thing keeping me watching is that I know the day I stop is the day the Sharks will finally win it.
F***ers!!!!

Kramer

Juniors
Don Juan de Lotto said:

Spot on. He probably didn't even need to kick for the line either, a well placed big punt down field would have sufficed.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Don Juan de Lotto said:
Run the ball and you get tackled and risk turning it over to the poms and conceding a drop goal or putting pressure on your defence and conceding a try.
Yeah as if you would run the ball in kickby, conceed a try? More like a pentaly goal.
Don Juan de Lotto said:
You also risk being tackled and isolated and being penalised for "not releasing".
Of course you do, as if you would actually run the ball.
Don Juan de Lotto said:
There is another option besides kicking - better tell the players.
Don Juan de Lotto said:
As for "kickby" or "yawnion", if you cared to actually watch any of the matches in the last 8 phase of the tournament you would have seen far more enterprising and adventurous play than you've seen anywhere near a rugby league field for the last 5 years or so - particularly in the era of the "dominant" tackle.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I did watch and I saw stuff all running and a crap load of kicking - check the score cards. The only good games to watch were the 100 nil drubbings, they actually ran the ball.
Don Juan de Lotto said:
I can only presume you find a soccer draw exciting. Watching some guy kick his team to the cup was just sooo exciting - I will arrange some tickets to the world 'paint drying' championships for you. :?

Scotty said:
Actually, most of the things Mr Angry said are biast one sided league views.
Damn Straight. I look terrible in a tweed coat with elbow patches.
Scotty said:
If anything, Mat Rogers is much stronger then when he left league, you can see he has bulked up considerably.
I have missed that, might explain why he cannot catch anymore - arms are too big.
Scotty said:
Union is a completely differant game from league
:lol: :lol: :lol: No Tennis, Golf, Soccer, AFL are completely different. Union and League are very similar, just ask a Victorian.
Scotty said:
Matty is talented enough to play both. Im sure that if he came back he would be in the green and gold in no time.
Well he was a walk up start for Union. I do not disputes Matt's talent.
Scotty said:
All this stuff about him just being able to kick the ball is rubbish too. If they Sharks put him at 5/8 or centre before he switched, he would be kicking 40/20's for us and no one would be complaining.
All this stuff about kicking is about the crappy game that is kickby, not Matts skills at kicking.
Scotty said:
Id love to see him come back, but since we lost the world cup, there is no way he will be back in league at least till after RWC
Lets see how thick his skin is. The campain will continue.

cheese

Bench
Don Juan de Lotto said:
[As for "kickby" or "yawnion", if you cared to actually watch any of the matches in the last 8 phase of the tournament you would have seen far more enterprising and adventurous play than you've seen anywhere near a rugby league field for the last 5 years or so - particularly in the era of the "dominant" tackle.
each to their own...

I'm by no means anit-union. I love watching all sports. But f**k, 97% of the games were deadset sh1thouse.

Sure there is a tactical element to the game that isnt as strong in league. But their skill, creativity, and flair levels are mediocre at best.

I remember whatching the quarter final........ the commententators were talking it up making out asthough it was one of the best games they have ever seen, meanwhile, i was near suicidal with boredom and frustration.

I like the game, and if its on free to air, i will no doubt watch it. But getting up 5am to watch the league boys run around was a huge breath of fresh air when compared to watching the negatively geared rugby boys "Walk" around the paddock.

....each to their own

bull shark

Juniors
Rugby developed as a school-boy game in the early 19th Century.

League began as a professional version of that game at the end of the 19th Century. During the 20th Century rules were changed from time to time in order to make the game a better spectacle - in particular, in League you can see the ball most of the time, and the teams are kept well back from each other for large parts of the game. On the other hand, rules in Union have stayed fairly stable.

Since Union became openly professional, rules have started to change for exactly the same reasons. Some of the games in the Rugby World cup were high-quality, exciting spectacles with a lot of skill involved. But if you look at club rugby, while I suspect it's a lot of fun to play, it is truly dull.

On the other hand, club League is more often exciting than not. Most games are not decidied till within the last 10 minutes and even the wooden spoon team will demonstrate flashes of brilliance.

Except for games involving the elite professionals (i.e. the very best of the professionals) Union is as interesting as an enema. In League, even mediocre teams can, and often do, produce exciting, imaginative, skillful play. There's just no comparison.

On the RWC final: it was very exciting because the scores were so close all the way through. But as a game - something to demonstrate individual skill and extra-ordinary teamwork - it didn't reach any great heights. Both teams were desperate to not lose, rather than trying to win.

Macca

Coach
Don Juan de Lotto said:

Are you for real?
He was thrown the ball about 5 metres out from his line, with a minute to go in extra time and the scores deadlocked.

And the only thing keeping me watching is that I know the day I stop is the day the Sharks will finally win it.
F***ers!!!!

Stop watching League then!

I am with Cheese. Both games have something to offer. Super 12's is equivalent to NRL in excitment value. Club Rugby is a joke. The Bledisloe is equivalent to State of Origin. The World Cup final was equivalent to the Kangaroos tour.

I will never have the same passion I do for the Wallaby's, Waratahs, Kangaroos or Blues as I do for the Sharkies though. To me, a day at Shark Park is the ultimate enjoyment.

DJDL

Bench
The World Cup final was equivalent to the Kangaroos tour.

Well general consensus seems to be that the final was extremely boring (amongst league lovers) so I'd have to concur

Does anyone realy care about the Kangaroo tour?

Rustay

Juniors
Back on topic for a sec....

Matty was my favourite Sharks player and now he is my favourite wallaby too. Union and League are my two favourite sports because they are so similar, yet so different (if ya know what i mean), so either way i will be happy where he plays. I would love to see him at the Sharks again and i am sure he would be brilliant... its like falling off a bike, he could get back on. However, if he doesn't come back to the Sharks then i can still enjoy his brilliance with the Wallabies and NSW. So it all works out for me i guess :D

Go Mat!

Macca

Coach
Don Juan de Lotto said:
The World Cup final was equivalent to the Kangaroos tour.

Well general consensus seems to be that the final was extremely boring (amongst league lovers) so I'd have to concur

Does anyone realy care about the Kangaroo tour?

I loved the Kanga tour. It was definatley on a par with the RWC final only times it by 3.

I loved the RWC once it got to the semi's but before that it was sub standard just like the League WC.

I havn't shouted at the TV in an empty room for a while like I was when I got up to watch the Roos. It was great.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I was shouting at the TV during the RWC.
"Run the freakin ball"
"No - don't kick"
"Smash Wendell" - Something that has not changed from his league days.
"Give to to the ex-leaguie he'll run it"
"that would be right the ex-leaguie scored the try"
"Mortlock would look good in Blue, Black and White"
"Hahahahahaha - All Blacks"
"Run the freakin ball"
"No - don't kick it"

But I am watching, if soccer or AFL comes on, the TV goes off.

Latest posts