What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new jets jerseys

macavity

Referee
http://www.aleague.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=38803

00035271-image.jpg

discuss....

jim_57

Staff member
So they've completely ditched the gold colour scheme and gone with Newcastle Knights and EPL Newcastle replicas? Nice identity crisis.

Pika

Bench
"Another tack would be to start unsettling Knights fans, few letters to the Herald warning the knights nannas (or posing as a 'concerned Knights fan') that the same type of thing could happen to them if they let tinkler get his hands on their club. Get the natives unsettled there and see if TSG starts getting nervous about the vote. In which case a show of good faith to Jets fans might start looking like a good option..."

A post from one of the fans on the thread protesting the change.

Nice.

roopy

Referee
It makes a lot of sense for red and blue to be Newcastle's colours for all sports.

Burwood

Bench
"Another tack would be to start unsettling Knights fans, few letters to the Herald warning the knights nannas (or posing as a 'concerned Knights fan') that the same type of thing could happen to them if they let tinkler get his hands on their club. Get the natives unsettled there and see if TSG starts getting nervous about the vote. In which case a show of good faith to Jets fans might start looking like a good option..."

A post from one of the fans on the thread protesting the change.

Nice.

Jets supporters should be assured that in the future, in line with the policy that the Tinkler Sports Group has offered Newcastle Knights fans, Members approval will be required to change the team name, colours, location or home ground.

Let them write to the Herald and look like idiots.

Matt23

Staff member
So they'll be wearing the colors of Barcelona and the other Newcastle?

brendankh

Juniors
I like the change. Newcastle Knights = Red/Blue, Newcastle Jets = Red/Blue, common denominator = Newcastle. :p

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
for anyone that follows football like i do, we all know thats a barcelona jersey with a Jets logo and the other is a Cross between Juventus and Newcastle United... lol thats Original

Alex28

Coach
Any chance they can become our home and away jerseys? Damn side better than the ones we have!

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I think they're fkn awesome, BUT I should point out to you Shane that they're not the "new" jerseys as yet. They've been put to the FFA for approval and then it'll go to the Jets Members to vote ;-)

As for the jerseys themselves, they probably shouldn't ditch the gold altogether, but incorporate it in around the same percentage of the red and the blue.

As for the away one, not a fan.

macavity

Referee
I think they're fkn awesome, BUT I should point out to you Shane that they're not the "new" jerseys as yet. They've been put to the FFA for approval and then it'll go to the Jets Members to vote ;-)

As for the jerseys themselves, they probably shouldn't ditch the gold altogether, but incorporate it in around the same percentage of the red and the blue.

As for the away one, not a fan.

for a football journo, you are sure off the ball mate

"future" colour changes need to go through "members"

this one is in place - the colours WILL change, the design might be knocked back by FFA (but obviously won't).

Jobdog

Live Update Team
for a football journo, you are sure off the ball mate

"future" colour changes need to go through "members"

this one is in place - the colours WILL change, the design might be knocked back by FFA (but obviously won't).
Interesting. I was under the impression they still needed member approval ...

*edit*

Here's a higher res pic of the jerseys

1108431.jpg

Last edited:

roopy

Referee
It's probably a missed opportunity for the Tinkler group to rebrand all their teams to a really nice set of colours.

Red and blue is OK i suppose, but from now on we are locked in forever.

This is the one and only time we could go another way.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Red and blue are the colours associated with Newcastle though. I know the Newcastle league rep team is green and brown and the Jets are gold at the moment, but red and blue are the predominant colours on their logo.

Joker's Wild

Coach
It's probably a missed opportunity for the Tinkler group to rebrand all their teams to a really nice set of colours.

Red and blue is OK i suppose, but from now on we are locked in forever.

This is the one and only time we could go another way.

Are you refering to the Jets or Knights here roops?

If you're suggesting a colour change for the Knights you are off your rocker

Serc

First Grade
Two interesting things may come out of this in terms of what runs through voting members minds (with the privatisation vote coming up)

1) Tinkler has gone with (for want of a better term) 'Knights colours' for the Jets, which in a way is a vote of confidence in the Knights as they certainly won't be attempting to change our colours now if red and blue for everything is his vision!

2) On the other hand, it will make many voting members nervous about what is mentioned in the fine print of the proposal...yes I know that the Jets were about to die and Tinkler pretty much picked them up, and is allowed to run them Con-style...but seeing this happen to the Jets will make them wonder if there is anything important to them that won't be covered under the 'members 75% vote to change location, name colours etc'

Could be a bit of a double edged sword really with the vote coming up.

Hanscholo

Bench
It was only the dickheadedness of constantine that stopped our jerseys from being red and blue in the first place...

Jobdog

Live Update Team
That's a fair point actually. Some Jets fans I know (that hate the Knights - never understood that but anyway) are saying that the Jets are losing their identity and Tinkler/the Knights are taking over. The only reason the Jets ended up being gold was because Con wanted them to stand alone as their own entity.

Statement of intent ripping off Barca's shirt strip. I love the arrogance of it. Time for Newcastle sporting teams to start winding Sydney and other capital cities up more. In short throw their arrogance right back at them. The whole working man's city stuff is just weak. Newcastle needs to move into the future and fast.