What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Life Members For Wests Tigers

gordsy

Juniors
WESTS TIGERS LIFE MEMBERS
2013 — Benji Marshall, Robbie Farah

2014 — John Skandalis, Mark O'Neill

2015 — Brett Hodgson, Tim Sheens

2016 — Chris Lawrence, Dene Halatau

2017 — Liam Fulton, Ben Galea, Harry Triguboff

2018 — Bryce Gibbs, Keith Galloway

2019 — Chris Heighington, Beau Ryan, Peter Binet

People wonder why are club is rubbish. It's the constant rewarding of mediocrity. Have a look at that list and tell me how many people should be on that list. Now take a club like the Roosters and they have about 40 life members... Yet here we are rewarding plodders like Galloway, and Beau Ryan, Lawrence , Benji and Robbie got one and they hadn't finished playing yet {at the time} , wtf. Who ever is responsible for this should be shot.

Tigerm

First Grade
WESTS TIGERS LIFE MEMBERS
2013 — Benji Marshall, Robbie Farah

2014 — John Skandalis, Mark O'Neill

2015 — Brett Hodgson, Tim Sheens

2016 — Chris Lawrence, Dene Halatau

2017 — Liam Fulton, Ben Galea, Harry Triguboff

2018 — Bryce Gibbs, Keith Galloway

2019 — Chris Heighington, Beau Ryan, Peter Binet

People wonder why are club is rubbish. It's the constant rewarding of mediocrity. Have a look at that list and tell me how many people should be on that list. Now take a club like the Roosters and they have about 40 life members... Yet here we are rewarding plodders like Galloway, and Beau Ryan, Lawrence , Benji and Robbie got one and they hadn't finished playing yet {at the time} , wtf. Who ever is responsible for this should be shot.
Best to take a pill and lie down.

Tiger05

First Grade
It's not that bad. We've won one premiership in however many years. Harry Triguboff being there is farcical. If he was really behind the club we'd be doing a lot better.

The 2019 inductees do seem pretty crud though don't they.

axl rose

Bench
Beau Ryan um ok. Dont forget Ryan O'Hara then. Triguboff fair enough reward for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence, now give us some money.

The unknown

Juniors
As far as I’m concerned Ellis is our greatest ever player.His ratio of top draw games he delivered to total matches he played is without equal !

"Gareth Ellis has no body fat, he has an 'eight pack', will run for 200m and leave six players being taken off on stretchers. He has to be the best forward I've ever played with."

I can't remember which tigers player said this but I think it came from Marshalls mouth. Huge wrap considering the forwards he has played with and Ellis only played 2 and a bit seasons here.

I also think it's no coincidence we struggled majority of 2012 due to his absence.

Last edited:
2013 inductees whilst still playing, what a joke.
2016 inductee Lawrence whilst still playing, what a joke.
Beau Ryan, for being a good mate of Benji, what a joke.
Heighno for his added services to Cronulla and the Knights, what a joke

As bad as the RL immortals and trying to say a guy in the TV era is better than someone from the 30’s, 40’s or 50’s and letting Whineberg pick them.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Club marketing: When in doubt wheel out a couple of the 2005 boys. Maybe the fans will forget it's almost 15 years ago.

Or the Balmain ‘69 premiership winning players like they did at Leichhardt the other day. Nothing against any of of those guys though

gordsy

Juniors
Or the Balmain ‘69 premiership winning players like they did at Leichhardt the other day. Nothing against any of of those guys though
To be fair heaps of people on this forum love robbie and benji because of 05 and longevity with the club inspite of any long term success. . You read comments like such so and so was ready to carve up. No mention of the fact that they didn't do anything but hey we were close. It's a sickening acceptance of mediocrity that would we laughed at in under 13s in the successful clubs but we still allow it to infiltrate the thinking and actions of our first grade team. And we wonder why we haven't made the 8 in years...