What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new logo too..if u havnt seen it

Tadpole

Juniors
New_Sharks_Logo.jpg

Community Logo
Community_website.jpg

givmeabeer

Juniors
Looks the goods Tadpole

I kinda like the Community one better though with Cronulla-Sutherland at the top and Sharks down the bottom..

RRuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnn .. :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Frenzy

Juniors
Wild Man From Borneo said:
Why is the two logos?

CRONULLA-SUTHERLAND ‘SHARKIES’ GO BACK TO THE FUTURE
By Rob Willis

A new jersey, a new logo and a name change for the licensed club are some of the big changes club patrons and Shark fans can expect to see in the coming months.

While hoped that all the initiatives will launch the Sharks into an exciting new era, they have been done with a lot of thought and feedback from those who matter most.

A series of workshops were conducted in an effort to ascertain what changes, if any, could be suggested to help the Sharks
Club on the whole to move forward. Board members, sponsors, staff, club management and most importantly, the fans, attempted to identify the areas most in need.

The workshops highlighted important elements about the Sharks that needed to be represented in the core logo.

The new logo began to take shape when it became apparent from the workshops that tradition and heritage is a very important part of the essence of the club. As an extension of this, fans believed that the logo that most symbolises the Sharks is the previous logo to our current one. Therefore, the new logo evolved from this old design, but has embraced a more modern contemporary image with a much sleeker and aggressive looking shark.

The workshops also reinforced to everyone that the Sharks are the Shire’s team and as a result, this should be reflected in the Club’s official name. Hence, the Shire’s team is now once again the ‘Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks’.

Sharks Marketing Manager Scott Longmuir said "Whilst the Shark icon is the most powerful element of the Club’s brand identity, which also broadens the Sharks appeal, the Sharks are the Shire’s team. This is an extremely important part of its heritage, and should be reflected in its core brand identity."

"We certainly took a more scientific approach than we have done in the past" Longmuir said. In becoming more scientific, as he puts it, the Club commissioned Moon Design, experts in building brands. Moon Design has worked on dressing up the image of international companies such as Qantas, Westfield and Sea Folly and has also done work for the NRL. The results will soon be there for all to see.

Another valuable aspect of the rebranding process will be the use of a community-based logo. Longmuir said "The Sharks organisation invests heavily in the community and as a result requires a symbol that reflects the Sharks commitment to the Sutherland Shire. The community logo also protects our core logo and ensures that people who purchase official merchandise have an authentic piece of Rugby League product that symbolises their support of our great football team."

The new logo will be launched in conjunction with a new jersey which will feature a splash more black than the most recent version. Longmuir said, "We have incorporated more black in the design which will enhance a more physical image and aggressive look."

"Sure we would like to sell plenty of new jerseys, merchandising is a big part of revenue and of the game these days, but we also get a message that the fans love to see a fresh look every few years."

And the name change for the licensed club, after a string of names that probably only stood to confuse. By going with the "SHARKIES" as the new banner, everybody will know exactly where and what it relates to.

General Manager Peter Turnbull is excited about the name change and the immediate plans for improvements at the club. "In choosing "SHARKIES" as the new "brand" we’re embracing an already commonly used word to describe the club," he said. "SHARKIES is not totally new, but it is a fresh and modern brand for the Club as we move forward. It also should match the fresh and modern refurbishment of the foyer and main lounge."

The charter, which has been strongly reinforced with the changes that will occur, has been to always be the premier sporting and entertainment organisation, providing the highest standards of performance on and off the field, whilst maintaining a commitment to the values of the community and the development of rugby league.

Be a part of it at Sharkies in 2004 and beyond. There will be so much more to enjoy so let them entertain you. The Sharks are your team and the Sharkies is your club.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I like it.
Thinking like a business, with a sound approach.
GO THE SHARKS!!!!!!!

Mr Angry said:
I like it.
Thinking like a business, with a sound approach.
GO THE SHARKS!!!!!!!

After all the ineptitude the Board has displayed this year, I find it amazing that they could come up with this. Perhaps they have some business acumen after all. Or perhaps they know there is an election looming and realised that they needed to do something significant to save their collective (and substantial) butts.

On a more positive note, I love all the announced changes and look forward to 2004 even more so than before.

Certainly Sharkies is a 1000% improvement on Sharks International, and although I expect everyone will still just call it The Leaguies, at least Sharkies has a chance of being adopted into the vernacular after a decade or two.

AxeJuggler

Juniors
i dunno but i think that the background for the new Sharks logo is very similar to the NIKe football one.

nike.gif

i dunno if i am allowed to post that image or not because i just got it off a google search

Jimbo

Immortal
Eskimo Sharkie said:
After all the ineptitude the Board has displayed this year, I find it amazing that they could come up with this. Perhaps they have some business acumen after all.
Hmmm...
Or perhaps they know there is an election looming and realised that they needed to do something significant to save their collective (and substantial) butts.
Bingo...

Dog-E

Juniors
Well it looks better than the last one...but not as good as the one u had in the 80's/early 90's IMO!!

dimitri

First Grade
it looks like a picture of a shark you would find off print shop deluxe back in the 80s or something

Macca

Coach
Atleast ours doesn't say Illawarra on it! :lol:

I love them all, the jersey, the logo and the new name for the club. I have always called it Sharkies anyway.