What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Look Team Already?

rabbitohs95

Bench
Wouldn't mind seeing us use this team for next week. I really felt Turner did better up the middle and we used Crichton on the edge very well.

1. Johnston
2. Burns
3. Hunt
4. Jennings
5. Goodwin
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. S Burgess (c)
9. Farah
10. Musgrove
11. Crichton
12. Sutton
13. Turner

14. Cook
15. Clark
16. Rochow
17. G Burgess

Wouldn't mind seeing us use this team for next week. I really felt Turner did better up the middle and we used Crichton on the edge very well.

1. Johnston
2. Burns
3. Hunt
4. Jennings
5. Goodwin
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. S Burgess (c)
9. Farah
10. Musgrove
11. Crichton
12. Sutton
13. Turner

14. Cook
15. Clark
16. Rochow
17. G Burgess

Hard to argue R95,but with the knights having a big pack,I would start George with Crichton going back to bench.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
tom burgess is the future at souths as a forward.....clark turner and tyrrell are the (unfuture) at souths in the forwards..oh thats right the 3 duds tyrrell,clark,turner they all won a premiership ring and these 3 should be in our top 17 right!!!!....sorry but your very wrong funnily enough even other posters from the other clubs say they are not up to 1st grade standard why cant you guys on here see it? the mind boggles i am very happy that none of you are coaching souths otherwise we would be collecting the wooden spoon continuously...Shadow...

alien

Referee
Does Tom Burgess come back in the side with a strong performance for the bears?
Yeah he should if he plays well. In Round 1 he made 11 hit ups for 104 metres, and made 27 tackles (played 43 minutes). He shouldn't have been dropped in the first place.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Yeah he should if he plays well. In Round 1 he made 11 hit ups for 104 metres, and made 27 tackles (played 43 minutes). He shouldn't have been dropped in the first place.
I think it was the missed tackles which was why he was dropped.

Rsag85

Bench
Did he have one or are you asking should he have a strong performance does he come back?

I'd be inclined to leave our Clark if he does.

I know Clark does a lot of defences work but I notice every time he ran yesterday he got pushed back big time.

Rsag85

Bench
Rochow is doing his job, happy with his performances. Would like him to start. Wouldn't mind seeing the two twins off the bench with Angus

DiegoNT

First Grade
People calling for both twins, who does Tom come in for? While it's great George had a great game, he now has to back that up.
We seemed to have a different approach to interchange in rd 2. Whether we would have used the same approach in rd1 before injuries struck will never be known. In the past we've gone with a 2 props off at around 20-25 minute mark and those 2 props back on with 20-25 to go. With big blokes like the twins we have struggled to keep pace late in halves. What we had yesterday was a more flexible and balanced system.
On our first interchange after about 25 minutes musgrove came off for George. Then Chricton came on for Clark at around the 30 minute mark with turner taking a middle role, then cook for Farah. At half time we only used 3 interchanges and we're able to bring 2 impact players onto the field. All without compromising our middle defence to much. That leaves our options wide open for the second half. Rochow can come on for either a Second rower or prop, musgrove can be held back a little longer so he is fresher, Farah can be brought on for either Sam or cook, turner/Sutton or Sam can get a rest mid game if needed. Just a simple tweek made a huge difference. In the past we've had bigger players play longer and get tired trying to play a traditional 2 props off system, while it made it hard to get impact players like cook or Chricton onto the field earlier. Now things are more balance and players are playing fresher. The key to this is Clark putting in an extended first stint up front, while players like Rochow, Turner and Sam being flexible enough to change positions. Imo starting George or playing Tom will make that hard and turn is to the bad old days

Dogmatix

Juniors
Manly were woeful yesterday. They had 2 forwards suspended and then the sin bin was critical. Their bench was all no names. Meanwhile the Tigers who thrashed Souths last week got thrashed themselves today. So Souths are yet to play a decent team

So I would not put too much weight on what has happened so far. The bottom line is Souths need both twins firing or else they will get monstered through the middle

People are being too harsh on George. He always played well until last season when he was clearly injured. He will be slow to start this season for the same reason. Yesterday he showed improvement on his 2016 form which is a positive