What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New North American Competition?

sportas

Juniors
They’re gonna send out a press release Monday midday. It’s not surprising, there hasn’t been any activity on all their social media sites for 2 weeks now which isn’t good for a competition that was meant to start next weekend

Coastbloke

Bench
This NARL still seems to have legs.

The NARL FB page shared a message from a women who was promoting a ‘pre season’ match between DC and Atlanta Rhinos.

Tickets $10. Can’t remember where though lol

Gobsmacked

Bench
From an article in " love rugby league "
( I had trouble copying the link)

"This season will be a soft launch league with home games at the Den and away games all on the East Coast against Atlanta, New York and Washington DC.

ADVERTISEMENT

“Stay tuned for the upcoming schedule and more news as we progress. Many thanks for your patience and for running with the pack.”

Coastbloke

Bench
Ben Farrar (Cowboys, Manly and Catalan - Nephew of Andrew Farrar) has reportedly signed on as Coach/player for NYRL in the NARL…

Perth Red

Post Whore
Geez sometime the game is amateur hour! Ill be staggered if this comp is around in 5 years time.!

In other breaking nARL news Wolfpack backtrack on shirt release!

In a quick turn-of-events, local rugby team the Toronto Wolfpack has backtracked and cut ties with a new energy company sponsor, pulling team jerseys just an hour after announcing them.

It appears the team dropped its 2022 season home jersey this morning and for some reason (let's say either outcry or internal pressures,) deleted all posts of said jersey and then issued a statement.

The new jersey featured the Wolfpack and North American Rugby League (NARL) logo on the upper chest area, but what seems to be the issue is their sponsor, Energy Producers Inc., whose name was displayed with their company graphic of a white drilling rig.

"Toronto Wolfpack has decided to remove its jersey sponsor energy producers inc and all ties to that sponsor As they did not align with our ethos or that of our other partners. Thank you for your support and understanding," read the statement, missing just a few commas and periods.

A quick google search of Energy Producers Inc. brings up a page clad with the same logo displayed on the jersey. It reads that Energy Producers Inc. is a company dedicated to "oil and gas exploration, exploitation and development."

A Google listing for the company says it is a petroleum products company based in Fort Worth, Texas.

Aside from a screenshot of the team's first announcement from a Twitter user, there is no other mention or images of the jerseys.

A link to the team's online seller, VX3, does not list any 2022 jerseys.

FXd_WzWXwAA-zry.png

yakstorm

First Grade
I guess it's positive that some sort of competition is set to go ahead, although what was the cost?

White Plains Wombats and the Philadelphia Fight seem to be gone completely.

The Brooklyn Kings was one of the 'marquee' clubs of the NARL when it was announced, however they appear to have gone back to the USARL, joining the Delaware Black Foxes and Boston 13s at the Delaware 9s. I'm not sure of there will actually be a USARL North Conference this year either, with the only draws and activities happening in the South.

The NOVA Eagles appear to have lost their players to the DC Calvary and folded as well.

All in all, a pretty sad result. This on top of Baltimore, Bucks County, Connecticut, New Haven, New Jersey Knights, DC Slayers, Rhode Island and Oneida all folding in the north east over the past decade.

Luckily we still have the South East and California (I think California is still around)

Gobsmacked

Bench
I guess it's positive that some sort of competition is set to go ahead, although what was the cost?

White Plains Wombats and the Philadelphia Fight seem to be gone completely.

The Brooklyn Kings was one of the 'marquee' clubs of the NARL when it was announced, however they appear to have gone back to the USARL, joining the Delaware Black Foxes and Boston 13s at the Delaware 9s. I'm not sure of there will actually be a USARL North Conference this year either, with the only draws and activities happening in the South.

The NOVA Eagles appear to have lost their players to the DC Calvary and folded as well.

All in all, a pretty sad result. This on top of Baltimore, Bucks County, Connecticut, New Haven, New Jersey Knights, DC Slayers, Rhode Island and Oneida all folding in the north east over the past decade.

Luckily we still have the South East and California (I think California is still around)
What I think/ hope is forming is 2 tiers of competition.
The 4 team comp so far comprising Atlanta, Toronto, NY and Washington is going to be a professional/semi pro comp given the stature of the Wolfpack as an indication. Starting small and carefully constructed to be a pro comp.
The USARL will be as it was before will be Amateur/ semi pro with whoever feels free to join . With the cream of those playing to play their way into the NARL if they're good enough.

Let's hope that's what's happening, be a massive move in the right direction if it is.

clarency

Juniors
You mean that cutting the existing competition in half and trying to start again has resulted in the new competition failing and the old competition falling apart?

No one could have predicted this! No one!!!!

Gobsmacked

Bench
You mean that cutting the existing competition in half and trying to start again has resulted in the new competition failing and the old competition falling apart?

No one could have predicted this! No one!!!!
No.
A pandemic that shut all business, travel and social structures around the world changed everything for good.