What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New recruits for 2023

sammymills

Juniors
I must be the odd one out. I rate Suli, his biggest issue is his lateral movement in defence. I would like the club to work on his arobic fitness in the off season and if his defence does not improve playing centre i would like to see him play back row. How damaging would he be coming off the bench with his ball running.
The problem is we don’t use him in attack. We use him as a battering ram to get out of our own end to make up the metres that our piss weak foward pack can’t. I rarely ever see us give him the ball close to the line, and we don’t do set plays at St George it’s just whatever Ben hunt feels in the moment and all else are expected to follow.

SEAT 1A

Bench
While I respect everyone's views, how about players just play in their positions and we stop trying to shoehorn them in to places where they probably don't belong. If the club listens to us supporters, our back row next year will be Rava, Suli and Lomax, with Moga as the back up. Think about that. No wonder Bennett says "as a coach if you listen to supporters you will end up sitting with them". Good clubs realise if someone is not good enough they move them on and get a better player, they don't try them out in other positions.

Can't see us bagging any super stars next year.

I'd take a risk on Thompson from the Dogs, add a winger and a hooker and let Flanno go to work.

rasaint

Juniors
Must say Easts ( Nick Politis influence likely) getting Holbrook on the roosters coaching squad I speculate more about getting Tino than for coaching. Gould had same idea. Good luck to them anyway And JWH is to retire this year or next?

Parko1310

Juniors
Must say Easts ( Nick Politis influence likely) getting Holbrook on the roosters coaching squad I speculate more about getting Tino than for coaching. Gould had same idea. Good luck to them anyway And JWH is to retire this year or next?
Don't think so. Holbrook is just a pretty decent assistant. I think it's also well accepted Tino was always just looking for an upgrade, he wasn't going anywhere. JWH I believe has another year

Can't see us bagging any super stars next year.

I'd take a risk on Thompson from the Dogs, add a winger and a hooker and let Flanno go to work.
There is a New Zealand union player who has met with Wayne Bennett about switching to the dolphins. His name is Shaun Stevenson. He played for the All Blacks against Australia last Saturday and was a standout player. Unfortunately he did not make the world cup team. He can play wing, center or fullback. He ia fast and skilled. I understand he played schoolboy League. If Bennett was interested in him he has to be quality. He was invited to meet Bennett at his farm in Toowomba. I would say he is ripe for the picking.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
There is a New Zealand union player who has met with Wayne Bennett about switching to the dolphins. His name is Shaun Stevenson. He played for the All Blacks against Australia last Saturday and was a standout player. Unfortunately he did not make the world cup team. He can play wing, center or fullback. He ia fast and skilled. I understand he played schoolboy League. If Bennett was interested in him he has to be quality. He was invited to meet Bennett at his farm in Toowomba. I would say he is ripe for the picking.
I'm sure he was mentioned on this forum before about trying to get him

Latest posts