What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New recruits for 2023

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Jack bird had heaps of injury ridden years… now he only misses one or two games a season.
Jebus.. just checked the stats and you are correct..

Infact, if he plays most of this season he will have played more first grade games for the dragons than any other club he’s played for..

Not bad for his 3rd season with us

Crush

Coach
Jebus.. just checked the stats and you are correct..

Infact, if he plays most of this season he will have played more first grade games for the dragons than any other club he’s played for..

Not bad for his 3rd season with us
At Dragons he only has to play at 25% capacity, Sharkies and Broncos made him run.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I posted a few times that Williame is a good NRL standard centre. Only got on the park 17 times in two years for us due to injury. Had a nagging calf muscle problem I recall. Scored 6 trys so reasonable game strike rate.
Nagging calf muscle issue & nagging talent issue if I recall correctly..

SnowDragon

Juniors
I posted a few times that Williame is a good NRL standard centre. Only got on the park 17 times in two years for us due to injury. Had a nagging calf muscle problem I recall. Scored 6 trys so reasonable game strike rate.
He wasn’t the worst purchase. Right type of player to fill a gap as juniors came in, without being a roadblock. If not for injuries he may have done well.

BLM01

First Grade
Dont go there re Williame.
Anyone would of looked good in the outside backs for the Warriors last night. Warriors at least put out most of their normal 1st grade backline
Tigers put out a bunch of toothless cubs who did not tackle with one of their least 1st grade capped players captaining the squad.

Last edited:

SnowDragon

Juniors
Dont go there re Williame.
Anyone would of looked good in the outside backs for the Warriors last night. Warriors at least put out most of their normal 1st grade backline
Tigers put out a bunch of toothless cubs who did not tackle with one of their least 1st grade capped players captaining the squad.
Fegai x2 Lomax & Suli… we don’t need Williame any more that’s for sure

Victoire

Juniors
Jackson Ford is the galling one though. I remember when we lost Tyson Frizell, the club's official press release tried to play down the significance and name-dropped Ford as the future of our backrow. Now here we are relying on Billy Burns

Old Timer

Coach
Jackson Ford is the galling one though. I remember when we lost Tyson Frizell, the club's official press release tried to play down the significance and name-dropped Ford as the future of our backrow. Now here we are relying on Billy Burns
Jackson Ford had plenty of opportunities to cement his future in the big red v and failed to do so so why is it galling?

The club will make some decisions re certain players and will get them wrong as do all cubs but we need to ensure we don’t compound the error by extending them in some vain hope they will eventually come good.

If B B and J K don’t hit their potential this year hopefully they join J F at the Warriors next year or E A at the Knights.

Yow

Juniors
Jackson Ford had plenty of opportunities to cement his future in the big red v and failed to do so so why is it galling?

The club will make some decisions re certain players and will get them wrong as do all cubs but we need to ensure we don’t compound the error by extending them in some vain hope they will eventually come good.

If B B and J K don’t hit their potential this year hopefully they join J F at the Warriors next year or E A at the Knights.
E A is at Redcliffe

Dragonsteve2

Juniors

OT, I have enjoyed your recent postive posts attempting to combat the all-pervasive negativity towards the club on this Forum. However regarding Ford I would argue that his opportunities dried up just when he was beginning to show improvement. He also tried his guts out every week as capt in NSW Cup last year. I did actually think that the Dragons made him some sort of offer but he was no doubt looking for more and especially more opportunities. Right now he would be looking pretty good for our back row hole alongside Sua.
I am hopeful we will get more out of Josh Kerr this season - a bit like Ford he ran out of chances just when he was showing improvement, running hard and straight(one of the few forwards to do so) and declining offloads in favour of ball security. Back in NSW Cup he made some great offloads, at times putting Sloan away.

Old Timer

Coach
OT, I have enjoyed your recent postive posts attempting to combat the all-pervasive negativity towards the club on this Forum. However regarding Ford I would argue that his opportunities dried up just when he was beginning to show improvement. He also tried his guts out every week as capt in NSW Cup last year. I did actually think that the Dragons made him some sort of offer but he was no doubt looking for more and especially more opportunities. Right now he would be looking pretty good for our back row hole alongside Sua.
I am hopeful we will get more out of Josh Kerr this season - a bit like Ford he ran out of chances just when he was showing improvement, running hard and straight(one of the few forwards to do so) and declining offloads in favour of ball security. Back in NSW Cup he made some great offloads, at times putting Sloan away.
I too was hopeful for Ford and did see small glimpses but no real breakout or consistency

With his body shape hard to see him being a dominant player which is what we need more than another “stock standard” issue.

I also agree re Kerr but again if he can’t see what he has and use it no amount of coaching is going to help him. He needs to be ruthless running over the top of people but seems to have a nice guy streak that holds him back.

Burns to me is more is like Grahame Wynn & Scott Gourley type and hopefully he can emulate them this year.

Alas there is a significant difference between Koe and NRL and keeps giving fans some false dawns re particular players.

Latest posts