What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New recruits for 2023

Outlaw Pete

Juniors
I feel like I am totally over this game .
Dragons activity re recruitment is farcical. And who has been recruited is second grade.
Communication to supporters non existent.
Anyone who forks over membership dollars is a mug. Stop the revenue and maybe the club will get off its arse and do something to produce a competent football team..
Meanwhile Gould makes a complete mockery of the salary cap.

Dragon David

First Grade
Dragons activity re recruitment is farcical. And who has been recruited is second grade.
Anyone who forks over membership dollars is a mug. Stop the revenue and maybe the club will get off its arse and do something to produce a competent football team..

Well here we go. I thought that the Dolphins is the new Club coming into the 2023 competition but by the looks of things the Bulldogs is signing up every Tom, Dick and Karl fit for a new team to buy them the elusive premiership since their last win in 2004.

How in hell are they able to get all of these guys while we sit in wonder and awe and the Club maintains its usual buying power and signs up rejects? I give up and won't be watching any Bulldogs games. The arrogance of them is making me puke with envy.

Last edited:

thebigredv

First Grade

Well here we go. I thought that the Dolphins is the new Club coming into the 2023 competition but by the looks of things the Bulldogs is signing up every Tom, Dick and Karl fit for a new team to buy them the elusive premiership since their last win in 2004.

How in hell are they able to get all of these guys while we sit in wonder and awe and the Club maintains its usual buying power and signs up rejects. I give up and won't be watching any Bulldogs games. The arrogance of them is making me puke with envy.
Meanwhile both the Bulldogs - yes the Bulldogs! and Souths (two clubs that care about winning) are trying to lure International sensation Dominic Young to their club. They've met with him and walked him through the facilities. Don't know how either club fits him in. You can rest assured it's not by doing anything conventional but I assume within the rules.

Us? Well we are just sitting back and waiting for Dominic Old to come on the market...

The Bulldogs recruitment thing now is becoming ridiculous in contrast to clubs like us. It's actually laughable.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Meanwhile both the Bulldogs - yes the Bulldogs! and Souths (two clubs that care about winning) are trying to lure International sensation Dominic Young to their club. They've met with him and walked him through the facilities. Don't know how either club fits him in. You can rest assured it's not by doing anything conventional but I assume within the rules.

Us? Well we are just sitting back and waiting for Dominic Old to come on the market...

The Bulldogs recruitment thing now is becoming ridiculous in contrast to clubs like us. It's actually laughable.
We should sign up the Dogs' recruitment guy quick smart. He seems to know who to get and has a way of getting them - does he realise there is a salary cap or does he think it's a salary crap. Oh, is that Gus who holds the purse strings and brown paper bags which he stole from the Roosters when he was doing his usual rounds with his mate Uncle Nick at the end of the comp last year?

That coach they were able to lure without too much fuss must be rubbing his hands with glee. "Oh deary me he says all my Christmases have come at once - yippee. I'm going to win a premiership, I'm going to win a premiership, thank you Gus, thank you Gus kiss, kiss".

Kolum Kid

Juniors

We should sign up the Dogs' recruitment guy quick smart. He seems to know who to get and has a way of getting them - does he realise there is a salary cap or does he think it's a salary crap. Oh, is that Gus who holds the purse strings and brown paper bags which he stole from the Roosters when he was doing his usual rounds with his mate Uncle Nick at the end of the comp last year?

That coach they were able to lure without too much fuss must be rubbing his hands with glee. "Oh deary me he says all my Christmases have come at once - yippee. I'm going to win a premiership, I'm going to win a premiership, thank you Gus, thank you Gus kiss, kiss".
Must be some massive TPAs being arranged(naturally all at hands length from the club)

Yow

Juniors
And the NRL for allowing it

possm

Coach

I'm sure that Gould does the major work in recruitment.

Old Timer

Coach
FF

FFS it’s actually not about our recruitment guy.

It’s actually about how much money you have to put in players pockets external of the cap.

The problem is The Gordon’s plain and simple they just don’t want to part with a $ to ensure we attract that which others acquire.

Dragon David

First Grade
FF

It’s actually about how much money you have to put in players pockets external of the cap.

The problem is The Gordon’s plain and simple they just don’t want to part with a $ to ensure we attract that which others acquire.
This is where our problems lie I guess. Besides not splashing out with cash incentives etc., I think that our club is just not attractive for these "top notch" players to sign with us even if offered big money. That's my opinion.

denis preston

First Grade
Must be some massive TPAs being arranged(naturally all at hands length from the club)
It’s very open to taking a unfair advantage. The Bulldogs with Laundy & the Leagues club , Roosters with Politis. Don’t tell me WIN couldn’t arrange 2 million in 3rd party. The administration is too dumb & WIN is too stingy. Would love to get 5 mill a year in 3rd party and then watch the NRL ban it because it’s us.

possm

Coach
It’s very open to taking a unfair advantage. The Bulldogs with Laundy & the Leagues club , Roosters with Politis. Don’t tell me WIN couldn’t arrange 2 million in 3rd party. The administration is too dumb & WIN is too stingy. Would love to get 5 mill a year in 3rd party and then watch the NRL ban it because it’s us.
I wonder how much discussion is had at the Board level with regard to the playing squad, the price of players, or anything football. And if there is any discussion, who on the Board is leading the discussion?

Gareth67

First Grade
FF

Your right you know O.T. would you believe the sod never sent me a Xmas card this year ? 😡

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
This is where our problems lie I guess. Besides not splashing out with cash incentives etc., I think that our club is just not attractive for these "top notch" players to sign with us even if offered big money. That's my opinion.
The word “attractive” stop there
Forget any other
That is what the managers see and advise accordingly.
That is where we need to start to change that

possm

Coach
There is no doubt in my mind that greasing the palms of player managers could very well make a difference in the advice they give to their player clients. However, this problem is not the main obstacle, we need to find a solution to the inadequate management of things football within our club.

I suggest the football department be headed by a more talented person. "This department is to be given its own budget. Expenditure may not be exceeded without the approval of the Board.

One could only hope that such a move would improve the management of the salary cap and the quality/value of players recruited/retained.

Dragon David

First Grade
Sadly the only position the board seem content in at present, is their mediocrity.. I cannot understand how the whole board can't see the huge issues at our club..no plan , no vision, no Balls
Even the guy who I thought would be saying quite a lot more is silent. Where are you Ryan Webb? What is our future looking like on behalf of the Board? Are we in a good place? What are our future plans in bringing our club up to the same levels as the top teams? Have we any plans or is the Club just taking one step at a time waiting for the year to end in mediocrity again and then rebuilding for another 3-5 years with a new coach and pinning our hopes on better recognition once we have the C of E operating? We have been patient for a veeeeery long time Mr Webb. Say something please that will give us more than hope for better things to come!!

Dragon David

First Grade
Well it is easy to see now why our recruitment staff including Hook cannot get signings over the line. They don't want to spend a few bucks on ice creams to lure players that they want to the club. All it took for Ciraldo to get the Australian Schoolboys Captain to sign a 4 year deal with the Dogs was to buy him a $3.00 drumstick.

redv13

Bench
Well it is easy to see now why our recruitment staff including Hook cannot get signings over the line. They don't want to spend a few bucks on ice creams to lure players that they want to the club. All it took for Ciraldo to get the Australian Schoolboys Captain to sign a 4 year deal with the Dogs was to buy him a $3.00 drumstick.

Yep we’re stuck in the days of handing out Pineapple Zooper Doopers

Latest posts