What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New recruits for 2023

This Year?

Immortal
Times are tough for us Dragons supporters and there are no happy dreams on a number of fronts
My dream came true on that wet night in October and with every abject failure since it only makes it more special and reinforces how miraculous it happening really was. I'm thankful I'm not a Raiders, Eels, Warriors, Tigers or Knights supporter, but I'm starting to feel like one after over a decade of abject failure.

Victoire

Juniors
Liddle has showed serious quality / potential but has been crippled by injuries... no shortage of talent. He was touted to turn the Tigers around at one point and they were talking about pushing Farah off for him etc...
Then they brought Farah back! .. then they borrowed Harry Grant for a year... then he got overtaken by Jake Simpkin... then he got overtaken by Nu Brown, etc

Apologies I dont want to appear negative, I just don't think we should expect too much. I'm more excited about the other 9 options

Illusion

Bench
Then they brought Farah back! .. then they borrowed Harry Grant for a year... then he got overtaken by Jake Simpkin... then he got overtaken by Nu Brown, etc

Apologies I dont want to appear negative, I just don't think we should expect too much. I'm more excited about the other 9 options
You may be right in what you say , might turn out to be a dud , but lets just give him a go , as I said he might just be what we have been looking for ..... Anyway time will tell , lets hope he does solve our hooking problem ......

justadragon

Bench
I'm willing to let things happen until the first 6 rounds are over. If we are nowhere to be seen our season will be just about gone that early, there will be finger pointing, accusations, player unrest and most of all the knives will be out for hook, I hope for the clubs sake something decent happens to the team, I hope for us supporters that we have something to cheer about and that our juniors stand up. I'm remaining calm for the moment not listening to too much crap from the media, for the moment I'm happy to accept all the club is doing or maybe not doing, to me it will all unfold in the next couple of months, I remain hopeful.

Dragon David

First Grade

I'm really hoping that Liddle stays injury free because he has all of the abilities to help our game.

Liddle's injuries when at the Tigers didn't help him with maintaining regular selection as their hooker every week and I think that that hindered his progress. The Tigers didn't do too much when they had Farah back then Grant then Simpkins so the Tigers poor results overall to me was not Liddle's fault.

Illusion

Bench
My dream came true on that wet night in October and with every abject failure since it only makes it more special and reinforces how miraculous it happening really was. I'm thankful I'm not a Raiders, Eels, Warriors, Tigers or Knights supporter, but I'm starting to feel like one after over a decade of abject failure.
I had one of those "WET" dreams the other night , it was great :p Ah sorry old mate thought you were talking about something else ........

Yow

Juniors
Just imagine being in recruitment and trying to sell our club to a Joseph Sualli type player, walking around the club with his manager and hearing them talking about the rape trial, BBQgate, the xmas party turnout, hammertime, the pedo character reference, then reading any number of comments from fans in any given news article about the club and then seeing a leadership group of Woodsy, Mmbop, KFC and Clutchman at training while hearing a monotoned drawl barking orders about high% play in the opposition 10 and something non specific about defence.

The dream sells itself doesn't it?
Sure they would be all walking around talking about that. How about This Year you go somewhere else Muppet.

Dragon David

First Grade
Well instead of Brodie Croft signing with us for a couple of years he now has signed a contract for a further 7 years with the Salford Red Devils in the Super League after a Man of Steel winning season last year. Maybe we should have paid the $250K transfer fee but then again, Super League is not the NRL. Good luck to him. I hope there is a performance clause in his new contract because long term contracts makes players slacken off.

Old Timer

Coach
He had played 3 seasons of NRL. Jacob Liddle has played 6.

I think my point is that these strawman comparisons are wishful thinking in the extreme
It’s obvious you don’t rate him and will death ride him despite the fact that his profile minus injury concerns reads exceptionally well.

I always wish those that have suffered interruptions due to injury safe passage to pursue their dream and Liddle us no exception.

Old Timer

Coach
So maybe some of the genius recruitment guys in this place can explain this

We should have pursued Mahoney, Vertillis, Api etc etc etc and we basically have a group of shit hookers because we didn’t spend a $$$$ and Hunt is playing 7 not 9 because you think Hook is a dinosaur.

But according to the experts Hook is a dead duck and Young is coming in 2024 and despite him not being liked anymore than Hook he will be a youth 1st type coach even to the point he might lure Nanai.

or

Young is not coming and Hook the dinosaur is gone and the new coach will be a youth and pathways man pushing out the Woods’s of the world.

Now you have had your way and purchased Api or Mahoney.

New coach arrives and sees we have Bud who is our next boom youngster and a natural 7 and he moves him there but then sees Ben Hunt is wearing the 7 jumper so new coach says Hunt after all is a rep hooker and tries to put him in the 9 jumper but guess what because you paid big $$$$ for the marquis hooker you said we have to have and he is already wearing that jumper new coach puts Hunt back into the 7 jumper after all he is $1M man and Bud goes to the bench or the Dogs or wherever.

Well done genius’s you have excelled yourselves and by the way 1 if not 2 of the young hookers in Finau & CM say see you later because you have now created road blocks for them.

Hook maybe a lot of things but he has attempted to fix our f**ked up cap by being conservative and IMO has tried to unblock our pathways for our own juniors.

FMD even Sloan is talking wax lyrical about and how he has been done a favour.

Buying a 3 or 4 year hooker would have been like cheese to a constipated baby.

Obviously many of you guys never played with blocks and have no idea that if you want to get above ground level you need to have foundations on which to build instead of just putting 17 blocks one in top of the other and expecting it not to fall over.

st.phil

Bench

He had played 3 seasons of NRL. Jacob Liddle has played 6.

I think my point is that these strawman comparisons are wishful thinking in the extreme
all will be revealed - lets see how he goes. If his body stays right, I'm backing him to add much more to the side in attack than Macca.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
So maybe some of the genius recruitment guys in this place can explain this

We should have pursued Mahoney, Vertillis, Api etc etc etc and we basically have a group of shit hookers because we didn’t spend a $$$$ and Hunt is playing 7 not 9 because you think Hook is a dinosaur.

But according to the experts Hook is a dead duck and Young is coming in 2024 and despite him not being liked anymore than Hook he will be a youth 1st type coach even to the point he might lure Nanai.

or

Young is not coming and Hook the dinosaur is gone and the new coach will be a youth and pathways man pushing out the Woods’s of the world.

Now you have had your way and purchased Api or Mahoney.

New coach arrives and sees we have Bud who is our next boom youngster and a natural 7 and he moves him there but then sees Ben Hunt is wearing the 7 jumper so new coach says Hunt after all is a rep hooker and tries to put him in the 9 jumper but guess what because you paid big $$$$ for the marquis hooker you said we have to have and he is already wearing that jumper new coach puts Hunt back into the 7 jumper after all he is $1M man and Bud goes to the bench or the Dogs or wherever.

Well done genius’s you have excelled yourselves and by the way 1 if not 2 of the young hookers in Finau & CM say see you later because you have now created road blocks for them.

Hook maybe a lot of things but he has attempted to fix our f**ked up cap by being conservative and IMO has tried to unblock our pathways for our own juniors.

FMD even Sloan is talking wax lyrical about and how he has been done a favour.

Buying a 3 or 4 year hooker would have been like cheese to a constipated baby.

Obviously many of you guys never played with blocks and have no idea that if you want to get above ground level you need to have foundations on which to build instead of just putting 17 blocks one in top of the other and expecting it not to fall over.
I disagree with sentences 4, 11, 22 & 43.

That being said, I agree with sentence 17.