What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Ruck Interpretation

maple_69

Bench
Clubs drilling new style of tackling in bid to rid game of gang tackling

What do you guys make of the new rule interpretations and how they will effect our team?

Every year we see rule changes that benefit certain squads more than others. I think last year we certainly benefited from the zero tackle change. Now if this does have the desired effect of speeding up the play the ball I think we are by far the best placed to benefit as the Tigers were in 05.

We have a similar style if pack with weapons at dummy half and skillful,mobile back rowers and potentially in Manu, Anderson some lightweight and more mobile props. The game getting faster would only make us better. Segeyaro in particular could become an absolutely priceless asset.

I've been saying for a while that while we don't have a monster pack,we could have a very effective pack which plays a different style of football. I think Cleary and Gus are smart enough to take advantage and the interpretation change could make that style very effective in the coming years.

Pomoz

Bench
Well said Maple_69, I agree with your assessment. Our team is quite fit and hangs in to the death. A faster game will suit us more than most. The Tigers will benefit as well. Big mobile props like Fifita will see their value soar. Giants like Waerea Hargreaves, not so much. He is strong as an ox, but as ME once said in flash of insight which was rare for him (typewriters, monkeys and all that), "it's ok to be strong enough to lift a cow, but you have to catch it first".

franklin2323

Immortal
I think it will help us with our speedy, Mobile forwards. Though I don't think it will be policed like it should be

Doomednow

Bench
Yeah I won't believe it till I see it enforced on the field. Fingers crossed, though. Slowing down play is one of the most annoying parts of the game.

maple_69

Bench
Well if it's enforced for the first 6 rounds as standard, at least we might be able to pick up some bonus points and get off to a great start.

franklin2323

Immortal
I think it will be enforced until SOO then be eased back as is case post origin with these new rules. Make hay for the 1st 10 rounds

TheFrog

Coach
but as ME once said in flash of insight which was rare for him (typewriters, monkeys and all that), "it's ok to be strong enough to lift a cow, but you have to catch it first".

Elliott was always good for a quote, unfortunately he was not a very good coach.,