What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signing !?!

Gronk

Staff member
The Cowboys are also expected to announce in the coming days that Manase Manuokafoa will be released from the final year of his contract in 2011 to join Parramatta.

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2010/06/24/148771_cowboys.html

He's a prop BTW

http://www.nrl.com/telstrapremiersh...160/season/2010/manasemanuokafoa/default.aspx

NRL+Rd+1+Broncos+v+Cowboys+L4W95NzzzLUl.jpg

Kornstar

Coach
I would be happy with this signing, he would be for depth and wouldn't cost much either.

He was decent at Souths, not really sure we can judge anyone at Nth Qld as Henry seems to have ruined the team.......

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
OMG I WAS TOTALLY GOING TO NAME MY NEXT FISH MANASE MANUOKAFOA!!!

He will make a good little friend for my current fishy, Evarn Tuimavave

Forty20

First Grade
So he will be biding his time in Wenty this year?

Assuming everyone remains fit this year I don't think there is a place for him in our best seventeen. Still more depth in the engine room is always nice and next year with our roster potentially getting a shake up (and Caylo's retirement and Mateo's departure) he will get his opportunity.

Gronk

Staff member
Hope fully the Cowgirls will be paying part of his contract.

Nice guy.

Big unit.

Soft as a pillow though.

I remember in his last year at Souths, we played a game against Canberra at home that we were expected to win. They had almost all of their forward pack out through injury and fielded a pack full of nobody's. Still managed to smash us though...

Anyway, Manase was defending under the goal posts and deadset nearly took up all the space between the uprights, he is that big. Some tiny second rower from Canberra who hasn't been sighted since, picked the ball up out of dummy half about 5 out and run over Manase like he wasn't even there. Didn't bother stepping or dummying, just tucked the ball under his arm and ploughed through Manase like a farmer ploughs through wheat. At that stage I knew he was absolutely useless. The evidence had been mounting up for some time, but that incident proved the theory conclusively for me.

As I said, big unit. Lovely bloke, plenty of talent, but a gentle giant and thats not what you want in an NRL forward.

Stagger eel

Staff member
he's another Aaron Cannings, pretty much..

btw, this to me smacks of the coaching staff not having enough faith in our current depth which is something that I've been trying to tell caylo (the poster not the player) for some time..

Gronk

Staff member
he's another Aaron Cannings, pretty much..

btw, this to me smacks of the coaching staff not having enough faith in our current depth which is something that I've been trying to tell caylo (the poster not the player) for some time..

Yep, we can't produce the big pigs like the Dragons that's for sure. They seem to have an endless supply of young angry forwards.

It's a shame that the Wenty boys have failed to make in impression. They have the talent it would seem. Bert has a lot to answer for.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Yep, we can't produce the big pigs like the Dragons that's for sure. They seem to have an endless supply of young angry forwards.

It's a shame that the Wenty boys have failed to make in impression. They have the talent it would seem. Bert has a lot to answer for.

it's probably unfair to just blame Bert but it's a decent start, our recruitment in that area from the juniors up has been disgusting and has suffered since Grant jones was retrenched, Rod Reddy also has alot to answer for..

84 Baby

Referee
We have some skilful & athletic junior props, they just need to swap personalities with Tahu... or we need to sign a Dean Pay

84 Baby

Referee
no not really, the whisper I'm hearing is he could be playing for Wenty by round 21.
Shack or Manny? Correct me if I'm wrong but we are still full in both full-time and part-time squads. Does this mean he's been signed by Wenty or are we dropping someone?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Shack or Manny? Correct me if I'm wrong but we are still full in both full-time and part-time squads. Does this mean he's been signed by Wenty or are we dropping someone?

i actually meant Shack but in Manny's case I have no idea of the details and his signing is still a speculation but given that they've waited until the 11th hour to do a deal makes me think that he'll be on a very minimal contract until the end of the year and possibly a fulltime contract for next year given that he was signed until the end of 2011 with the cows..

Latest posts