What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason taylor

Bench

1. Holmes
6. Bird
7. Barba

14. Brown

Spend the half back money on up grading bird and val and a prop instead.

I really don't think Barba's future is in the halves. I honestly think it was a mistake signing him since you guys have Holmes. A half back should be on your to buy list at the moment.

1.Holmes
6.Bird
7.Albert Kelly
9.Ennis
14.Brown

Now that looks good. Either try to offload Barba (unlikely) or put him on the wing and just use switching fullbacks as a fulltime tactic. Whilst opposition teams will eventually work it out, it should be unpredictable enough to work, providing a much needed spark in attack.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Funny how things work out through Brown being injured. We might have not seen Bird in FG so quickly if he wasn't but still disappointing because I thought he was going to really fire up this year.

Born BB&W

Juniors
Blake Ayshford is about to be released to Widnes or Wakefield, I can't remember which W.

Mitch Brown is another on his way to the ESL.

We are pushing hard for Albert Kelly to make a return, he isn't to keen on Manly and we have offered to bring him back.

Flanno is in a fight for Tamou as well, pushing very hard to get him away from Sticky.

Has Albert Kelly got his head sorted out these days? Would he be a risk of breaching the no DH policy?

Southern Shark

Juniors
Return serve to the Bulldogs.
Offer Hodgkinson 3.6 million over 3 years. Then when he agrees to terms withdraw the offer Fifita / Raelene Castle style saying Trent has said he wants to remain a dog.

Since 73

First Grade
Hodgkinson is just a SOO playing Robbo.

He is allowed to do what he needs to do when surrounded by stars.

In our mob or at the Tits or Faiders he wouldn't be playing for NSW.

Since 73

First Grade
There is football in Albert. It's there, and Bellamy or Robinson would tap into it.

Once they pull on the BWB tho it can become harder to mine.

Tamou - a lazy over rated soft bludger. No friggin way.

Vin Fizz

Bench
Hodgkinson is just a SOO playing Robbo. He is allowed to do what he needs to do when surrounded by stars.
In our mob or at the Tits or Faiders he wouldn't be playing for NSW.
Great behind a dominating pack and certainly needs a 6 that's got the goodies to bring out his best. That partnership with Reynolds isn't anywhere near what it was last year. Tend to agree with Since in some ways, I cant see him being good with DCE next year but could be ok with Jack if he keeps on going the way he is. Stick will try to change him too much.

Kelly would be better option then Chad, you would think Albert has improved offield as any issue in UK where you get charged would see visa ripped up.

Kelly would give us another dimension in attack then Chad as well, we for too long have tried to grind wins.

If our 1-7's contain Holmes, Gagan, Bird, Kelly with Barba coming off bench, opposite teams will be concerned each time we have the ball

Tamou is going to cost a pretty penny, Dunamis Lui from Eagles could well be better option, is playing in backrow at moment but has played at prop before and would be on half the coin Tamou is on

imasharkie

Coach
There is football in Albert. It's there, and Bellamy or Robinson would tap into it.

Once they pull on the BWB tho it can become harder to mine.

Tamou - a lazy over rated soft bludger. No friggin way.

Love to see Alby back at the Sharks.
Don't really want Tamou here. He has been average last year and only starting to play ok because he can see big bucks coming his way from clubs desperate for players.

Inferno

Coach
This is interesting reading:

Outside back Michael Gordon looks unlikey to gain a new deal following the emergence of Valentine Holmes at fullback and Ben Barba floating between fullback and the halves. Halfback Jeff Robson is likely to extend one season with the 32-year-old rejecting an approach from the Super League. Skipper Paul Gallen is keen to extend his stay with the club to begin negotiating a new deal which will see him end his career at the Sharks. Veteran forwards Chris Heighington and Matt Prior are in danger of being let go with the club looking to youth.

Ins: TBC

Outs: TBC

New contracts: Andrew Fifita (2018), Wade Graham (2017), Jacob Gagan (2016), Valentine Holmes (2017), Sosaia Feki (2017), Fa’amanu Brown (2017), David Fifita (2016)

Future to be decided: Tinirau Arona, Blake Ayshford, Paul Gallen, Nathan Gardner, Michael Gordon, Chris Heighington, Saulala Houma, Ricky Leutele, Pat Politoni, Matt Prior, Jeff Robson, Junior Roqica, Sami Sauiluma, Kyle Stanley, Sam Tagataese, Anthony Tupou

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2015-transfer-centre-your-guide-to-player-movement-ahead-of-the-2016-season/story-fn2mcuj6-1227303435457

It's clearly not complete given Bird is not included, but even still that is a hell of a lot of players off contract.

*Edit and Bukuya.

So coaches, who are you upgrading, downgrading, signing or cutting and who if any are you recruiting?

Last edited:
The question is though what type of player do we want and to spend, Lui reminds me of one of those players Bellamy would buy plays his minutes not a star but save money on him, so you retain your guns.

Tamou will cost big money and will want to put in each week, we would have 2 props on big dollars, is that the way really to go, thinking have Fifita your big money prop and a workman next to him.

I would rather spend the money big dollars on half back or a backrower, Tamou does not put in each week, and funny now off contract his form improves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts