What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New South Wales 2016

simmo1

First Grade
No sorry I think its the other way around. They start getting ball, he comes into the backline and finds holes. Please watch the first half against Melbourne and see what happens when his side is under the pump. Nothing. He isn't sighted. The second half was different because every 50/50 call went their way and they had all the ball.

He scored a great solo try that changed the game and started a comeback? That was less than 3 minutes into the second half, so the argument it was off the back of possession is rubbish.

But nah, he should be scoring tries when the opposition has the ball.

T.T

Juniors
No sorry I think its the other way around. They start getting ball, he comes into the backline and finds holes. Please watch the first half against Melbourne and see what happens when his side is under the pump. Nothing. He isn't sighted. The second half was different because every 50/50 call went their way and they had all the ball.

What fullbacks turn the game around when their team is trapped in their 20metres and has no ball. none. idiot

Clifferd

Coach

Kinda hard when your team has less than 30% possession of the ball hahaha come on frog we know you're better than this

TheFrog

Coach
Kinda hard when your team has less than 30% possession of the ball hahaha come on frog we know you're better than this

I think it was a bit more than that, but as I recall he had about two carries, both of them ineffectual, even when things were going OK in the first 15. Up against a strong defence you see.

If he can cut holes in Queensland under similar conditions to the first two games he's a superstar.

Clifferd

Coach
I think it was a bit more than that, but as I recall he had about two carries, both of them ineffectual, even when things were going OK in the first 15. Up against a strong defence you see.

If he can cut holes in Queensland under similar conditions to the first two games he's a superstar.

So what about in the 2nd half when he scored that solo try out of nothing?

Or what about when he burned your boy Bryce "origin hopeful" Cartwright a few times

sandshark

Bench
Anyone think that if NSW lose then maybe Bozo will be finally dealt with?
Very wishful thinking but one can dream and hope!

Pedge1971

First Grade
So let me get this straight. If Gallen and Woods touched the ball less times, made less metres and were less involved in tackles 1-4, AND our halves touched the ball more times during these tackles, then NSW would have stood more of a chance to win?

Nope. It comes down 2 what gus said. Our leadership is all fwds but the halves have no control. When the halves want the ball after a big play it should come to them but I don't think it does. The Gals and the Birds etc f**kong throw another hit up the guts and the moment is lost. In origin, it counts.....

TheFrog

Coach
So what about in the 2nd half when he scored that solo try out of nothing?

Or what about when he burned your boy Bryce "origin hopeful" Cartwright a few times

We just didn't handle your attack. I've been saying for ages the guy is dangerous, I hope he can show it next week, honest.

I think Bryce was caught out in unfamiliar territory in defence, defending out wide. We'd have needed a Dean Whare out there to stop what transpired. We have some nasty defensive problems, but then we haven't conceded 60 in a game as yet, that 34 was the most all year.

Danish

Referee
So let me get this straight. If Gallen and Woods touched the ball less times, made less metres and were less involved in tackles 1-4, AND our halves touched the ball more times during these tackles, then NSW would have stood more of a chance to win?

1. Gallen and Woods each made f**k all metres despite hogging all the ball

2. Of course your halves should handle the ball more than your f**king props. As I said, Cronk and Thurston literally touched the ball 3 times as much as their props, and they destroyed us. Getting the ball in your playmakers' hands is the goal. Not giving useless props cheap metre hit ups on the 4th tackle against retreating defensive lines

big hit!

Bench
Dugan is going to destroy Queensland...

:lol: I know. shame Daley doesn't see it.

the guy is too slow to be a centre and doesn't pass. at least jennings has the first attribute.

Dugan is either a fullback or not in the team at all.

dunno why NSW bothers with wingers if those two have been selected at centre. they won't see the end of too many attacking plays.

Valheru

Coach
Talk to any Sharks fan, and I dare most would agree that Gallen has a tendency to stifle attack. He did it at the Sharks for years - but he hasn't this year. Namely because our halves have dominated the game and over call him.

It's up to both halves to grab the game, and not sit back watching. Maloney surely knows he can do it, and I think Reynolds is a slump and unable to really do it. If he does, the NSW attack will open up.

I won't expect much different in game 3 to be honest. I think we have some more dangerous players (Tedesco, Frizell, Graham, Dugan, Bird), but they will have issues due to slow ruck speed. That's what's really killing the Blues.

Yeah agreed and I am not in anyway saying Gallen and Farah haven't been good servants to NSW, however it seems a bit unfair to Bird who has also been a good servant to not give him a farewell game. As with everything NSW do it is half arsed.

betcats

Referee
They have given their all for NSW but imo you don't get a send off for losing more origins then anyone else in its history. Its a marketing gimmick from NSW cause no one wants to watch this shit anymore.

Munted

Bench
They have given their all for NSW but imo you don't get a send off for losing more origins then anyone else in its history. Its a marketing gimmick from NSW cause no one wants to watch this shit anymore.

Absofuucking lutely.
I wish gal and Farah got f**ked off for game 3, make a stand.
You suck? You f**k off.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Yeah someone here has no idea

How do the backs get the forwards on the front foot exactly?

Smith is the hooker for starters mate, touches the ball more than anyone and sets the tempo

JT and Cronk, along with Smith, dictate the field position with their kicking game turning the oppositions forwards around again and again

Try again dipstick

big hit!

Bench
Yeah agreed and I am not in anyway saying Gallen and Farah haven't been good servants to NSW, however it seems a bit unfair to Bird who has also been a good servant to not give him a farewell game. As with everything NSW do it is half arsed.

if Daley and NSW Origin are in the mood to commemorate, they should've selected the 17 that won Game 2 in 2014 and the only series win in 12 years.

Everything else Gallen and Farah have done at Origin is nothing to celebrate, so their 22 & 15 matches respectively is no better than Will Hopoate's 3 games for NSW.

A real cop out for GBird. He's played 15 games too. Gets the arse. He's definitely playing better than Farah at the moment. At least he can make the starting 13 for his club.

FB: Dugan [played centre] (for Hayne)
RW: Hopoate
RC: J Morris [played G1, missed G2 due to injury] (for Dugan)
LC: Jennings
LW: Tupou
RH: JReynolds
LH: Hodkinson
AH: Farah
P: Woods
P: Gallen
MF: GBird
RF: Scott
LF: Hoffman
I: Merrin
I: Tamou
I: Williams [played Game 1] (for Watmough)
I: Lewis

big hit!

Bench
Absofuucking lutely.
I wish gal and Farah got f**ked off for game 3, make a stand.
You suck? You f**k off.

Shouldn't have even been selected for the series.

Daley boxed himself when he weighed into the Farah /Taylor kerfufle at the end of last season, and stated that he'd select Farah from reserve grade this season. Idiocy in the extreme.

betcats

Referee
Daley has these blues players feeling like they are entitled to it, they get flogged by 50 and the first thing he says is he will be staying loyal, he is a clueless muppet. Guys like Hoppa last year and Fergo this year get picked over much better performing players for no good reason at all. I almost wish we didn't fluke that win in 2014 so we didn't have cop this bullshit.

Latest posts