What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New stadium - 2025

franklin2323

Immortal
Yep it'd be a big mistake moving up there. Infrastructure should keep improving as the west becomes more populated.

Despite the fact I can walk to the current ground... this is the best spot for it.

Infrastructure spend is crazy atm and the area out towards Campbelltown will get a lot of it.

Currently it is a city centre but close enough to benefit from such things

WestyLife

First Grade
Despite the fact I can walk to the current ground... this is the best spot for it.

Infrastructure spend is crazy atm and the area out towards Campbelltown will get a lot of it.

Currently it is a city centre but close enough to benefit from such things

You'd end up with the issue tigers have now and lose that Penrith identity. Might as well just make everyone play out of Bankwest and rebuilt roosters stadium and save the money.

murraymob

First Grade
So has anything official been announced .this could be like every other time .A bait for the voters

Abacus

Juniors
Definitely food for thought in this thread with transport infrastructure to be an important consideration for the new stadium. Imagine shutting down Station Street in Penrith and running continuous shuttles between Penrith Station and the stadium. Drivers could utilise CBD parking before jumping on the shuttle...not really sure why they don't already do it now that I think of it...

Munky

Coach
Outside of people with limited mobility do they really need shuttle busses? It is a 1.5km walk from the station to the stadium on completely flat terrain.

Kilkenny

Coach
There would certainly be two years of pain around bulldozing our current stadium to build an all seater new 25,000 stadium equivalent to Bank West.

While it is perhaps not an ideal outcome for my wife and I given our stage of life I think for the greater good of the City of Penrith it is a no brainer.

The City of Penrith deserves something equaling a Bank West. Perhaps with a slightly reduced capacity, but it cannot be argued the amenities at our current stadium in terms of food, drinks and toilets are sadly lacking. The female toilet facilities are largely a disgrace and while I don’t need to use them, I see the lengthy wait time, it is not good.

I hope it happens and if we personally have to travel to Bank West for two seasons we will suck it up for the greater good long term.

A 25,000 all seater stadium, under cover for all, with proper amenities is a no brainer and the City of Penrith deserves it.

Abacus

Juniors
Outside of people with limited mobility do they really need shuttle busses? It is a 1.5km walk from the station to the stadium on completely flat terrain.
The idea was to address parking concerns and general traffic congestion around a bigger stadium. Much easier to include it in the design process, rather than trying to retrofit a solution later. Otherwise, where are they finding parking for up to 10,000 additional people?

Kilkenny

Coach
The idea was to address parking concerns and general traffic congestion around a bigger stadium. Much easier to include it in the design process, rather than trying to retrofit a solution later. Otherwise, where are they finding parking for up to 10,000 additional people?
I believe I had read sometime previously, when Gus was still at the club, the unused old Panasonic site would be converted into parking to alleviate any parking issues. I’m not sure who owns the land but it has been unused now for basically as long as I can remember. Bizarre really. The value of that parcel of land is enormous and has sat there idle now for over thirty years. Wish I owned it.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
Masked Panther this morning.

Stadium talk not all positive

The talk of the Western Grandstand at Panthers Stadium last Friday night was the likely knock down and re-build of the venue.

Many are upset that the west will likely become corporate seating entirely, much like has happened at Bankwest Stadium.

There’s a real concern that with the State Government in charge of the project and not Panthers or Penrith Council, that fans won’t be heavily consulted during the process.

After the stadium is complete, it will almost certainly fall into the control of Venues NSW. What that means for its Penrith heart and soul is a question that will be answered in time.

Expect official announcements about the stadium in the coming months – while it’s almost certain to happen, no official steps have been taken yet towards the likely knock down at the end of 2022.

There you go.

franklin2323

Immortal
I believe I had read sometime previously, when Gus was still at the club, the unused old Panasonic site would be converted into parking to alleviate any parking issues. I’m not sure who owns the land but it has been unused now for basically as long as I can remember. Bizarre really. The value of that parcel of land is enormous and has sat there idle now for over thirty years. Wish I owned it.

They want to put apartments on that land

GongPanther

Referee
There would certainly be two years of pain around bulldozing our current stadium to build an all seater new 25,000 stadium equivalent to Bank West.

While it is perhaps not an ideal outcome for my wife and I given our stage of life I think for the greater good of the City of Penrith it is a no brainer.

The City of Penrith deserves something equaling a Bank West. Perhaps with a slightly reduced capacity, but it cannot be argued the amenities at our current stadium in terms of food, drinks and toilets are sadly lacking. The female toilet facilities are largely a disgrace and while I don’t need to use them, I see the lengthy wait time, it is not good.

I hope it happens and if we personally have to travel to Bank West for two seasons we will suck it up for the greater good long term.

A 25,000 all seater stadium, under cover for all, with proper amenities is a no brainer and the City of Penrith deserves it.
Too right. A stadium with mod cons is what the fans need.

Kilkenny

Coach
They want to put apartments on that land
That’s been talked about as long as I can remember yet the land sits there unused. High rise units springing up all over Penrith in Kingswood around the hospital.

The next huge development will be the site occupied by the Paceway. Goodness knows how many high rise units will go up on that site, it’s only a matter of time.

franklin2323

Immortal
I wonder whether we may own that land? It just doesn’t make any sense it has sat there idle for so long given the amount of develop which has been taking place.

Parkview owned it. In 2015, it was sold to Australian-based company, SHMH Group Australia.

It keeps getting knocked back because of the numbers they want to cram in there. Current poposal is for 2000 houses.

As for the paceway. The plan is for the new stadium to move over. That road get closed which solves the sewage issue and that will upgrade the whole paceway area

Sime_11

Juniors
makes sense taking over the paceway land etc.

assuming the cricket oval would remain as is now an (there were upgrades there in recent years?)

as much as it will suck, very likely to have 1 side of the stadium as a corporate section ala Bankwest, it's all about the $$$ these days and this would give the club + other tenants the ability to make the extra dosh rather than bums on seats.

All seating needs to be covered at minimum, surely that gives a small boost to crowd figures when the weather isnt ideal?

love the idea of taking games to the bush and having more "marquee games at Bankwest etc" whilst the rebuild occurs - the best possible way we can say thankyou for all the good juniors we've brought through in recent years :p

WestyLife

First Grade
makes sense taking over the paceway land etc.

assuming the cricket oval would remain as is now an (there were upgrades there in recent years?)

as much as it will suck, very likely to have 1 side of the stadium as a corporate section ala Bankwest, it's all about the $$$ these days and this would give the club + other tenants the ability to make the extra dosh rather than bums on seats.

All seating needs to be covered at minimum, surely that gives a small boost to crowd figures when the weather isnt ideal?

love the idea of taking games to the bush and having more "marquee games at Bankwest etc" whilst the rebuild occurs - the best possible way we can say thankyou for all the good juniors we've brought through in recent years :p

Honestly if that set up helps the club financially I'm happy with it.

Kilkenny

Coach
Parkview owned it. In 2015, it was sold to Australian-based company, SHMH Group Australia.

It keeps getting knocked back because of the numbers they want to cram in there. Current poposal is for 2000 houses.

As for the paceway. The plan is for the new stadium to move over. That road get closed which solves the sewage issue and that will upgrade the whole paceway area
I have been a member of the Paceway for many years and there was suggestions sometime ago a new purpose built stadium could be built on the current Paceway site But I didn’t think that proceeded beyond initial conversations.

I could be wrong but I thought there were current proposals for the Paceway site to be developed into a residential, retail and commercial site and a new Paceway (trotting facility) built out at Castlereagh. I thought there had been initial proposals submitted to council around such a development.

soc123_au

Staff member
I have been a member of the Paceway for many years and there was suggestions sometime ago a new purpose built stadium could be built on the current Paceway site But I didn’t think that proceeded beyond initial conversations.

I could be wrong but I thought there were current proposals for the Paceway site to be developed into a residential, retail and commercial site and a new Paceway (trotting facility) built out at Castlereagh. I thought there had been initial proposals submitted to council around such a development.
My understanding is the paceway site can only ever be used for recreational purposes. No housing.

Kilkenny

Coach
I think for any new stadium to come to fruition then surely it needs to be locked in very shortly.

Stuart Ayers has held the seat since 2010 but if the new stadium is not locked in shortly then who knows what would happen if he was to lose his seat in the next state election In 2023.

Personally, I would love to see it happen. I think the people of Western Sydney and the City of Penrith deserve it. It really is a no brainer really, particularly around the growth coming around from Badgers Creek and the new airport.

A purpose built new stadium to cater for 25,000 to 28,000 spectators is just a no brainer no other way of describing it.