What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New stadium - 2025

Kilkenny

Coach
My understanding is the paceway site can only ever be used for recreational purposes. No housing.
No, it will be redeveloped just a matter of when and in what form.

The new trotting facility will be built on the site of the old Castlereagh Dragway.

murraymob

Coach
Well no word on the stadium might head down to Bunnings get a hammer nails bit of 4 and start the build myself

MugaB

Coach
Well no word on the stadium might head down to Bunnings get a hammer nails bit of 2by 4 and start the build myself
I don't see it being a priority right now, during this lockdown, but i hope if they do build this new stadium its not directly ontop of the current one, when they built pawwas one, they knocked down the swimming pool next door then built it there, before destroying the older pawwa park,
I just feel like if they keep it as is till its of no use after the new one has been in use after a year or so, just give penrith options especially for the lower grades

MugaB

Coach
We won't have the $1 lease at Bankwest. The details in the contract are key for how better off the club is
We can play more games at bathurst, dubbo and mudgee, to offset any overpricing from bankwest, besides they should be souths and bulldogs free by then, and will need a more steady tenant than the nomadic tigers, penrith for two years can offer atleast 16-20 home games over the 2 years, maybe less if we take a few magic home games to suncorp or a games to NZ to honor the warriors sacrifice during the covid mainstay in Australia, im sure if our team is wanting to keep home games at bankwest to a minimum, there are plenty of rural areas that would love to see ivan and his panther globetrotters play in their home town.
Remember the NRL doesnt really care too much about the club matches, it really wants money from state of origin, finals and the GF, where panthers play games affects the clubs earning moreso than the NRL, getting bathurst council for example to pay for the event, would be better for the club than the club paying overs to bankwest's "Venues NSW"

franklin2323

Immortal
We can play more games at bathurst, dubbo and mudgee, to offset any overpricing from bankwest, besides they should be souths and bulldogs free by then, and will need a more steady tenant than the nomadic tigers, penrith for two years can offer atleast 16-20 home games over the 2 years, maybe less if we take a few magic home games to suncorp or a games to NZ to honor the warriors sacrifice during the covid mainstay in Australia, im sure if our team is wanting to keep home games at bankwest to a minimum, there are plenty of rural areas that would love to see ivan and his panther globetrotters play in their home town.
Remember the NRL doesnt really care too much about the club matches, it really wants money from state of origin, finals and the GF, where panthers play games affects the clubs earning moreso than the NRL, getting bathurst council for example to pay for the event, would be better for the club than the club paying overs to bankwest's "Venues NSW"
Depends on how much of a % the club gets from corporate deals

Blues Riff

Bench

A bit of history on our current stadium
Anyone else old enough to remember the Midnight Oil concert in '83?
I can clearly recall the great man in his prime, orange boiler suit, steam emanating from his scull.
Sorry about the mess Penrith, but we had been sitting around in the sun for about 6 hours prior.

soc123_au

Staff member
Anyone else old enough to remember the Midnight Oil concert in '83?
I can clearly recall the great man in his prime, orange boiler suit, steam emanating from his scull.
Sorry about the mess Penrith, but we had been sitting around in the sun for about 6 hours prior.
Yes. The ground was unusable until the following year iirc.

I get some people are skeptical, but I think this stadium is a genuine chance with an election coming up and the deputy liberal leader trying to hold on to his seat.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Little bit of a shame as its one of the better old suburban grounds but we need to move with the times

As someone who uses a walking stick. Both grandstands are a nightmare to use.

Hate to see how someone using a wheelchair manages. Lots of uneven footpaths, the toilets straight out of the 1950's. The list goes on.

murraymob

Coach
The stadium will be a boom in sponsorship currently we have a few corporate boxes .we need more as business moves west with the airport .A all seated stadium will also help bring new people to the footy more family friendly
Just think if we win 1 more grand final we will be even with the heels and have a newer stadium than them
Up the panthers

Pomoz

Bench
The stadium will be a boom in sponsorship currently we have a few corporate boxes .we need more as business moves west with the airport .A all seated stadium will also help bring new people to the footy more family friendly
Just think if we win 1 more grand final we will be even with the heels and have a newer stadium than them
Up the panthers
Murraymob, you are spot on with your comments about the airport. I am a West London boy and I remember in the 60's when Heathrow was fields and cow paddocks. It was surrounded by villages. The airport ended up employing most of my family including my wife for a short time. My great Aunt was kicked out of her house in a nearby village so they could build a new runway, she got plenty of cash for it, but she had lived there most of her life.

The airport will transform the area. Not immediately, but in ten years it will be a thriving hub for business. Heathrow supports 114,000 jobs and handles 80 millions passengers a year. If Badgery Creeks can handle 10% of that, there is going to be plenty of opportunity for everybody.

BxTom

Bench
With future population growth in mind, capacity should be 30,000.
I thought that too. We have had capacity crowds of a little over 22k. To spend millions and only increase capacity by so little would be stupid. Should be absolute minimum 30k, better if it was 35-40k. Might not fill it right now, but in 10-15 years...

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I thought that too. We have had capacity crowds of a little over 22k. To spend millions and only increase capacity by so little would be stupid. Should be absolute minimum 30k, better if it was 35-40k. Might not fill it right now, but in 10-15 years...

I think after 2003 the capacity for comfort was limited to 20,000. All the literature says 22,000. So I have officially have

no idea.