What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New stadium - 2025

Kilkenny

Coach
A summer concert at a stadium in Penrith would be a horrific experience.

The area isn't suited to all year round outdoor events.
That’s not necessarily true, modern stadia are purpose built around being able to accomodate more than just football what every variety. Go to the Hunter Valley where almost all outdoor concerts are held during the summer period, there is no cover, no shade. It is what is. I have seen numerous concerts in the Hunter Valley from Elton John to Rod Stewart over the years, hail or shine you are in the lap of the gods, at least a significant percentage of spectators would be protected from nature in a purpose built stadium.

Munky

Coach
That’s not necessarily true, modern stadia are purpose built around being able to accomodate more than just football what every variety. Go to the Hunter Valley where almost all outdoor concerts are held during the summer period, there is no cover, no shade. It is what is. I have seen numerous concerts in the Hunter Valley from Elton John to Rod Stewart over the years, hail or shine you are in the lap of the gods, at least a significant percentage of spectators would be protected from nature in a purpose built stadium.

A fully enclosed stadium will hit an insane temperature in Penrith during summer.

No stadium design will counter that.

Iamback

Coach
Previous plans for the new stadium allowed for large concerts and the like with state of the art flooring to ensure the football surface wouldn’t be compromised.

BankWest does that but given both are the Same size. Likely just takes them off each other. Needs new events

murraymob

Coach
The interest to me now as a long time season ticket holder.how will the allocate the seats .i am in the eastern grandstand near half way.2nd row great seats easy to slip down for a fresh bourbon and food

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
The interest to me now as a long time season ticket holder.how will the allocate the seats .i am in the eastern grandstand near half way.2nd row great seats easy to slip down for a fresh bourbon and food
Lets hope you get treated better than some Wanderer supporters did when they moved to BankWest Stadium. Regular season ticket holders who had tickets around the halfway line were moved to the goal line to accommodate the new corporate areas.
They are no longer Wanderer season ticket holders.

Iamback

Coach
Lets hope you get treated better than some Wanderer supporters did when they moved to BankWest Stadium. Regular season ticket holders who had tickets around the halfway line were moved to the goal line to accommodate the new corporate areas.

The club with have no say over anything with regards to tickets.

Kilkenny

Coach
I’m intrigued. What procedure did you have done at Nepean?
Well it’s really none of your business, but at least four in the last ten years, colonoscopy, endoscopy, knee surgery and heart angiogram all age related I guess, private funded but never had a problem with Nepean Hospital. I think the our hospital system is amazing, even if I haven’t had to endure any procedure on the public waiting list. Maybe I would feel different if I didn’t have private cover, but I do and pay big dollars for it. All of the above cost me, would have been free if I was prepared to wait a month or two.

Kilkenny

Coach
A fully enclosed stadium will hit an insane temperature in Penrith during summer.

No stadium design will counter that.
Honestly go and enjoy a concert in the vineyards in the Hunter. Maybe a few degrees less perhaps. Unless you pay the huge bucks you are sitting in seats exposed to the elements. I was there a few years back to see Neil Diamond, it was insane heat, followed by huge thunderstorms. At the very least our new purpose built stadium will provide significant protection for a majority of punters.

DinkyDi

Juniors
Well it’s really none of your business, but at least four in the last ten years, colonoscopy, endoscopy, knee surgery and heart angiogram all age related I guess, private funded but never had a problem with Nepean Hospital. I think the our hospital system is amazing, even if I haven’t had to endure any procedure on the public waiting list. Maybe I would feel different if I didn’t have private cover, but I do and pay big dollars for it. All of the above cost me, would have been free if I was prepared to wait a month or two.
You are fortunate. I need urgent surgery, and I have to wait, I have waited a long time. I can not afford private health insurance.

Kilkenny

Coach
You are fortunate. I need urgent surgery, and I have to wait, I have waited a long time. I can not afford private health insurance.
I understand that Di. The system is not perfect. If you require critical care, non elective, you will receive the care you need immediately.

I’d say we’ll see a similar design to Bankwest in terms of the corporate seats all being on the same side of the field, it keeps costs down with less kitchens needed. This would see a lot of members shifted to the eastern side.

WestyLife

First Grade
I’d say we’ll see a similar design to Bankwest in terms of the corporate seats all being on the same side of the field, it keeps costs down with less kitchens needed. This would see a lot of members shifted to the eastern side.

They posted a video on twitter with the comparison to North Queensland stadium made.

Kilkenny

Coach
The wife and I went to now Commbank Stadium a couple of weeks back for the A League derby. We’ve been there before for Panther games, it is amazing. I understand the leftist argument around schools and hospitals but at the end of the day given the infrastructure and growth in western Sydney it is a given the city of Penrith requires stadium consummate with the population growth. It will be of significant benefit for generations to come.