What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New stadium - 2025

murraymob

Coach
Yes keep it in general discussion.the thing with these stadiums if set up right It can have a bit of everything food wise .There could be major chain with canteens along with the standard chips pies
As I have said have seen the transition of this ground from upgrades western side to full grandstand Easter side .exciting times for our club .all I need now in my life time is to see us pass parra in grand final wins
Up the panthers

roofromoz

First Grade
I can see us chucking in some cash for a little bridge connecting the leagues club and the stadium, or maybe a special walkway entrance that has statues of former players.

Yeah, that would be good. The two sets of lights on Mulgoa Road and the main entrance into Panthers gets quite busy on game day. Would however need to probably get rid of a bay or two in the car park that runs along Mulgoa Road but that would surely be off set by the multi storey facility at the northern end of the club.

Kilkenny

Coach
I think the negative narrative around our potential new stadium is unwarranted.

the growth of Western Sydney around the area generally, the new airport justifies the area being awarded a proper new age facility.

The A league are talking about a 2nd division which will almost certainly involve Penrith having a side involved and assuming the stadium design is appropriate is should be able to accomodate outdoor concerts.

Over time it will pay for itself.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
Has there been a negative narrative? The SFS had almost 300k signatures on a petition to stop construction. Penrith has 50 lol.

roofromoz

First Grade
I think the negative narrative around our potential new stadium is unwarranted.

the growth of Western Sydney around the area generally, the new airport justifies the area being awarded a proper new age facility.

The A league are talking about a 2nd division which will almost certainly involve Penrith having a side involved and assuming the stadium design is appropriate is should be able to accomodate outdoor concerts.

Over time it will pay for itself.

That last paragraph, yes! It will be a community facility with the Panthers being a primary tenant, but will get plenty of use all year round.

murraymob

Coach
Nothing more than a few politicians passing the call around the ground .i have not heard if any tender has even gone out to build

Kilkenny

Coach
The finalised development plans will be place and construction most likely under way before next state election so I think it is a given now. Hopefully Brookvale gets the nod for the second suburban stadium that should have been torn down and rebuilt years ago.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
The stadium will be knocked down before the next election and even if it wasn’t it has bipartisan support anyway. Labor’s for it too.

murraymob

Coach
I will grab a shovel and bring Penrith legend spook and start digging ..Once the stadium has started to late to stop lol

roofromoz

First Grade
When will an announcement be made about the temporary home? I am guessing it will be CommBank Stadium, but maybe Bathurst might get an extra game or two, and maybe in Queensland too? May come down to the club wanting a minimum of say 10 matches at a nearby venue for memberships, corporates, etc..

Iamback

Coach
When will an announcement be made about the temporary home? I am guessing it will be CommBank Stadium, but maybe Bathurst might get an extra game or two, and maybe in Queensland too? May come down to the club wanting a minimum of say 10 matches at a nearby venue for memberships, corporates, etc..

Hopefully Campbelltown get a slab of games too. CommBank will be good for sponsors but not sure it brings fans in and will be horrible on weeknights

Sime_11

Juniors
I hope they take numerous games to the bush - say the interstate teams that will very likely bring smaller crowds.

keep building our presence with the rural communities - especially that we are hugely relevant at the moment :)

Iamback

Coach
I hope they take numerous games to the bush - say the interstate teams that will very likely bring smaller crowds.

keep building our presence with the rural communities - especially that we are hugely relevant at the moment :)

great in theory. The high chance of Friday or Thurs night games makes it impossible to do.

murraymob

Coach
Well with the controversy on the naming of the new stadium in the city it does raise the question .who actually decides what names go on the stands on our new stadium

Latest posts