What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New stadium - 2025

snickers007

Juniors
Would be interested to see the cost/benefit of having Bluebet available for the next 2 years. That's 24 more games we have patrons visiting the club for hours before and after.

I'm assuming we'd be paying to play at CommBank as well?

$50m might be recoverable

Abacus

Juniors
Overheard a fairly senior Panthers official in the past couple of weeks say the club expects the new stadium on the Paceway with games continuing at current stadium until about round 8 next year.

Iamback

Coach
Would be interested to see the cost/benefit of having Bluebet available for the next 2 years. That's 24 more games we have patrons visiting the club for hours before and after.

I'm assuming we'd be paying to play at CommBank as well?

$50m might be recoverable

We won't lose members or sponsors staying.

Rumours are we lost $5m across last year with the comp moving.

So even double that is $10m

The $50m includes getting the new site for the paceway. Better site brings cash in there.

So $50m looks big but not in the overall picture

Iamback

Coach
Overheard a fairly senior Panthers official in the past couple of weeks say the club expects the new stadium on the Paceway with games continuing at current stadium until about round 8 next year.

If you can't play at Penrith all through the knockdown. Then no point moving the Paceway.

Certainly can't play Parra at CommBank. So curious what the back up plan is

Abacus

Juniors
If you can't play at Penrith all through the knockdown. Then no point moving the Paceway.

Certainly can't play Parra at CommBank. So curious what the back up plan is
Not sure if you meant it the way it came across but you appear to be pretty short-sighted. The main focus is the best location for a Penrith stadium for the next 50 years. Where the team plays for part of 2023 & 2024 is insignificant in the scheme of things.

Not sure why you "can't play Parra at CommBank" during the rebuild. Presumably we'd get corporate dollars and the stadium fee together with the joy of beating them in their own city.

Iamback

Coach
Not sure if you meant it the way it came across but you appear to be pretty short-sighted. The main focus is the best location for a Penrith stadium for the next 50 years. Where the team plays for part of 2023 & 2024 is insignificant in the scheme of things.

Not sure why you "can't play Parra at CommBank" during the rebuild. Presumably we'd get corporate dollars and the stadium fee together with the joy of beating them in their own city.

Did you see the statement the Paceway put out?

I can't see it being a straight forward process possibly going through a court

We are talking moving it a few hundred metres. I can't see the difference it makes it could be justified if it meant even a full season extra in Penrith but for a few months.

Penrith fans won't go to Parra. So you are basically giving them an extra game.
Much prefer it to go somewhere else

Abacus

Juniors
Did you see the statement the Paceway put out?

I can't see it being a straight forward process possibly going through a court

We are talking moving it a few hundred metres. I can't see the difference it makes it could be justified if it meant even a full season extra in Penrith but for a few months.

Penrith fans won't go to Parra. So you are basically giving them an extra game.
Much prefer it to go somewhere else
Just telling you what I heard. It was also mentioned Penrith pools would be impacted. Not sure why you think it needs to go to court, money talks - Paceway are likely just upping their asking price.

The question really is which site gives the best outcome for a stadium for the next 50 years - existing, Paceway or other. 20 games or so in 2023 & 2024 are irrelevant in the stadium decision.

Need a location where you can get 30k+ vs Eels. Rules out country grounds, maybe a game to take to Perth or somewhere? Club is also just as likely to do a deal with the NRL - if we have to play our Eels home game at Parra during 2023/2024, then we want reciprocal at Penrith once the new stadium opens.

Iamback

Coach
Just telling you what I heard. It was also mentioned Penrith pools would be impacted. Not sure why you think it needs to go to court, money talks - Paceway are likely just upping their asking price.

The question really is which site gives the best outcome for a stadium for the next 50 years - existing, Paceway or other. 20 games or so in 2023 & 2024 are irrelevant in the stadium decision.

Need a location where you can get 30k+ vs Eels. Rules out country grounds, maybe a game to take to Perth or somewhere? Club is also just as likely to do a deal with the NRL - if we have to play our Eels home game at Parra during 2023/2024, then we want reciprocal at Penrith once the new stadium opens.

Council owns the pools though easier to aquire. They really should have the location sorted by now. Typical government

We have played them in Darwin before

From the general chat I have had and heard. I think our crowds have. Especially as the price will go up. So I hope a mix of grounds get used to offset the the losses

Kilkenny

Coach
Just to add to the debate, wife and I buying an apartment off the plan tucked in between Mulgoa Road, Worth Street, sort of almost backing onto current Paceway Site. The marketing agent quite openly suggested he believes there is a strong possibility the new Stadium will be built on Paceway Site and home games will continue to be played at current stadium. We didn’t let on we were Panthers fans in our discussions it was just something he brought up in conversation. As a side note he also suggested Penrith Council likely to sell there Current chambers to Westfield for an extention and new council chambers to be built on the vacant land owned by council of the western side of Mulgoa Road just north of Panthers opposite current Paceway site. It was interesting given everything going on.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Just to add to the debate, wife and I buying an apartment off the plan tucked in between Mulgoa Road, Worth Street, sort of almost backing onto current Paceway Site. The marketing agent quite openly suggested he believes there is a strong possibility the new Stadium will be built on Paceway Site and home games will continue to be played at current stadium. We didn’t let on we were Panthers fans in our discussions it was just something he brought up in conversation. As a side note he also suggested Penrith Council likely to sell there Current chambers to Westfield for an extention and new council chambers to be built on the vacant land owned by council of the western side of Mulgoa Road just north of Panthers opposite current Paceway site. It was interesting given everything going on.

How exciting for you and Mrs Kilkenny buying brand spanking new digs,

You'll be able to what your old mate used to do....(his name excapes me at the moment) and roll yourself home from games (after a huge win)......sounds like a good plan.

Kilkenny

Coach
How exciting for you and Mrs Kilkenny buying brand spanking new digs,

You'll be able to what your old mate used to do....(his name excapes me at the moment) and roll yourself home from games (after a huge win)......sounds like a good plan.
It’s downsizing, it’s getting old, no longer able to maintain lawns, gardens etc in our current 35 year old family home. Health issues are a factor which have made this decision necessary, but yes hopefully a new phase in our life going forward.

His name was Fibroman Alice, still a dear friend even if our circumstances have changed, he has moved on elsewhere. We will always be friends he is a special person even if slightly flawed and he wouldn’t mind me saying that.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
It’s downsizing, it’s getting old, no longer able to maintain lawns, gardens etc in our current 35 year old family home. Health issues are a factor which have made this decision necessary, but yes hopefully a new phase in our life going forward.

His name was Fibroman Alice, still a dear friend even if our circumstances have changed, he has moved on elsewhere. We will always be friends he is a special person even if slightly flawed and he wouldn’t mind me saying that.

I couldn't for the life of me, remember his name. He sounds like a real character.

Downsizing is a great idea. To have everything new and shiny such a bonus. Good luck with it all.

murraymob

First Grade

He is definitely special lol

Murraymob1

Juniors
Any updates on where we are playing next year .Being a season ticket holder it would be nice to be able to plan for next year be it at parra or penrith

I miss Fibroman’s posts. Always took the time to give it to the Roosters!!

Iamback

Coach
Any updates on where we are playing next year .Being a season ticket holder it would be nice to be able to plan for next year be it at parra or penrith

I am waiting for the same. It will be a factor as to renewing as a member or not. I presume plenty in that same boat

Kilkenny

Coach
My best friend who is in real estate in Penrith was discussing this subject today after golf. According to him a large developer has offered approximately a $100 million to buy the pace way site but it is only viable for them if they can build a certain amount of residential apartments and commercial premises. The issue, which is well known is traffic flow around the precinct, primary Station Street, which would have to be re-zoned and be two or three lanes in one direction. Don’t know which direction. The suggestion it be bought by Panthers and or State Government remains an unconfirmed rumour of an amount significantly less. $60 million was the figure suggested in the media. I think the most likely outcome is we will be relocating to Comm bank Stadium for two seasons and the new stadium will be built on the existing stadium site. Either way a decision will have to be finalised soon in order for the new stadium to be built and completed by season 2025.

Kilkenny

Coach
I assume it is reasonable to expect Panthers would have to offer an incentive for members to buy season tickets if they have to relocate to Comm Bank for two seasons. At the very least first offer on seats available at the new stadium.

Latest posts