What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New stadium - 2025

WestyLife

First Grade
The questionaire had things like BBQ's, childrens playgrounds, Cultural buildings etc.

How much bigger is it? Can they outfit it with all that? Having use outside the nrl team would be cool. I've seen it in person a hundred times but you never really think of these things.

Iamback

Coach
How much bigger is it? Can they outfit it with all that? Having use outside the nrl team would be cool. I've seen it in person a hundred times but you never really think of these things.

The current Complex including Training field is about 51,000m2. Last renovation they were going to put a stand like Brookvale has on the hill. Sewage pipes wouldn't allow it so it was limited the build you could do.

The Paceway is 112,500m2 roughly.
For comparison Parramatta Stadium is 70,000m2 that has a Basketball court and few things outside so the potential is huge for outside activities

WestyLife

First Grade
The current Complex including Training field is about 51,000m2. Last renovation they were going to put a stand like Brookvale has on the hill. Sewage pipes wouldn't allow it so it was limited the build you could do.

The Paceway is 112,500m2 roughly.
For comparison Parramatta Stadium is 70,000m2 that has a Basketball court and few things outside so the potential is huge for outside activities

That's massive. Yeah heaps of potential.

Kilkenny

Coach
Has there been any mention of what else the precinct could include?
I think the site is so large it offers significant opportunities for a dining and entertainment precinct, along with public spaces all of which would be available for public use year round in addition to generating revenue streams. I understand given the overall cost of the project it makes sense to capitalise on the commercial opportunities.

Traffic flow, parking, impact of locals residents remain a hurdle to overcome.

I think the site is so large it offers significant opportunities for a dining and entertainment precinct, along with public spaces all of which would be available for public use year round in addition to generating revenue streams. I understand given the overall cost of the project it makes sense to capitalise on the commercial opportunities.

Traffic flow, parking, impact of locals residents remain a hurdle to overcome.

This might be controversial, but parking should be very minimal. Instead they should put a public transport plan in place, especially for game day, where several bus routes lead to the stadium. It makes it much easier for people to get in and out of the precinct.

Iamback

Coach
This might be controversial, but parking should be very minimal. Instead they should put a public transport plan in place, especially for game day, where several bus routes lead to the stadium. It makes it much easier for people to get in and out of the precinct.

Hawkesbury area has poor public transport. Also the vast distance means parking will be somewhere. Even if on the streets

The Government doesn't care about over that part of the city.

People will just park in adjoining side streets like they do now

Dude, I’m talking a perfect scenario. The best option would be to run a game day bus service, even in places that don’t already have good bus connections. Now, it might not happen, but it’s a better option than a multi story car park or people clogging the streets.

Iamback

Coach
Dude, I’m talking a perfect scenario. The best option would be to run a game day bus service, even in places that don’t already have good bus connections. Now, it might not happen, but it’s a better option than a multi story car park or people clogging the streets.

I am just comparing to Newcastle. As they are the closest to Penrith in demographics then Parra.

They still park in surrounding streets, Not sure they can stop that practice really

Kilkenny

Coach
So glad they have decided to do this on the paceway...
I think it is still being negotiated, with no deal finalised.

I understand all the valid points around a suitable traffic management plan but at the same time there is the vacant parcel of land opposite the current stadium/Howell Oval which has been vacant land since I moved to South Penrith in 1971. There was the odd season or two overs the years where it was used for casual parking but given it unused status surely a deal could be struck with whomever owns it, to put some asphalt down and create I don’t know a couple of hundred spots. May alleviate some pressure.

I think it is still being negotiated, with no deal finalised.

I understand all the valid points around a suitable traffic management plan but at the same time there is the vacant parcel of land opposite the current stadium/Howell Oval which has been vacant land since I moved to South Penrith in 1971. There was the odd season or two overs the years where it was used for casual parking but given it unused status surely a deal could be struck with whomever owns it, to put some asphalt down and create I don’t know a couple of hundred spots. May alleviate some pressure.
That’s the vacant block right next to the old Panasonic site (my Dad used to work there).

It’s not a bad idea that you’ve suggested though hasn’t the site been earmarked for future apartment blocks? Either way, why not make use of the space for now whilst it’s still empty. A temporary parking lot would be ideal.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Thats what smart Govts do! When Optus stadium was built it was built with ZERO parking available anywhere near it, but they spent $250mill on public transport links to it so no one has to drive. Works perfectly.

Sime_11

Juniors
Thats what smart Govts do! When Optus stadium was built it was built with ZERO parking available anywhere near it, but they spent $250mill on public transport links to it so no one has to drive. Works perfectly.

lets hope they do this - the airport will open not longer after this stadium is built - public transport from the airport to near the stadium would be a huge win for everyone

Latest posts