What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New stadium - 2025

Fangs

Coach
Local boy Stuart Ayres gone as minister. Our stadium deal doesn't look so secure anymore.

Is it all governments that are corrupt? Or just the NSW state government? It seems NSW members can't help themselves.

Iamback

Coach
Local boy Stuart Ayres gone as minister. Our stadium deal doesn't look so secure anymore.

Is it all governments that are corrupt? Or just the NSW state government? It seems NSW members can't help themselves.

Nope all governments are corrupt

Fangs

Coach
Nope all governments are corrupt

Our state government gets found out more than any other. We need them to keep the corruption low key.

No more wine bottles or jobs for the boys in NYC. Lets stick with plain envelopes and burner mail.

box57l

Juniors
I thought Hadley was an Eels supporter, might depend on who scratches his tummy.
Anyway the thought of a new Stadium was fun while it lasted.
Probably but from his own mouth "Lee Hagipantelis (Tigers chairman) is an old mate and sponsor of the show". Complains about pork barreling but follows the same principle of pandering to sponsors, the irony. Regardless of the perceived corruption I was just hoping Penrith would once benefit from it, I guess that is reserved for our Bondi mates.

CCJohnC

Juniors
I thought funds for our new stadium per signed and seales. It is the three other grounds that are not and causing the shouting. As usual we are Penrith not a Sydney team.

GongPanther

Referee
I thought funds for our new stadium per signed and seales. It is the three other grounds that are not and causing the shouting. As usual we are Penrith not a Sydney team.
"It's been signed off" are the words I've hearing all week. Once that is done, is it set in stone?

Kilkenny

Coach
Pretty sure got funding for that
Our centre of excellence cost $22 million and was fully funded by Panthers Group. Gould tried to get funding but gave up in the end.

it is interesting the redeployment of Concord Oval is costing $75 million as is funded by Federal and State Govt along with local council and West Tigers. Not sure who contributed what amounts. The redevelopment includes a centre of excellence for the West Tigers.

Murraymob1

Juniors
I have a feeling the compromise will be building the stadium at its current site and that will be delayed till after the next election giving labour the power to cancel it