What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New trial rules

Craig Johnston

First Grade
- differential penalties for incorrect play the balls
- 35 second clock for drop outs and 30 second clock for scrums will be penalised
- 2 or more man walls joined to block charge downs will be penalised

Discuss..

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
excuse my ignorance / stupidity, but what's the difference between a penalty and a differential penalty?

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Wayne Bennett thinks so since Thurston kick the winning field goal in the big one.

If Wayne Bennett was upset about Thurston kicking the winning field goal in the big one, why would he want 3 man charge down walls eradicated?

You haven't thought this one through.

Danish

Referee
odd that they need to create a specific rule against players obstructing defenders from getting to a drop goal kicker when there is already an obstruction rule in place.

I suppose they had to invent that rule since they decided that obstruction is actually legal when the warriors set one up against us in 2015.

adamkungl

Immortal
Differential penalties should be used more often. Especially for grey areas aka coin toss decisions like strips

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
It's the wall to prevent the charge down that is going.

I see. I agree that there are bigger issues to tackle then.

One would be the man playing the ball shoving the marker out of position and essentially taking them out if the equation. Happens way more than charge down blocking or incorrect play the ball.

bottle

Coach
I see. I agree that there are bigger issues to tackle then.

One would be the man playing the ball shoving the marker out of position and essentially taking them out if the equation. Happens way more than charge down blocking or incorrect play the ball.
Kasiano special.

Rabbits20

Immortal
- differential penalties for incorrect play the balls
- 35 second clock for drop outs and 30 second clock for scrums will be penalised
- 2 or more man walls joined to block charge downs will be penalised

Discuss..

It's 30secs for drop out.

35secs for scrums.