What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Warriors Coach

TheDMC

Bench
Interesting times. The only coach from the treadmill of 'available' experienced coaches I would have chosen was Flanagan. The rest wouldn't deliver anything remotely amazing. Amazing being our team playing to its potential with a suitable game plan and style (noting with our current squad, its potential is nowhere near as high as other teams stacked with more talent and well established combinations). Playing to your potential means well coached means easier to attract better talent means up the ladder you go.

What Payten has done for the Cowboys is really impressive. They were 13th to 15th on the ladder for 2018-2021 and after a rough first season in 2021 has got them absolutely humming this year. Not an incredible roster, just got them playing to their potential. Such a massive shame he didn't take the Warriors gig.

Anyway, fingers crossed this Webster dude is of Payten's caliber. I'd rather gamble on a rookie than a humdrum average coach like we just had.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Interesting times at the Tigers

confirmed Head coach 2023-24 Tim Sheens, 25-27 Benji Marshall
I feel sorry for Tiger fans. It's like people don't remember that Sheens was sacked in his final years as a tigers coach and sued the club. Then went to England and failed pretty spectacularly with a couple of clubs.

Now they've given him the keys to the joint at age 71, and are grooming a guy who just retired last year and has never coached to take over in a couple of years.

I f**ken love Benji and hope it works out, but if just feels rushed and forced.

jaseg

Juniors
As far as I remember Sheens had turned down Gus the year before for the Penrith gig, only to get the axe at the Tigers after 1 bad season (just missing the 8) - then they tried to play silly buggers and avoid a full payout and give him some other job (this was following a whole bunch of boardroom/exec bullshit in the years leading up to 2012). That whole thing worked out in spectacularly awful fashion for the Tigers.

As far as his SL career - he resigned pretty quickly from one gig after management shit, wasn't play related (was less than half a season in and he had a winning record). The other one I have nfi...

Latest posts