What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New wingers please

Alan Shore

First Grade
1. Why have we persisted with playing Mills injured? Thank God Isaac Gordon is back next week - put him in.

2. Williams had the dropsies again (remember the famous comeback against the Cows?) Put Stapleton in for him, who will have an extra yard of pace and might finish off those tries better.

Mills definitely needs to recover from that injury..

Not hotdogs best game but I don't think he deserves to be dropped..

Is Stapleton back yet? Definitely in for Mills..

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Crete?

Over John.

Isaac on speed on a 40m Carney. Yes.

John has defended well in general play.

spider

Coach
Yep, agree angry - bring Ike in for mills

Though TC runs mainly left side and cuts in right side ,means Ike would have to go sniffing.

chewsta

First Grade
I knew carney was fast but man, tonight he showed some Cov like afterburners!

Frenzy.

Immortal
No need to replace Williams. He was good tonight. Yes he dropped those 2 balls. One was a near to impossible reflex catch and one was with Superman underneath neath knocking it out.

Don't forget how good the work was that he did for Best's try and how good he was under the skyscrapers. How hard he ran it into the meat of their forwards etc.

Don't let the disappointment of the loss cloud your view people.

If Ike is back then it's ideal. You can't just drop Wright as he has been very good at 1. Mills needs a long break to recover and the players might just now be coming back to allow that to happen.

Good call on Crete Waaka too Angry. The man is a machine.

Madsharkie

First Grade
...Good call on Crete Waaka too Angry. The man is a machine.

Was wondering how long it'd take you, you've got a massive man crush on him Frenz!

I agree though, no need to make massie changes cause we lost one. Give Hotdog a chance to make up for it next week. Ike for Mills makes sense. Will prob take a couple of weeks for Stapo to be fit again???

Coach Flanno told 2MMM that Stewie tore his hammy 10 mins into the game and was a passenger for the remaining 70. He also mentioned that Issac Gordon and Stapo are ready to re-enter the fray and hinted at one of them lining up against Melbourne.

And Hot Dog Williams would have scored that final try if it wasn't for Inglis.

Matt Wright has surprised / impressed me at #1 too. Watching him flatten Matt King was a bonus.

snoozer

Bench
wright - pass
hot dog - pass(bad game but like his contributions/attitude)
mills - fail

ike please.

M2D2

Bench
If Gordon, Stapleton, Leutele AND Feki are playing reggies. who the f**k is taking mills spot? he was a passenger nearly the entire game with that injury.

gUt

Coach
I want to apologise to you blokes. I ended up with John Williams in the draft of a VRL comp I'm in over at the Broncos fansite. All year I've been selecting him, only to drop him in the week he happened to finally get a couple of tries. However I let you down by picking him in my side again and since then whenever he gets near the line the ball magically flies out of his arms.

So, yeah sorry.

Ads

First Grade
Cant believe Mills stayed out there with a bad hammy. Thats ballsy/stupid from player and coach. They are a nightmare if you push them too far. Solid effort from the kid. He will be a good player for us if he can run around at 90% or better.

i have him as well.

he should have scored 1 of those trys.

wingers are there to score and not make a dick of themselves. he did neither.

he dropped one over the line last week too.

M2D2

Bench
One of the passes he would have needed to be magic to catch and the other one Inglis did a fantastic job to free the ball.
It was hard to watch. But seeing as how many of the players had the dropsies. Looking at hotdogs as a scapegoat is hilarious, especially how many of you are now on the Pom bandwagon.

gUt

Coach
In all fairness Williams has looked pretty solid for youse this season, the problem is you have too many solid backs and not enough matchwinning backs (available). One of these centers or wingers will profit very handsomly running off Carney if only they held the ball.

Latest posts