What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Gobsmacked

Bench
Boxing is " just punching " that's all.
When you strip everything away to just 1 tasks, that tasks becomes very technical. There's levels to the skills in Boxing that a vast majority of the population aren't capable of.

Rugby league stripes back all the other stuff to bare skills .
Some people are better adapted to honing a specific skill set and are suited to league in that respect.
Union is much more technical with a lot more to cover so upper levels to running game and tackling and the potential isn't fully realised. Some players could be great at league if they can adapt to honing a more specific skill set.
In all reality Union players would benefit from a season in league to focus on those physical attributes in the same way fighters in the UFC can benefit from Boxing or kick boxing ect.

So yeah league is easy for those in Union who think " oh you just want me to run the ball, I can do that " no you can't , not at the level you'll be doing it after a year. And if you don't think you can get better at that constantly, you're wasting everyone's time.

Wb1234

Referee
When you strip everything away to just 1 tasks, that tasks becomes very technical. There's levels to the skills in Boxing that a vast majority of the population aren't capable of.

Some people are better adapted to honing a specific skill set and are suited to league in that respect.
Union is much more technical with a lot more to cover so upper levels to running game and tackling and the potential isn't fully realised. Some players could be great at league if they can adapt to honing a more specific skill set.
In all reality Union players would benefit from a season in league to focus on those physical attributes in the same way fighters in the UFC can benefit from Boxing or kick boxing ect.

So yeah league is easy for those in Union who think " oh you just want me to run the ball, I can do that " no you can't , not at the level you'll be doing it after a year. And if you don't think you can get better at that constantly, you're wasting everyone's time.
Nailed it

Matua

Bench
You two really are very odd. For two people who hate rugby so much you sure seem to have done lots of rugby training.

You really need to accept that two different sports can exist and they can both be highly skilled and physical, and it doesn't have to be a competition.

Some players just suit league better than rugby and vice versa regardless of the time they get to put into various aspects of the game. I reckon Te Whare will be a better league player than J Barrett ever would be (despite what that dingbat Kemp says). I reckon Mathew Ridge was a much better league player than rugby player and he was still a damn good rugby player - his style just suited league better. Some are as good at both, like Ray Price, Michael O'Connor, Lote Tuquiri, Inga and Craig Innes.

Colk

First Grade
You two really are very odd. For two people who hate rugby so much you sure seem to have done lots of rugby training.

You really need to accept that two different sports can exist and they can both be highly skilled and physical, and it doesn't have to be a competition.

Some players just suit league better than rugby and vice versa regardless of the time they get to put into various aspects of the game. I reckon Te Whare will be a better league player than J Barrett ever would be (despite what that dingbat Kemp says). I reckon Mathew Ridge was a much better league player than rugby player and he was still a damn good rugby player - his style just suited league better. Some are as good at both, like Ray Price, Michael O'Connor, Lote Tuquiri, Inga and Craig Innes.

100%

LeagueXIII

First Grade
The hardest part of league is defence most people when bagging the game dont take this into account even dopey Fitzsimmons says the most technical part of union is the defence and guess where they look for guidance for this both for ideas and coaching thats right the simple game of rugby league.

mongoose

Coach

this is a really good post actually.

Matua

Bench
Interesting comments, maybe more reflective of when he went to school from a quality of the teams point of view, as the Wellington schools more often than not lose to the Super 8 teams in the Hurricanes region. Maybe your mate Te Kaha is correct in that basketball, rather then league is going to take over.

In case you're unaware the Super 8 is competition between 8 boys schools in the central north island and is probably the premier competition in the country (6 of the last 10 winners of the Top 4 the national schools comp have been from the Super 8) along with the Auckland comp.

taipan

Referee
Penrith 48
Roosters 4

really not much better when you consider the supposed quality of the Chooks
But as Gordon Bray the former union commentator would often state on one sided contests' they were brave in defeat".
Why can't people say they were smashed.It ain't hard.

Wb1234

Referee
But as Gordon Bray the former union commentator would often state on one sided contests' they were brave in defeat".
Why can't people say they were smashed.It ain't hard.
I’m sure so many one sided contests is a bore for their fans

Latest posts