What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Perth Red

Post Whore
the new funding model is even better than the old (5 million funding over cap vs 3 million)

heck even you could run an nrl clubs at a profit

there was an article a while back about how club owners were really happy with the new funding model as it increased club values

manly got offered 18 million

cannon brooks bought a share at south’s valuing it at 80 million

this will only go up over time and is just the license value not any assets they own

Ah tba is only for the crap crowds ok
Yes I know that, but we can only go on last year when clubs got $15.5-16mill grant and the cap was $10mill. The nrl claims they were all profitable on that (but which clubs were only profitable on that due to additional external funding from pokies etc we don’t know) Grants are going up to $17mill but cap is going up to $12mill. It’s too early to say what that looks like for club profitability,

Wb1234

Referee
Yes I know that, but we can only go on last year when clubs got $15.5-16mill grant and the cap was $10mill. The nrl claims they were all profitable on that (but which clubs were only profitable on that due to additional external funding from pokies etc we don’t know) Grants are going up to $17mill but cap is going up to $12mill. It’s too early to say what that looks like for club profitability,
Please

it’s obvious profits are going up

even if some clubs waste the extra money an nrl license is literally a money making enterprise

just about any new location could run at a profit if it’s got good management

with the nrl paying travel cost Perth has never had it so good

Perth Red

Post Whore
Please

it’s obvious profits are going up

even if some clubs waste the extra money an nrl license is literally a money making enterprise

just about any new location could run at a profit if it’s got good management

with the nrl paying travel cost Perth has never had it so good
we dont have the information to know that. As I’ve just explained to you we don’t know which clubs are only profitable as the LC’s or other funding is making it so, or what this year looks like with the cap and grant changes.

but yes we are getting to a point where clubs would have to be pretty sht run to not be profitable.

Taking $32mill as a baseline Expense to run an nrl club there are still some that wouldn’t be profitable on football operations alone.

Wb1234

Referee
we dont have the information to know that. As I’ve just explained to you we don’t know which clubs are only profitable as the LC’s or other funding is making it so, or what this year looks like with the cap and grant changes.

but yes we are getting to a point where clubs would have to be pretty sht run to not be profitable.

Taking $32mill as a baseline Expense to run an nrl club there are still some that wouldn’t be profitable on football operations alone.
You’ve never invested in shares have you

Vibing

Juniors
That’s true

nzru got 5 percent ownership in sky as part of the last tv deal

shame the shares collapsed after
well if they're a publically listed company (Sky) then its an outrage .. a scandal .. that they keep their performance a secret

We will tell you what we want to tell you

Vibing

Juniors
Rugby League in NZ.
no
just wugby , but as explained to you before , can't have just one sport not being reported on as that sport requested
looks odd
but being a part owner of the TV network you do as you're told

all other sports are not reported on as a result

here we are

Te Kaha

First Grade
no
just wugby , but as explained to you before , can't have just one sport not being reported on as that sport requested
looks odd
but being a part owner of the TV network you do as you're told

all other sports are not reported on as a result

here we are

5%... not even close to being a controlling shareholding. But go on, believe your ridiculous conspiracy theory... It only shows how weak your mind is.

Why have the Warriors or NZRL or NRL not made public that they can't get hold of the TV figures? Because, not surprisingly, you're full of shit.

Vibing

Juniors
5%... not even close to being a controlling shareholding. But go on, believe your ridiculous conspiracy theory... It only shows how weak your mind is.

Why have the Warriors or NZRL or NRL not made public that they can't get hold of the TV figures? Because, not surprisingly, you're full of shit.

controlling the information
just disgraceful

Te Kaha

First Grade

Perth Red

Post Whore
How do you pick your shares throwing darts at a blackboard

they are valued according to future earnings
I pay far more knowledgeable people than I to make those decisions.

but yeh if you think they are choosing companies with a long history of losing money who MIGHT be now turning it around. I wouldn’t be very happy with them.
in a couple of years we’ll get more consistent data on how clubs are financially performing under a $17mill/$12mill scenario.

Wb1234

Referee
I pay far more knowledgeable people than I to make those decisions.

but yeh if you think they are choosing companies with a long history of losing money who MIGHT be now turning it around. I wouldn’t be very happy with them.
in a couple of years we’ll get more consistent data on how clubs are financially performing under a $17mill/$12mill scenario.
Ok you wait a couple of years to work out the obvious

or just pay me to tell you

Te Kaha

First Grade
no sports figures are being published in NZ thanks to big brother

aka
NZ yawnion

wow
just wow

Why have the Warriors or NZRL or NRL not made public that they can't get hold of the TV figures?

Or can NZR control the NRL now as well????

Wb1234

Referee