What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Te Kaha

First Grade
sold out f**kwit

don't cry about it

oh & in developing news
Looks like the Warriors game this sat against the Dolphins is on track to....... sellout

yaaayyyyyyy

BAHAHAHAHA you can't let it go when you are clearly wrong. Either 3000 people bought tickets and didn't turn up, or... you know it wasn't a sell out.

Gobsmacked

Bench
Stupid nrl clubs all should’ve taken a game around nz as promised this year

with the weakness in super rugby the games wouldve all sold out and put the game outside Auckland at a high
I've always been an advocate for a second NZ team and there was even a support for it after they won the 2008 world cup that saw a 50% increase in participation ( I wonder if those decreases touted by you know who has factored that in 🤔). In all honesty I'm surprised how much support there is right across the country- they should get the WC !
And a second NZ TEAM!!! 🥳

Wb1234

Referee
I've always been an advocate for a second NZ team and there was even a support for it after they won the 2008 world cup that saw a 50% increase in participation ( I wonder if those decreases touted by you know who has factored that in 🤔). In all honesty I'm surprised how much support there is right across the country- they should get the WC !
And a second NZ TEAM!!! 🥳
All these massive crowds outside Auckland shows the market is even stronger than we hoped

Gobsmacked

Bench

Perth Red

Post Whore

Gobsmacked

Bench
From 16000 players in 2009 to 24,000 players in 2010? Wow that must have been some sort of initiative! How did they accomodate that many new players in one year?
The point is: our kiwi friends tell us the games dying over there but we're watching sold out games right across the country and on the face of it, over the last 15 years participation is well up and we're still to see the bounce back from covid...
The game is booming in NZ

Perth Red

Post Whore
The point is: our kiwi friends tell us the games dying over there but we're watching sold out games right across the country and on the face of it, over the last 15 years participation is well up and we're still to see the bounce back from covid...
The game is booming in NZ
No argument from me, it’s great to see the warriors back home and the fans getting behind them. I think before covid the fans were a bit meh about the warriors after years of poor performances. Covid seems to have regalvanised the cluba and the fans. Long may it continue.
How the games travelling in rest of nz I couldnt say as there is no data available to confirm one way or the other.

Te Kaha

First Grade
When you talk about the declining rl participation numbers in nz ( 23%) over the last 10 years(over 10% during covid)
Have you accounted for the 50% increase the game went through??

You know that was from 12 years ago don't you? Only 24K participants 12 years ago. *facepalm*

23% decline since then makes it less than 20K participants, factor in the rise in Woman players, that makes the loss of male players even greater.

Lets not forget, that's when the NZRL started counting NZ eligible kids in NZ as "participants" if they went through the camps in Aussie.

Gobsmacked

Bench
You know that was from 12 years ago don't you? Only 24K participants 12 years ago. *facepalm*

23% decline since then makes it less than 20K participants, factor in the rise in Woman players, that makes the loss of male players even greater.

Lets not forget, that's when the NZRL started counting NZ eligible kids in NZ as "participants" if they went through the camps in Aussie.
Great so you agree participation is up 👍