What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand coins

innsaneink

Referee
I've come across about $100 in NZ coins . .. $2, $1 and 50c. Where in Sydney can I change this to Aud?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Foreign coins are usually not accepted by banks and money exchanges.

Your best bet is to find a Kiwi going back home and swap them for AUD coins or notes. Alternatively, you can go to the airport and put them in a collection point for charity.

Otherwise they are pretty useless.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Throw the $1 coins into a pokie assuming they are the same size and press collect.

Meanwhile, I have received coins from various countries in my change countless times.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Throw the $1 coins into a pokie assuming they are the same size and press collect.

Meanwhile, I have received coins from various countries in my change countless times.

Won’t work, NZ coins are all different sizes and weights to Aus. They updated all their coinage a few years back to smaller, lighter coins

Lambretta

First Grade
What Willow said

There's always plenty of Kiwi's around
I am sure one of them will be happy to exchange some for you

horrie hastings

First Grade
Love when customers at work try to push them through with other gold coins and I just push the back and say they aren’t legal currency.

Latest posts