What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand v West Indies, 1st Test, Dunedin

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
New Zealand v West Indies, 1st Test, Dunedin
Oram injury scare disrupts New Zealand
Cricinfo staff
December 10, 2008

Kyle Mills has come into the New Zealand squad as a precaution following Jacob Oram's leg problem © Getty Images

Kyle Mills has been called into the New Zealand squad as cover for Jacob Oram after the allrounder suffered a slight calf strain on the eve of the first Test against West Indies. Oram was able to complete New Zealand's training session on Wednesday and a team spokesman said he was 95% certain of starting the match in Dunedin on Thursday.

Oram's wobbly body has had to recover from a back injury and a fractured finger before the latest setback. He missed the Australia tour but proved his fitness for the West Indies series in a couple of first-class fixtures for Central Districts. "He had that layoff and then he had two big state games and then he's just feeling a bit tender after that heavy workload," the spokesman told NZPA.

Mills, the fast bowler, will join the squad as a precaution but will be let go before the toss if Oram is cleared. Oram is due to enter at No. 6 and is seen as an answer to the side's batting problems, which prevented them from competing with Australia over the past month.
© Cricinfo

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/nzvwi2008_09/content/story/381481.html

Meth

Staff member
Vettori wins the toss and will bat- I guess we'll get a look at McIntosh and Flynn at 3 today

JJ

Immortal
can we bat a day? :(

WOuldn't be a real test without either Oram or Bond pulling out late!

I really think we need to move on from Oram. He`s just not reliable enough in terms of fitness, and he`s not even a good test player. A nothing bowler and a mediocre batsman. I reckon Franklin will be a very good batsman, but he really needs to improve his bowling accuracy.

Why does Jamie How always try to drive across the line? Why?????? Has he heard of the cover drive? Awful. Why doesn`t his front foot move towards the ball?

Last edited:

Meth

Staff member
McIntosh looks nervous- but if he goes on from here and plays a long innings, and scores some runs, I won't have any complaints about him

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I think Oram needs to toughn up just a tad. I mean come on, a slight calf strain! He misses enough Cricket as it is.

Meth

Staff member
Good start from McIntosh. Hopefully he and Flynn go on and make decent scores

I reckon he`d like to give up test bowling in the near future. But his batting is not good enough to get him in the side, in my opinion.

Good start from McIntosh. Hopefully he and Flynn go on and make decent scores

Flynn looks very good, he`s light on his feet, makes up his mind quickly, good balance. But McIntosh I`m not sure about. He`s hanging in there, but looks very uncomfortable.

Meth

Staff member
yeah he does look fairly precarious- but at the same time, he's hanging in there and is starting to accumulate some runs. Flynn will be less nervous- but yet, he is looking good, providing he goes on.

Flynn gets away with one, nasty outside edge. Ball around offstump, tries to drive to mid-on midwicket, goes through too early. Lucky it doesn`t carry to slip.