What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Former NRL player Jarrod Mullen suspended

TIGER14

Bench
Mullen suspended by NRL
image.ashx

The NRL said on Tuesday afternoon that it has provisionally suspended Newcastle Knights player Jarrod Mullen under the NRL’s Anti-Doping Policy.

The Provisional Suspension Notice asserts that Mr Mullen returned a positive A-sample for an anabolic steroid, Drostanolone which is prohibited by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and the NRL’s Anti-Doping Policy. He was tested by the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA) on November 29, 2016.

Mr Mullen is prohibited from participating in any WADA compliant sport, including Rugby League, while the provisional suspension is in place.

Under the Anti-Doping Policy, Mr Mullen now has the opportunity to have his B-sample analysed.

The NRL will not be making further comment while this process is under way.

http://www.nrl.com/mullen-suspended-by-nrl/tabid/10874/newsid/103195/default.aspx

nick87

Coach
What is it with this club?
You'd think they'd have won more premierships given how many PEDs they seem to chew

Burn it to the ground and salt the earth!

Suitman

Post Whore
Really mate? Really?

Not having a shot at him, but although he has been a good player, (and I've always liked Mullen) when we talk about premiership aspirations, truly< what has he offered?
He may well have done it for a stronger club, but at the Knights, he's just been a run of the mill half.
In saying that, I would have loved him at the Eels when we were struggling for a decent playmaker.

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
It might be your best bit of luck in a while. He's on big coin and spends most his days in rehab it seems. This could be Newy's way out of an overpaid stalwart. How long is he contracted for?

He is still contracted until 2018 I believe so we will have plenty of money to spend. If we can't get a replacement before the start of the year u can lock in a 3rd spoon in a row sadly

AJB1102

First Grade
Not having a shot at him, but although he has been a good player, (and I've always liked Mullen) when we talk about premiership aspirations, truly< what has he offered?
He may well have done it for a stronger club, but at the Knights, he's just been a run of the mill half.
In saying that, I would have loved him at the Eels when we were struggling for a decent playmaker.

You're taking me far too seriously. I was having a shot at Newy's chances in 2017.