What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newcastle looking to future with young rake

Jono078

Referee
Stuart Flanagan played tonight for the Tigers..

He was ok, had a couple of sloppy passes and short kicks..

But overall he seemed alright.

Hanscholo

Bench
Do you mean the '01 GF - where it took a team 20 odd games to realise the way to put Parra under pressure was to simply run straight at Jason Taylor... watch the tapes - JT had a shocker defensively... as he did in just everyone of his club games - but it was highlighted in his most important game!!!

M8 that was the genius of johns and the good sense of Hagan. JT, Buettner and Brad Drew were played out of the game. Kennedy and Simpson destroyed them on the fringe, it was a masterfull tactic drawn up by Hagan and it was amazingly executed by Johns and his back row. It didnt help parra that Newcastle didnt make a single mistake in the first 38 mins either. Your right though JT, Buettner and Drew were all shown up for their poor defence.

Whats Doing

Bench
He looked alright but I wouldn't pay overs for him. His defence was first rate but seemed to lack any penetration from dummy half.

Jono078

Referee
Watching tonights game (Titans v Eels)

Would be great to pick up either Nathan Friend or Matt Keating..

Keating is a young hooker, he looked good, has a very accurate passing game.

Johns Magic

Referee
Watching tonights game (Titans v Eels)

Would be great to pick up either Nathan Friend or Matt Keating..

Keating is a young hooker, he looked good, has a very accurate passing game.

Are either off-contract?

Friend has been a personal favourite of mine for a few years now.

Jono078

Referee
Are either off-contract?

Friend has been a personal favourite of mine for a few years now.

If any of them were off contract it would be Keating, but i'm not totally sure.

I've liked what i've seen from Friend from the past few years too.

He is contracted for another year atleast I think, Titans won't give him up easy either.

EDIT, just found this;

Eels re-sign five
Wed May 23, 2007
by James Stewart
Parramatta have today announced the re-signing of five members of their 2007 squad.

The biggest signing is that of young halfback Tim Smith who has extended his contract with the club by two seasons until the end of the 2009 season.

Re-signings:
Tim Smith - 2 years
Daniel Wagon - 1 year
Feleti Mateo - 3 years
Josh Cordoba - 2 years
Matt Keating - 2 years.