What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newcastle side for Penrith game

roopy

Referee
Robbie O’Davis
Craig Hall
Anthony Quinn
Mark Hughes
Adam MacDougall
Sean Rudder
Kurt Gidley
Adam Woolnough
Luke Quigley
Matthew Jobson
Steve Simspon
Andrew Price
Daniel Abraham
Interchange:

Matthew Kennedy
Tim Maddison
Todd Lowrie
Reegan Tanner
Blake Mueller

Kidley at halfback will be interesting. Kicks in general play will be split between him and Rudder, but niether are more than adequate at the job. Kicking straight to Wesser could cost us very dearly.

Jobson is doubtful in the forwards.

A lot of the other forwards are not the type of players who do long spells on the field, and the young guys will be playing at a higher pace than they are used to, so they will only be good for short spells.

Simmo and Wooly have both played very little football, so they will be good for 50 minutes tops.

Price, Kennedy and Tanner are all players who go well in 20 to 30 minute spells.

Maddison is very unfit and should only be good for a total of 30-40 minutes.

Mueller and Lowrie are goers, but are not used to firstgrade pace.

Abs and Quiggly both need to play for long periods. It might save an interchange if Abs and Hall swap places during the game a few times so they can both take a share of the workload and both play for 80 minutes.

All in all, it will be a good effort if we get up, and the most important guy could be the guy who manages the interchange of the forwards.

Spike

First Grade
I can see mad dog and Hall coming in off their wings to take the ball up like extra forwards when the others start to tire. I would of also given Tilse a run ahead of Maddison too. I know he's still a kid but he would do a better job than Maddison.

I would at the very most like them to remain competitive throughout the match but with guys like Puletua and Galuvao running flat out at them and little blokes like Campbell and Wesser running around the rucks of tired forwards they've got a tough job ahead of them.