What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newtown team to play Newcastle

Booyah

Bench
Sydney Airport Jets VB Premier League team to play the Newcastle Knights at the Express Advocate Stadium, Gosford - 5.45pm, Saturday, 26th February 2005.

1. Andrew Le Breton
2. Nathan Merritt
3. Beau Scott
4. Vince Mellars
5. Dimitri Pelo
6. Russell Aitken
7. David Hall ©
8. John Green
9. Kevin Kingston
10. Lafi Manua
11. Clifford Manua
12. Daniel Dumas
13. Cameron Ciraldo

14. David Buckley
15. David Thompson
16. Jardine Bobongie
17. Remi Reweti
18. Rick Roberts
19. Thomas Gemmell
20. David Vial
21. Brett Rimmer
22. John Sinisa

Coach: Colin Murphy
Team Manager: Michael Dabela

Nice to see a few Sharkies in there. 12 actually.

imasharkie

Coach
2. Nathan Merritt
4. Vince Mellars

Not looking good for 2 of my favourite players for the season.
Unfortunately with the perinial speed bump and Raper favoured hogging the number 2 jersey in 1st grade could be long odds at getting a go at it.

Bluebag

Juniors
9 Sharks actually, Bobongie, Reweti and Lafi Manua are contracted to Newtown but a decent side just the same. Sad not to see Chicka Cook get a run.

That is a very young side. I imagine only a handful of players would be over 21. The side's potential is emmence.

With a few more players dropping back from the top squad I will be really interested to see them go around in round one V Penrith.

Nuffs

Bench
reweti and bobongie!!!

reweti was inspirational in the flegg grand final last year. hope he continues

pogo

Juniors
a "flash ' side hey jimbo?

i reckon there is only 5 names listed there that id be happy to have a s first grade or first grade back ups.

interesting to see the developemnt of these blokes throughout the year.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
imasharkie said:
2. Nathan Merritt
4. Vince Mellars

Not looking good for 2 of my favourite players for the season.
Unfortunately with the perinial speed bump and Raper favoured hogging the number 2 jersey in 1st grade could be long odds at getting a go at it.
Hey Ima can you start singing Bird's praise, he needs the kiss of death.

Lafi Manua - Go Hard son.

He's won three premierships while coaching with the Jets.

Sure, they were in Metro Cup, but he did it with a team that cost between a quarter and a tenth of the amount the other clubs in the comp were spending on their players.

He was also our coach in 2000 when we were a feeder to the Warriors. We were their second-choice feeder, so we got what was left over when they'd selected their 1st grade side and then sent the best of the rest to Qld Cup.

The players Murph coached ended up being the bulk of the Warriors' grand final team a couple of years later.

He's very good at getting out of form or dispirited players take a long look at themselves and make themselves good, selectable first grade prospects again.

That's who he is.

Bluebag

Juniors
DT-1 you also forgot to mention Murph is a full on character and the sessions are very intense. Also his post game tricks of table sliding are infamous.

Murph is a born and bred Jets man who was on the Bench in the 81 GF before moving onto Norths when we got kicked out and being banned from the Leagues club for making love to the Bear in the foyer.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
15. David Thompson

is this the ex bulldog ex cowboy Ex rabit Thompson?

loads of nrl experience if it is. not flash but solid

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Bluebag said:
DT-1 you also forgot to mention Murph is a full on character and the sessions are very intense. Also his post game tricks of table sliding are infamous.

Murph is a born and bred Jets man who was on the Bench in the 81 GF before moving onto Norths when we got kicked out and being banned from the Leagues club for making love to the Bear in the foyer.
I like the guy already.

Foz

Bench
Mr Angry said:
Coach: Colin Murphy
Never heard of him.

Anyone in the know?

Col Murphy Newtown 1976-78 & 1981-1983
49 games 1 replacement 4tries 13 pts.
Norths 1984 1 game 0 pts
Souths 1985 1 game 5 rep 0pts.
I thought he played a lot more than 49 games for Newtown but thats what the book says.