What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next Time On An All New TV General Discussion Thread

Parra

Referee
The on location shots in Sydney are great. The only thing that irks me is ordering "dimmy's". Never heard this term used. And pouring soy sauce straight into a paper bag. No . Interesting they get do much right and then include a weird detail like this.

Mark B

Juniors
Mr Inbetween shows what Australian film/tv can accomplish. It is a great show. I worked in Lithgow and they shot part of season two there. The final episode of season two where Ray and Bruce have their final sit down in the old farm house was filmed just behind Lithgow in a suburb called Pottery Estate. Very much looking forward to Season 3.

Mark B

Juniors
I just started on The Wire based on the comments in here. I'd heard of it, but never watched it. I just finished season 2. I'm impressed, it's a quality show. Omar is now one of my favourite characters ever. I'll watch a few more eps tonight.
Mate, it hits so close to the mark how modern policing is done its not funny. Don’t spend any money, if there is a result make sure the bosses get their heads on the tv with the cash, drugs and guns. Don’t forget to massage the crime stats to show that everyone is safe.

Mark B

Juniors
Did anyone watch the first two Mr Inbetween episodes of season 3?

Freaking great start.

Sad to see this show end.
Outstanding start. Did not know this was the final series. Pretty sad as I said before, it shows how good Australia can be making quality stuff instead the reality shit that permeates Aussie TV.
That shoot out scene was pure class in production quality. Not to mention big Ian Roberts. I thought he was great. Did notice the wear and tear that footy had on his body. The scene where he walks back to the 4WD before the shootout you can see how bad his knees are.
His NRL promos are terrible but Matt Nable is pretty impressive as Dave.

soc123_au

Staff member
Outstanding start. Did not know this was the final series. Pretty sad as I said before, it shows how good Australia can be making quality stuff instead the reality shit that permeates Aussie TV.
That shoot out scene was pure class in production quality. Not to mention big Ian Roberts. I thought he was great. Did notice the wear and tear that footy had on his body. The scene where he walks back to the 4WD before the shootout you can see how bad his knees are.
His NRL promos are terrible but Matt Nable is pretty impressive as Dave.

I like Nable as an actor. I've enjoyed most of the stuff I've seen him in. I just wish he would disappear from anything on Fox League.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Did anyone watch the first two Mr Inbetween episodes of season 3?

Freaking great start.

Sad to see this show end.

Missus is not impressed that I haven't waited for her to start. She likes to binge all of them at once. I thought I could watch it all as they are released, then watch it again with her. She hasn't bought my story.

Mark B

Juniors
I like Nable as an actor. I've enjoyed most of the stuff I've seen him in. I just wish he would disappear from anything on Fox League.
Some old classic rifles on display. The trusty SLR and M1 Carbine. By the look of the recoil from the side shots of Matt Nable firing the SLR he was actually filmed firing real rounds off.

soc123_au

Staff member
Some old classic rifles on display. The trusty SLR and M1 Carbine. By the look of the recoil from the side shots of Matt Nable firing the SLR he was actually filmed firing real rounds off.
What is this from? The new season of Mr Inbetween? I havent had a chance to watch it yet.

azzah72

Bench
Mare of Easttown.

Great Murder mystery staring Kate winslet.

Last ep is this Monday but the first 4 eps have been quite good.

Winslet is great and has a great cast in general.

Mark B

Juniors
Finally caught up with Mr Inbetween with episode 3. Pretty funny stuff with Ray and Gary. The highlight was the piss take on Gary’s ex Russian Mrs who is now a lesbian. The hairy armpits, miserable and Missy Higgins playing on the stereo. Classic.

Might be mentioned already here, don’t think I’ve been in this thread before..

But I’m hooked on the ABC series “You can’t ask that”… it’s on iview but also Wednesday nights (from memory)..

For those unfamiliar with it, the premise is a group of people from a similar background, from ex-politicians to nudists to refugees to alcohcentenarians to people who’ve killed someone ….. that are asked questions about their experiences, beliefs etc… supposedly questions that you’d be unlikely to ask them face to face.

Gotta say that some of the questions show complete ignorance and lack of respect to the folks on the show… but indeed are those that are the type people would say “behind closed doors”… however on the whole the questions give the folks a chance to break stigmas, give great insight themselves and genuinely paint them in a different light to what you’d think…

Indeed there is an episode on ex-footballers that includes Dean Widders, Todd Carney, Willie Mason n Ian Roberts…. It was riveting and insightful…. And gave me a real appreciation of these guys beyond the usual shite you see in the media etc etc..

Parra

Referee
Anyone seen The Magician?

Ray Shoesmith, former soldier turned hitman, was first sketched by Ryan in the late 1990s for a student project at RMIT, and introduced to the wider world in The Magician, a critically acclaimed but little-seen mockumentary released in 2005 (there’s a lovely little nod to the film in the penultimate episode of this season, a gift, Ryan says, for the loyal fans who’ve been there from the beginning, and maybe an invitation to more recent ones to “go and do a deep dive and find the film”).