What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next TV deal discussion 2028 -

Ramsay Snow

Juniors
Not sure if they used it or not

but a lot of clubs borrowed money from banks and the afl acted as a guarantor

covid messed up the afls finances and they didn’t take their medicine like we did

this year they will get more tv money but they still are in a hole financially and will be for a while

hopefully vlandys keeps buying more assets for the long term

the goal should be 1 billion in assets for the nrl

AFL buy a billion dollar stadium, NRL buy a pub lol

Perth Red

Post Whore
to keep this thread on topic, the interesting bits in here for the next deal are the comments about negotiations starting for next deal soon and then ”tricks up our sleeve” whatever that means.
Sounds like he is buying time. Also I got the impression he could renegotiate current terms of the existing deal but seems like all hot air to me.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Sounds like he is buying time. Also I got the impression he could renegotiate current terms of the existing deal but seems like all hot air to me.
It does seem unlikely you’d start to negotiate a deal for 6 years time before the new deal has even started!

what they should be doing this week is getting on the phone to the two losing afl bidders and starting discussions about them looking to buy the rights from 2026. Then going to fox after those discussions and letting know they are at risk.

Last edited:

Ramsay Snow

Juniors
I think we can see that to get max value out of the next deal we need perth asap and a plan for Adelaide. Then we need to carve the rights up offering soo as a stand alone package. Then we need to go to market with it and create competition. Only way we will get what the game is worth.
You think the Giant’s and the Suns are basket cases, they’ll look like Manchester United compared to a Perth/Adelaide rugby league team lol.

mongoose

Coach
You think the Giant’s and the Suns are basket cases, they’ll look like Manchester United compared to a Perth/Adelaide rugby league team lol.
Perth NRL team will be better supported from the get go than those 2 unwanted nothing clubs

Colk

First Grade
Perth NRL team will be better supported from the get go than those 2 unwanted nothing clubs

Don’t engage the trolls mate. I have never really understood the type of person that would go on an opposing forum (fumbleball or NRL) just to troll. Like seriously have they not got anything to do with their time

Last edited:

Colk

First Grade
It does seem unlikely you’d start to negotiate a deal for 6 years time before the new deal has even started!

what they should be doing this week is getting on the phone to the two losing afl bidders and starting discussions about them looking to buy the rights from 2026. Then going to fox after those discussions and letting know they are at risk.

Wouldn’t want Fox to catch a cold though

angak888

Juniors
I respect the balls on the afl. Like you’ve got a product where the ratings are down especially in their so called growth markets

on pay tv they are getting destroyed

yet they still pretend like it’s a premium product that networks are desperate to secure

fake it till you make it

I wonder what other revenue they will include this time in the deal like they included digital last time

How the AFL got $642M is beyond me

Ramsay Snow

Juniors
Don’t engage the trolls mate. I have never really understood the type of person that would go on an opposing forum (fumbleball or NRL) just to troll. Like seriously have they not got anything to do with their time
I have never understood the need for RL fans to constantly compare themselves with the Countries premier sport, the AFL get more because the AFL is worth more, NRL gets less because the NRL is worth less, how many times have the AFL received more for their rights now? there is no conspiracy - the deal you guys got is a very good one for your code, why not concentrate on the positives instead of whinging all the time?

Ramsay Snow

Juniors
Rubbish, they will be a basket case like the the AFL’s new expansion teams, question is will the NRL be in it for the long haul? time will tell, we know the AFL are.

The AFL know it’s going to take generations for teams to prosper and they have the money to wait.

Ramsay Snow

Juniors
Forget about the tv deal, NRL’s worst nightmare has just unfolded, Brisbane Lions and Sydney Swans both in seperate prelims, oh my!

Latest posts