What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next weeks team

ryan.a87

Juniors
Expecting ponga, Mann, Frizell, Jsaf to be out

Miller
Marzew
Best
Gagai
Young
Gamble
Hastings
Dsaf
Brailey
Leo
Hetherington
Fitzgibbon
Crossland (hopefully Elliott)

bench
Crossland
Jones
Croker
Johns

could be worst bench of all time next week

mozza91

Coach
Crokes and maybe Elliott (only if he’s 100%) back.

Hopefully Brailey and Johns are ok to go as well.

What’s up with Mann?

ryan.a87

Juniors
Crokes and maybe Elliott (only if he’s 100%) back.

Hopefully Brailey and Johns are ok to go as well.

What’s up with Mann?
Ruled out of todays match……Hastings said something along the lines of “blokes tearing their calf muscle in captains run”….assumed that was mann

Yosh

Coach
Whoever runs out next week, if they play with as much heart as the lads did today, I don't care about the result. It was good to see our lads get into another opposition team. All I wanted to see was intensity from the team and they showed it. Really happy today. Also, wanted to see some Kaufusi from our side and Thompson brought it in spades!

ryan.a87

Juniors
How did young go in nsw cup?

DT reporting that Ponga could be back as soon as next week, if that’s the case, you’d think the team would be

Miller
Marzew
Best
Gagai
Young/Hunt
Ponga
Hastings
Dsaf
Brailey
Leo
Frizell
Fitzgibbon
Croker

bench
Gamble
Hethrington
Jones
Lucas

perverse

Referee
Gamble to 13 and bring Ponga in for Mann. Leave the rest as is and get Crossland out of there when Mann is fit.

Yosh

Coach
Miller
Young
Gagai
Best
Marzhew
Ponga
Hastings
Saifiti
Brailey
Thompson
Frizzell
Fitzgibbon
Gamble

Crossland
Hetherington
Crocker
Jones

Can Hetherington play on the edge? I wanna see more Jones and Crocker in the middle.

mozza91

Coach
Dom was good. Got involved a lot and didn’t make errors. Hunt keeps making uncharacteristic mistakes. Would probably swap Young for him.

If KP is fit push Gamble to 14 and fire Crossland out of a cannon into the sun.

Jono078

Referee
I just can't see AOB dropping Hunt for young and missing with the winning juju.

If Ponga is back that makes things really interesting - on many fronts.

How will he go? How will the team react? Will it boost our confidence or will we stop playing the way we did today?

PhilGould

Bench
All I can find on it is David Riccio today saying the club is confident he'll be back on the field in a matter of weeks, but he clarifies that it'll be 2 weeks at least. An article the other day said the trip could be up to 2 weeks so would be strange if he's coming back a few days later, and if it's any longer than that then his preparation would be pretty out of whack regardless.

Gamble to 13 seems the obvious choice when Ponga returns anyway. Doesn't take the line on as much as Mann but he's a better playmaker in all aspects and a bigger body in the middle. Handy having another genuine kicking option outside your halves as well.

perverse

Referee
How will he go? How will the team react? Will it boost our confidence or will we stop playing the way we did today?
This is why I'd like Gamble starting in the 13 when Kalyn is back. Keep what we had today on the field, and add Kalyn as an extra bit of spice. I don't think replacing Gamble with Ponga and then Crossland with Gamble is the answer. Keep as much of what we had going for us today on the field as possible. Kalyn has to go somewhere, and I think Gamble can handle a bit of extra work in the middle just as well as Mann can.

Like, in what element of the game is Gamble not just a straight up upgrade on Kurt?

perverse

Referee
What i'm loving about all the blokes we've brought in - is they all seem to be out and out footyheads. Certainly Hastings and Gamble are just classic footy players. Willing to get in, get dirty, compete on every inch and play gritty footy. We've missed this element so much. Pearce was last man standing with that attitude and it's good to have it back in the squad.

I'd be shocked to hear that Hastings or Gamble don't watch footy outside of their contractual obligations to do so like another certain highly paid bloke at the club. They just look like good old fashioned footy players with good old fashion footy instincts that actually love the game. Is it weird that we haven't had any footballers in our team for 18 months or so?

Jono078

Referee
What i'm loving about all the blokes we've brought in - is they all seem to be out and out footyheads. Certainly Hastings and Gamble are just classic footy players. Willing to get in, get dirty, compete on every inch and play gritty footy. We've missed this element so much. Pearce was last man standing with that attitude and it's good to have it back in the squad.

I'd be shocked to hear that Hastings or Gamble don't watch footy outside of their contractual obligations to do so like another certain highly paid bloke at the club. They just look like good old fashioned footy players with good old fashion footy instincts that actually love the game. Is it weird that we haven't had any footballers in our team for 18 months or so?
Just today as well I noticed that they all want the ball in their hands, and because they want to be so on the ball, their support play has been excellent.

It was Hetherington supporting the Croker offload, you love to see it. I think we may underestimate how their attitude towards footy rubs off on the rest of the team. I know I'd go up an extra gear seeing my 5/8th mouth off all game to the other team.

Lachie Miller can be anything too. He's going to provide many fun moments this year. His style is exactly what we needed. An energiser bunny who wants to get involved and can make things happen at any moment.

perverse

Referee
Just today as well I noticed that they all want the ball in their hands, and because they want to be so on the ball, their support play has been excellent.

It was Hetherington supporting the Croker offload, you love to see it. I think we may underestimate how their attitude towards footy rubs off on the rest of the team. I know I'd go up an extra gear seeing my 5/8th mouth off all game to the other team.

Lachie Miller can be anything too. He's going to provide many fun moments this year. His style is exactly what we needed. An energiser bunny who wants to get involved and can make things happen at any moment.
Team chemistry is critical, yeah. It's why Bennett is who he is. He knows how to get the mix right.

Miller is just a fantastic pickup. I honestly don't doubt that he'll be able to smooth his rough edges out too. He seems like a hard worker. His energizer bunny enthusiasm is infectious.

Old dog

Juniors
Was very happy with effort and of course win, team all went well, think Crossland to stay until Mann is fit and Mann will stay until Elliott is fit then Crossland will drop out. Ponga return is at least a couple of weeks so Gamble is 6. Lovely problem when JSaf, Ponga, Elliott and Mann are fit

ryan.a87

Juniors
Copy paste from this week except

6. crossland
13. Hopefully Elliott (but most likely Mann or Johns)
14. Mann or Johns