What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

next yr's squad

Kells

Juniors
i heard some squad news for next yr. i read this:

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,26019192-11088,00.html

and from this article we now know that:

- jesse Bromwich, Gareth Widdop, Justin O'Neill and Luke Kelly will be elevated to the main squad next season
- 1 or 2 more from the u20s will be elevated (i hope its duffie!!!)
- we r looking to sign a experienced (23-25 years old) front-rower, a experienced back-rower and a experienced winger/outside back and "we are hoping that in the next week or so we could come to some agreements"

this is all awesome news! our u20s r guns and we r looking to add some experience to our squad.
i hear we r looking at dane laurie, john kite, bronx goodwin - any1 hear anything else? hope we get laurie and NOT goodwin

but all in all this is all really good news! jesse is gonna b a star, o'neill will be a gun in a yr or 2 and widdop and kelly r good back ups.

hope to hear about some signings soon!

Mantle

Juniors
Thanks for the news on the squad I would think the other u20s players under consideration would be Josh Jerome and Matt Duffie.

Daine Laurie would be a good signing and would bring a bit of mongrel to the pack. He is a little loose with the ball carry and does look for offloads so Bellamy would have to control his style.

John Kite is a big unit. Plays in a similar style to Lima and would be good bench depth as well.

Bronx Goodwin - Not fussed. Did'nt he have issues at the Raiders ??.

i am glad we will blood some new players for next season it will help us! i like Kelly he would be key for us off the bench, similar to Hincy. I think Neilson should stay in centres, he has been great and i hope widdop becomes our goal kicker lol

my team:
Slater
Widdop
Nielson
Inglis
Duffie
Finch
Cronk
Lima
Smith (c)
White
Blair
Hoffman
Johnson

Hinchcliffe
Kelly
Bromwich
Laurie (if signed)

Mantle

Juniors
my team:
Slater
Widdop
Nielson
Inglis
Duffie
Finch
Cronk
Lima
Smith (c)
White
Blair
Hoffman
Johnson

Hinchcliffe
Kelly
Bromwich
Laurie (if signed)
They wouldn't have Kelly and Hinchcliffe on the bench. You missing some players like Proctor, Stanley and Manu who would be in the team.

Mantle

Juniors
So this is our Top squad for next year so far. Correct any mistakes I have made.

Fullback
Billy Slater
Gareth Widdop

Wingers/Centres
Greg Inglis
Anthony Quinn
Chase Stanley
Dane Nielsen
Justin O'Neill
Willie Isa

Halfs
Brett Finch
Cooper Cronk
Luke Kelly

Props
Brett White
Adam Blair
Jeff Lima
Scott Anderson
Aiden Tolman
Jesse Bromwich
Ryan Tandy
Sinbad Kali

Hookers
Cam Smith
Ryan Hinchcliffe

Backrow
Ryan Hoffman
Dallas Johnson
Sika Manu
Kevin Proctor
Hep Cahill
Louis Fanene
Atelea Vea

Kells

Juniors
im hearing bronx goodwin is really close to signing :( i dont want him as i want the u20s to get 1st chance, so lets hope he is only signed as back up in case of injuries!!!

Kells

Juniors
i also hear that dane laurie is gone from the tigers and that he is unlikely to stay in sydney so we r def a good chance to get him! :D he will help solve our lack of mongrel prob in our pack and under bellamy's coaching will def offload less and learn to protect the ball more!! a great signing if we can get him!

im hearing bronx goodwin is really close to signing :( i dont want him as i want the u20s to get 1st chance, so lets hope he is only signed as back up in case of injuries!!!

I have heard he has good pace but don't know a lot about him.

Daine Laurie will only be effective if he controls his aggression. He would definitely be a favourite with the fans though...

Noa

First Grade
So this is our Top squad for next year so far. Correct any mistakes I have made.

Fullback
Billy Slater
Gareth Widdop

Wingers/Centres
Greg Inglis
Anthony Quinn
Chase Stanley
Dane Nielsen
Justin O'Neill
Willie Isa

Halfs
Brett Finch
Cooper Cronk
Luke Kelly

Props
Brett White
Adam Blair
Jeff Lima
Scott Anderson
Aiden Tolman
Jesse Bromwich
Ryan Tandy
Sinbad Kali

Hookers
Cam Smith
Ryan Hinchcliffe

Backrow
Ryan Hoffman
Dallas Johnson
Sika Manu
Kevin Proctor
Hep Cahill
Louis Fanene
Atelea Vea

Add Duffie to the wingers.

Noa

First Grade
Question marks on Kite (desire), Kali, Fanene and Sika (injuries) but Im really liking our forward rotations for next year.

Mantle

Juniors
I agree about the depth of our forwards and if injuries come right you would think our starters would be something like we had at the start of this year.

8. Blair
9. Smith
10. White
11. Manu
12. Hoffman
13. Johnson

14. Hinchcliffe
15. Proctor
16. Tolman
17. Lima

Bromwich
Kite
S.Anderson
Vea
Cahill
Tandy
Fanene
Kali

Kells

Juniors
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/clubs-were-circling-for-great-daine/story-e6frfgbo-1225775278175

Laurie was negotiating with the Knights, the Storm and the Warriors for season 2010, with the Tigers agreeing to release him from the final year of his contract - but the 110kg prop may end up on the rugby league scrapheap with all three clubs ending their interest in the Yamba junior yesterday

really dissapointed about this as under bellamy and in melb he would have been a star - who should we look at getting now?

stormtragic

Juniors
i dont like his attitude..to me he seems to think he is better than what he is..
th cult hero thing got to him

he should do a todd carney and play a year of bush footy to show his commitment to the game

i believe he would have been good for us but since he is stupid and likes to hit girls he can *uck off!!!!

i think we need to breed and breed so we dont lose our salary cap and go over

Kells

Juniors
well bromwich is a def must but i saw laurie as good squad depth and a def bench player - good impact. plus salary wouldnt be an issue as he would be on mim wage now!

would love to see the melb storm NSW cup team for next yr sign him up and if he stays in line and plays well then the 1st team can sign him up.

i hope they do that!

Latest posts