What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL 2011-2012 Week 13

Raider_69

Post Whore
49ers defense is nasty, Aldon Smith reminds me of a young Jevon Kearse

agreed
i thought he was going to bust, but he's the real deal.

Carlos Rodgers is playing lights out this year and Navarro Bowman is to me a big factor, he is managing to stand out in the middle of a LB corp that has a huge f**k off Patrick Willis shadow over it

abpanther

Staff member
Von Miller is better:p

there was some great pass rushers in particular to come out of this past draft miller, smith, reed, kerrigan, quinn, acho, sheard, watt, dareus

it's turning out to be a very talent rich draft all round with guys like newton, dalton, AJ green, julio jones, demarco murray, peterson among others who i havent even mentioned being in this past draft

Oh Von Miller is something else, dude is awesome.

I mean in terms of physical stature and performance, he has massively long arms and great lower body strength.

And yes this draft class is looking very studly indeed, much better that the 2010 top 10

Raider_69

Post Whore
The only way i see the packers getting beat this year is if they play the broncos in the SB, leading by one score with 2 minutes left on the clock and the ball in TT's hands :lol:

Big Tim

First Grade

there was some great pass rushers in particular to come out of this past draft miller, smith, reed, kerrigan, quinn, acho, sheard, watt, dareus

it's turning out to be a very talent rich draft all round with guys like newton, dalton, AJ green, julio jones, demarco murray, peterson among others who i havent even mentioned being in this past draft

Made even more impressive by the fact that these guys were locked out...... Amazing football players and goes to show how good the college system is when these guys step onto a football field and play this way.

f**k me the rams are just beyond awful. i don't think i've seen a more pathetic offense in my life. the d tries hard and is decent but they just don't have a chance when the offense puts up zero points and can't make a 1st down.

i hope they don't whiff on the 2nd pick in the draft.

:lol:

feels good man

381050_239097306157919_131566340244350_613975_1357054095_n.jpg

abpanther

Staff member
Man Detroit are a dumb team, Titus Young slaps a guy right in front of the ref and in the redzone.

dumb dumb

Shorty

Staff member
:lol: They come up against either Ravens or Steelers in playoffs, they don't score a point
This game just gone had a fairly depleted defensive outfit, without Von Miller.
They still made big plays but Tebow threw a fair bit and actually improved significantly as a passer.

People continue to discredit the Broncos in general, I believe they're becoming one of the more complete teams in the NFL and that they'll surprise a few people if they make the playoffs.

Stupid Cowboys.....freaking Arizona for pete's sake!! Oh well at least the Giants lost to the Packers.
Those couple of games between the two is shaping up to be interesting.

Last edited:

abpanther

Staff member
I saw the highlights of the Broncos v Vikings game, sure seemed like the Broncos WRs were wide open on those TD throws, that Vikings secondary is awful.

I don't have a fixed position on Tebow, but the guy is just winning at the moment with a good running game and great defense, hell the 49ers are also showing that a similar formula with a QB that doesn't turn the ball over works, it's not rocket science.

Problem is does that formula work in the playoffs against teams that can score plenty of points? Time will tell

dogslife

Coach
I'm not buying into Tebowmania. As AB said, Vikings secondary is awful, and this is the first time we've really seen Tebow get much of anything done passing the ball. I'll go so far as to say he's one of the best RB's to ever play QB at NFL level... But I don't think simple game management, running the ball every second play, and not turning the ball over is going to work against top rated defences like Baltimore and Pittsburgh. But, time will tell

Shorty

Staff member
Baltimore's own offense has been subpar of late so I think that would be a low scoring game regardless.
We'll see if they end up facing off....I didn't really mean people will be surprised with Tebow...I meant the whole team.

Personally this playoff series is just going to be canon fodder for Green Bay or the Saints...I can't see any other team even close to their level.....well an AFC team will, probably the Patriots who are pretty much in cruise control...either way I think GB goes back to back.

Last edited:

Big Mick

Referee
Tebow's stats were good today
and again he came up big when the game was on the line, as per the norm of TT.

but mick like it or not, the game winning play was in fact an INT by the Defense.
The common theme amongst Denver games is that between that D and Tebow being so clutch, if they a chance to win in the final minute, they probably will.
Both the D and Tebow deserve some love, i think Tom's issue is that Tebow is the only one getting the love, the D, which again came up with the game winning play, doesnt get any credit for tebow-mania

I was only taking the piss.

But even so, you can't really deny what I said either. Everyone only says he runs...but he was efficient and had a certain game winning TD dropped which would have given him a stat line of 11/15 for 250 and 3TD's, 0 INT's - ummm...that is pretty good dude. And more importantly...today he ran a pretty much conventional offense.

What more does he need to do to show he is improving and it isn't just the defense keeping them in games enough? Like of course he isn't perfect and he doesn't deserve the attention the media gives him...but he gives the media hits on websites, he gives them views so I'd say he is over-covered more than over-rated. But he is getting better each and every week and after this game.....you now have to respect the fact he CAN revert to a conventional offense if needs be as well....so gives DC's headaches because they don't know what is going to hit them.

And you say the defense won the game....sure they came up huge in the last play...but they also conceded 32 points against an offense without AP...they weren't great - make no mistake about it.

Big Mick

Referee
DT has to stay healthy though hasnt proved he can do that so far in his career has good game or too then gets injured

i know it's crazy our upcoming opponents are dropping at an amazing rate

It is almost as if God is striking down your opponents before you face them lol :lol::p

It is amazing how lucky the Broncos are with injuries to other teams.

Big Mick

Referee
Newton can win the superbowl he is that good. The Panthers attack was dreadful last season he's has improved that 200%. In the Draft if we get a TE and a few D players. The playoffs are a chance next year & build from that

Why do u need a TE? You have Shockey and Olsen...they are more than good enough.

U need a viable #2 WR, LB depth & starting CB's...along with depth on the O-Line interior.

Big Mick

Referee

I was doubting Miller a bit after a few games about his run defense only. I know his motor & pass rushing...but I questioned his strength in the run and his coverage.

But he has been amazing. Even against the run he has improved each and every week.

As for the draft...it was amazing. I am pleased with the leadership Dareus is showing in the fact Buffalo has lost half of its starters on offense and defense and is sliding. He took a leadership role as of last week which is great. And he does so much in taking double teams that he is opening up opportunities but doesn't get the glory.

But like someone else said...given that they were locked out...these guys are playing lights out. We knew it was a very good defensive class last year and it was proven correct...much better than this year's will be in any case....but its the surprise we've seen at the QB position which everyone said would be shit that shocked me. Dalton has been fantastic, Newton has been way beyond expectations, Ponder has been good, Locker played well in limited opportunity despite being a project. The only bust so far has been the QB everyone said was the best...and that was Gabbert (Who I wasn't really high on if I'm honest).

This 2010-11 draft has a plethora of future pro-bowlers in it.

Big Mick

Referee
I saw the highlights of the Broncos v Vikings game, sure seemed like the Broncos WRs were wide open on those TD throws, that Vikings secondary is awful.

Well see, you say that...but with Tebow's second TD he bought SO much time by scrambling, beating pass rushers...that his WR had to bloody find some space...that was a great play.

On the first TD, he was open but that is a product of the offense...you have to respect the run so you can't drop back in coverage right away. So Thomas just sprints and goes deep while the CB is in two minds...and boom...TD.

And with what should have been the 3rd TD...was a beautiful pass under significant pressure to Thomas who was covered well and SHOULD have been caught.

So I don't buy this "oh well he is still crap because his WR's were open".

He is working with Eric Decker, Eddie Royal, Demarius Thomas and some nobody named Matt Willis FFS. I mean Decker is good but he isn't an elite #1, Royal is a decent slot and this was the first game Thomas has shown anything...but he isn't exactly working with the Green Bay receivers here.