What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL 2018 - Week 1

nick87

Coach
We're 5 days away from kick off...

VERY pumped for the season ahead... Looks like it's Nick Foles opening the season against the Falcons. Tend to think the eagles might be in trouble until Wentz gets back, the early schedule helps us out a bit there, so seems like they're going to be pretty cautious

Texans - Pats game should be a banger, randomly excited to see the Bengals and Cards in week 1 too

Frederick

Staff member
I'm excited to see if the killer B's can continue where they ended off last year. Not sure I can do the 3am start though

Vozzy

Juniors
Tempted to chuck a sicky Monday. It's perfect timing now my NRL isn't in the 8.

As a chargers fan I hate how the experts keep tipping us to top our group in which I feel is an open group. Broncos and KC are an unknown where Rivers and Carr are established QBs and can be dangerous on offence

Still feel Chargers weakness at defending the run is the same and if injuries occur the back ups for positions weren't great pre season. Oh and Kicking goals is a big ? Cost us 3 games last season.

nick87

Coach
mercifully i dont have to chuck a sickie... im going in for some very minor surgery on Monday, so ill be up bright and early for the 3am start, and hoping im not required in at the hospital until after the second slate

im gonna have two weeks off though, so ready to be all about the NFL

kurt faulk

Coach

i can't wait to see the rams arse rape the raiders.

the offense may be rusty as they haven't seen the field yet at all but the defense will be all over the raiders offense like the bulldogs players were over that s**t in coffs harbour.

mercifully i dont have to chuck a sickie... im going in for some very minor surgery on Monday, so ill be up bright and early for the 3am start, and hoping im not required in at the hospital until after the second slate

im gonna have two weeks off though, so ready to be all about the NFL

Translation: Nick agreed to a vasectomy so he could watch week 1 and 2.

Let’s do that “last man standing” thread this year, where you ick a certainty each week but can pick each team only once.

That’s quite fun.

legend

Coach
IMO, Chucky is blowing up the Raiders playing roster and the Raiders will suck this year with Chucky using his draft picks to get the team he wants for the next ten years. Obviously he won't see out the ten years. He'll be lucky to get two out of the Vegas move. He's old school and the game has moved on. I predict and 4-12 record for the Raiders this year.

Broncos over Seahawks in the game of the week. Royce Freeman has usurped Booker atop the RB depth chart. Happy days! If the O line can hold up, Keenum has Thomas, Sanders, Sutton and Freeman to work with.

Vozzy

Juniors
I can see this being a season where just about every division goes down to the wire all teams have strengths and weaknesses that cancel out when playing certain teams. Other than the patriots all the other teams that get talked up will probably read their own hype and choke. It's a new era of qb this year aswell. Some of my thoughts:

- 49s will be hard to beat with Jimmy
- Vikings will be worse and Redskins better
- Patriots will win but the other 3 teams will get closer to them.
- Steelers(same as patriots) browns will win at least 4 games
- Jags should win division despite having the worst qb of the division
- eagles will struggle early but then go on a run
- Saints the team to beat on NFC. I think Rams are a hit over hype. Talib hasn't been good in awhile same with Suh. Talib, Peters, Suh on paper was good 3 seasons ago to me.
-as for my Chargers first team looks good on paper but if injuries occur will struggle. I won't predict the other 3 in the division cos it's a real unknown. Broncos - still scary Defense
KC - qb is a mystery
Oakland - despite weird off-season Carr scares me the most on paper because when he is on he looks sharp and seem to be able to rack up a score when it clicks.

zombie jesus

Staff member
The Steelers should be looking at trading Bell to whoever wants to pay him and hope for a 3rd.

This is one story where the fans had it right 18 months ago and the team and local media read it all wrong. Should have been moved on last off season and reinvested that cash in the defence.

nick87

Coach
The Steelers should be looking at trading Bell to whoever wants to pay him and hope for a 3rd.

This is one story where the fans had it right 18 months ago and the team and local media read it all wrong. Should have been moved on last off season and reinvested that cash in the defence.

Seems that way doesnt it?

Lev for Ajayi and a 3rd... lets dance!

zombie jesus

Staff member
The shit thing is nobody knows his plan. If he doesn't want to come back until week X then let the team know.

He can't make any more money this year, he's locked into that contract. He loses $850k every week he's out. Just put a timeline on it so the team can plan. The o-line guys are really pissed, they expected him there today but he's playing games. Don't know what he expects to get out of it by keeping his plans a secret.

zombie jesus

Staff member

i guess he wants to screw the steelers as much as they screwed him.

I don't think they've screwed him. His agent was saying they should have extended him after his 2nd or 3rd year, both offseasons where he was heading into the next with a drug related suspension.

Making some reasonable assumptions, the contract on the table would have been similar to what Gurley ended up with.

kurt faulk

Coach
I don't think they've screwed him. His agent was saying they should have extended him after his 2nd or 3rd year, both offseasons where he was heading into the next with a drug related suspension.

Making some reasonable assumptions, the contract on the table would have been similar to what Gurley ended up with.

it probably was except they only offered him around $10m guaranteed money. in other words, f**k off. of any position in the nfl the rbs are the ones that need the guaranteed money the most in their contracts.

nick87

Coach
I dont think the steelers have screwed him up until this year when they made it pretty f**king clear they wont be keeping him and they had planned to run him into the ground.
Which is fine btw! That's the nature of it.

But you cant blame Lev for not wanting to show up, play on a below market deal for an organisation and ownership who not only doesnt want to invest in his future, but is actively planning on a course of action which will depress his future earnings.

Last edited:

zombie jesus

Staff member
it probably was except they only offered him around $10m guaranteed money. in other words, f**k off. of any position in the nfl the rbs are the ones that need the guaranteed money the most in their contracts.

This is my reasonable assumption bit. Why would they offer him only $10m when he's making more on the tag? You need to include whatever his base salary would have been which probably would have taken it to around the $21m fully guaranteed Gurley got.

The reports were he'd make $33m over 2 and $45m over 3 years, and the Steelers generally work with rolling guarantees, basically what/how Gurley is getting his money.

Latest posts