What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL - Week 17

Superbowl Monday is always the last day of my annual leave. Kids are at school, wife usually goes and does her own thing so I sit at home drinking Dr Pepper and eating Doritos.

At least this one I will still be off work for a few weeks after so I will probably be drinking while watching it.

I go all out on my wings. Sooo good.

nick87

Coach
Yeah I’ve got the day off
My mates league usually have our end of season piss up the weekend before
The loser hosts and cooks up a meal for the rest

Should be a good day

ggmu

Juniors
Don’t think we(Ravens) will win it all but I’m sure we can cause some problems. We already dominated the team we are playing and went to OT in the chiefs house.

But this season will be to early for Lamar imo. Apparently will be the youngest ever QB to start a playoff game.

beave

Coach
f**ks sake, I just looked at my roster for SB monday.

Yearly induction day, no chance of getting it off.

sigh.

Frederick

Staff member
Brown is good, one of the best of his generation, but he's also an absolute diva.

Juju outperformed him this year and has humility well beyond his years.

In an ideal world, Brown will pull his head in and focus on being the best receiver in the league.

Then again, that's what I wanted from Bell too and, well, look how that turned out

nick87

Coach
The similarities between this and the Santonio Holmes situation is legitimate

Also, the Steelers probably feel (and rightly so) like they can move Brown, go full steam ahead with Juju as a #1 and then find another Brown/Juju in the draft like they seem to do every other year

Tom155

Coach

Also, the Steelers probably feel (and rightly so) like they can move Brown, go full steam ahead with Juju as a #1 and then find another Brown/Juju in the draft like they seem to do every other year
Already got Washington who has looked good in limited action

Frederick

Staff member

Yup. Would save a mountain in cap room too that can all be directed to fixing our deplorable secondary.

zombie jesus

Staff member
I would be reluctant to trade Brown unless it's absolutely untenable. The dead money is about equal to his cap number for 2019 so no savings there. Juju is great but he has had the luxury of AB drawing double teams.

Tomlin is the one who should be under pressure, he gave excuse after excuse all week trying to cover for him. James Harrison has been saying all year they've got no discipline and Tomlin plays favourites and he's right.

kurt faulk

Coach
Yup. Would save a mountain in cap room too that can all be directed to fixing our deplorable secondary.

The stealers had $14.5m in cap space to fix the secondary this year. But they decided they wanted to screw bell over. Worked out well for them.

kurt faulk

Coach
I would be reluctant to trade Brown unless it's absolutely untenable. The dead money is about equal to his cap number for 2019 so no savings there. Juju is great but he has had the luxury of AB drawing double teams.

Tomlin is the one who should be under pressure, he gave excuse after excuse all week trying to cover for him. James Harrison has been saying all year they've got no discipline and Tomlin plays favourites and he's right.

There's no dead money if he gets traded is there? Or are you talking about the bonus money he was paid up front that was split into the years of the contract?

zombie jesus

Staff member
There's no dead money if he gets traded is there? Or are you talking about the bonus money he was paid up front that was split into the years of the contract?

Yeah, not just his original bonus though, he's restructured through his contact to convert salary into bonus to make cap space.

nick87

Coach
i saw today the dead cap hit would be 20mil if they moved Brown on, i didnt realise that, so i retract the idea that he's getting moved this off season... he isn't going anywhere, for better or worse haha