What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL - Week 17

zombie jesus

Staff member
La Canfora tweet Brown asked for a release, take that with a grain of salt, whoever his Steelers source is, they are always feeding him BS, I don't know how he is with other teams but his hit rate on Steelers news is embarrassing.

kurt faulk

Coach
La Canfora tweet Brown asked for a release, take that with a grain of salt, whoever his Steelers source is, they are always feeding him BS, I don't know how he is with other teams but his hit rate on Steelers news is embarrassing.

His hit rate is probably close to zero across the league. That's why he's known as la clownfora.

nick87

Coach

I saw that news and immediately on my TL was a post from Andrew Brandt which said his cap hit if released or traded was like 21m haha

zombie jesus

Staff member
So much going on in Tomlin press conference...
  • AB complained of knee soreness Wednesday, got given a day off.
  • Still sore on Friday, gets sent for an MRI.
  • Doesn't show for the MRI and can't be contacted, doesn't show for Saturday walkthrough. Unofficially ruled out.
  • Sunday morning, AB's agent calls Tomlin, says he feels better and wants to try and play.
  • Tomlin says too late (generally with the Steelers if you can't get at least 1 practice in, you don't play) for that but he would like to meet prior to the game.
  • They meet, Tomlin tells AB he won't play but should stay and support his teammates, AB leaves the stadium at half time. Hasn't heard from him since.
  • No trade has been requested.
  • Tomlin was asked if AB's problems could be more trouble than he's worth, replied "certainly".
  • To top it off, Brown was hanging with James Harrison (who deliberately screwed around to get a release last season) during the press conference and posting crap on social media.
-------
Suddenly, a trade doesn't seem so unreasonable to me, even with the dead money. What a hot mess.

Frederick

Staff member
  • Doesn't show for the MRI and can't be contacted, doesn't show for Saturday walkthrough. Unofficially ruled out.
  • Sunday morning, AB's agent calls Tomlin, says he feels better and wants to try and play.
  • Tomlin says too late (generally with the Steelers if you can't get at least 1 practice in, you don't play) for that but he would like to meet prior to the game.
  • They meet, Tomlin tells AB he won't play but should stay and support his teammates, AB leaves the stadium at half time. Hasn't heard from him since.
  • Tomlin was asked if AB's problems could be more trouble than he's worth, replied "certainly".
  • To top it off, Brown was hanging with James Harrison (who deliberately screwed around to get a release last season) during the press conference and posting crap on social media.
-------
Suddenly, a trade doesn't seem so unreasonable to me, even with the dead money. What a hot mess.

Plus Brown has been following a bunch of 49ers on twitter lately. Reckon his agent has something with them lined up?

It's a shame James Harrison has turned into such a merkin...he was one of my favourite players to watch

zombie jesus

Staff member
Plus Brown has been following a bunch of 49ers on twitter lately. Reckon his agent has something with them lined up?

It's a shame James Harrison has turned into such a merkin...he was one of my favourite players to watch
Same here. Harrison had legit gripes, he could have got more playing time, but the way he went about it was f**ked.

Same with the Bell situation, fair enough you want a bigger deal but why string along everyone with the will he/wont he crap? Just say you're not showing up and be done with it.

I don't know what Brown's problem is, all started happening after Juju got team MVP, maybe his ego has been mortally wounded.

Tomlin has some questions to answer re his ability to keep big egos in check.

kurt faulk

Coach

with the dead money accelerated if he is traded it will mean they will have more cap space in future years to play with. they will have to weigh up their options.

zombie jesus

Staff member
with the dead money accelerated if he is traded it will mean they will have more cap space in future years to play with. they will have to weigh up their options.

Yeah true, the Bell money rolled over into 2019 softens the blow some, still a decent amount to play with plus whatever they can get for Brown.

kurt faulk

Coach
Yeah true, the Bell money rolled over into 2019 softens the blow some, still a decent amount to play with plus whatever they can get for Brown.

yeah, the $14.5m will come in handy. it will be like a $6.5m hit to the cap if brown is traded.

kurt faulk

Coach

NFL Network's Aditi Kinkhabwala reports "multiple teammates" did not believe Antonio Brown was hurt in Week 17 and think Brown quit on the team.

Coach Mike Tomlin asked Brown to get an MRI on Friday last week, and the receiver declined and instead opted to just disappear from the team and never say a word to anyone until Sunday. Deemed inactive, Brown reportedly left the stadium at halftime. Kinkhabwala's reading the tea leaves and opines that Brown is "likely gone" via trade this offseason. A big deal has been made of the $21.12 million dead cap hit trading Brown before June 1 would create, but the real money savings is huge for the Steelers. Brown is due a $2.5 million roster bonus on the fifth day of the new league year in March. And Tomlin has already admitted there comes a point Brown is more of a problem for the team than he is useful. Brown turns 31 this summer and is signed through 2021.

Source: Aditi Kinkhabwala on Twitter
Jan 2 - 1:29 PM

nick87

Coach
-------
Yeah this is lurching into the territory where the organisation might start to feel like even with the dead money, he's gotta go.

Worth noting on this whilst the cap hit will be significant to cut him, cash wise, ownership would save 15mil

Frederick

Staff member
One of my goals in life was to get over to Pittsburgh to see the Killer B's in action before Big Ben retired.

Looks like I'm gonna have to set my sights on seeing Triple J in action instead

dogslife

Coach
I don't understand how Tomlin is still employed. He's allowed this diva attitude to fester in his locker room for years, and it's not as if their performances have been worldly in that span either

KeepingTheFaith

Referee

I think that's just Brown's way of needling the Steeler's at this stage. It all started when GOAT Kittle tweeted AB and he replied. All of a sudden it makes news so AB starts following 9ers players and the organisation.

He's just fuelling the fire at this stage and not much more to it imo.

Latest posts