What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT - Antonius

les norton

First Grade
I really need you to explain to me what happened in the cricket cause i dont have a bloody clue...

The_Ben

Juniors
Yes but so do Sri Lanka. They are as bad as us today. We could see Australia batting in their 2nd innings by the end of day 1.

roopy

Referee
The sri lankans tried to prepare a below standard pitch so their spin bowler could give them a good chance of winning - but it rained heavily the day before the game and that turned a bad pitch into a shocker.

antonius

Coach
Poor pitch preperation, as Roopy said, they tried to doctor a pitch to favour their bowlers, (though with Warne in our team along with Gorilla, I don't see much of an advantage being gained doing that) It came unstuck though, lot of rain has produced an under-prepared wicket, the game could be over in two days.

Doctor

Bench
antonius said:
Poor pitch preperation, as Roopy said, they tried to doctor a pitch to favour their bowlers, (though with Warne in our team along with Gorilla, I don't see much of an advantage being gained doing that) It came unstuck though, lot of rain has produced an under-prepared wicket, the game could be over in two days.

I don't know about two days - clearly the conditions are a bit juicy early on, but I can't see the same amount of wickets falling on the second day.

This probably won't stretch into a 5th day, but if Sri Lanka can get towards 130-140, Australia may be looking at being a few down for about 200 by the end of play.
Who knows? One thing is for certain - it's a bowler's pitch, which is a rarity in international cricket.

The rain hasn't given the pitch a chance to get too crusty, which means it will probably hold well, even if it gets into a 5th day - which it won't.
These sort of pitches call for patient batting - neither side is reknown for getting themselves a couple of runs per over in a Lawry-style innings.

As I always say: A quick game is a good game. :roll:

Doctor

Bench
Oswin said:
if Sri Lanka can get towards 130-140, Australia may be looking at being a few down for about 200 by the end of play.

Sri Lanka are 8/132, having lost the wicket of Zoysa this morning on the total of 111 (if only Umpire Shepard was there!).

Chaminda Vaas is holding out well - he's on 37*, Lokusarchcchi is with him on 15*.

Warney with 3/36 (14), Kasper 4/52 (20 overs).

The Sri Lankans are probably looking for anything near 200 - it would be cheeky, and I don't think they'll get anywhere near that, but who knows with the way this Test has gone....

Doctor

Bench
Lokuarachchi gone - SL 9/138 with Murali and Vaas at the crease. I don't see Murali lasting long - Australia have got away with their 120 quite lightly.
Shane Warne with 4/36, it's a race between Kasper and Warne for the 5 wicket haul.

Doctor

Bench
Oswin said:
Lokuarachchi gone - SL 9/138 with Murali and Vaas at the crease. I don't see Murali lasting long - Australia have got away with their 120 quite lightly.
Shane Warne with 4/36, it's a race between Kasper and Warne for the 5 wicket haul.

To all those who are looking for insights into the future of this match - don't mind me. :roll:

I'll give up on predictions - SL are 9/199, Murali is belting 6s and 4s, Vaas is still there.
Murali didn't last long.... hitting boundaries that is. :oops: :lol:

Looks like they will make 200 afterall.....