What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT - Fake PayPal email

Encurly

Juniors
Just received this email this morning, supposedly from PayPal. Thing is, I don't have a PayPal account. This message is a fake, designed to scam your credit card details. Do not respond to this. There are several similar ones doing the rounds pretending to be from the banks. Do not respond to those, either. They usually take you to a page that looks legit, but the url/address is just an ip address - eg http://211.113.186.42

Text of the email is:

Please verify your information today!

Dear Paypal Member.
Your account has been randomly flagged in our system as a part of our routine security measures. This is a must to ensure that only you have access and use of your paypal account and to ensure a safe Paypal experience.
We require all flagged accounts to verify their information on file with us.
To verify your information, click here and enter the details requested.
After you verify your information, your account shall be returned to good standing and you will continue to have full use of your account.

Thank you for using PayPal!

MC DUI

Juniors
Encurly said:
Just received this email this morning, supposedly from PayPal. Thing is, I don't have a PayPal account. This message is a fake, designed to scam your credit card details. Do not respond to this. There are several similar ones doing the rounds pretending to be from the banks. Do not respond to those, either. They usually take you to a page that looks legit, but the url/address is just an ip address - eg http://211.113.186.42

Text of the email is:

Please verify your information today!

Dear Paypal Member.
Your account has been randomly flagged in our system as a part of our routine security measures. This is a must to ensure that only you have access and use of your paypal account and to ensure a safe Paypal experience.
We require all flagged accounts to verify their information on file with us.
To verify your information, click here and enter the details requested.
After you verify your information, your account shall be returned to good standing and you will continue to have full use of your account.

Thank you for using PayPal!

Thanks for the warning Encurly.

Razor

Coach
If you ever get anything like that, make sure you always check the address at the top of the page and make sure it is exactly the geniune address before entering details.

Paypal will never ask you to do that anyway. How entering your details proves that only you have access to the account, gets me.

Paypals 50c + 3% fee for someone paying you direct from Paypal is what pisses me off. (The 3% fee for credit card payments is fair enough). People who have their accounts set-up to not accept cc payments don't pay the 3% fee for paypal-to-paypal.

Latest posts