What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT-good cd

northey

First Grade
right i was going through my cd collection.. lots in there

i came across the McLeod's Daughters cd... it used to be my fave cd...
i dunno do any of you go through that kind of new cd stage... you get a new cd and you just listen to it over and over again???
well i do!!!
and i founf this cd i hadn't listened to it in ages...
so guess what all day i have been listening to it..
i like music you can sing along to.... otherwise it just aint good!!

CJG 182

Juniors
yeh i go thru that heaps, when ever i buy a cd i listen to it for ages, like i got teh new blink 182 cd for chrissy , and havent stopped listening to it cept when i borrowed my sis's cat empire cd for 2 days but then straight back to blink

Andy

First Grade
Yep I do that a bit too. But you've gotta be careful you don't O.D. on a certain cd. I think I did that with Diorama. I just don't feel like listening to it any more.

The cd I listen to mostly now is my Maroon 5 album. It's pretty good. I'd kinda describe it like a mix between Supergroove and I dunno, something a little bit rockier.

astrogirl

First Grade
northey said:
i dunno do any of you go through that kind of new cd stage... you get a new cd and you just listen to it over and over again???
well i do!!!
I can definitely relate to that. I tend to buy a few CDs around the same time and they all stay on high rotation until I get some more. I try not to listen to them so much that I get sick of them.

At the risk of subjecting myself to ridicule, one of those high rotation CDs at the moment is the Michael Buble CD (I don't know how to type an e with an acute) - it's one of those rare CDs that my mum and I both like :D others being Crowded House, some 80s music, the early Beatles stuff and that's about it! I have hopes of getting mum into John Mayer.

Do you guys have much (if any) overlap between your music taste and your parents'?

MC DUI

Juniors
LOL Its definetly what I do with my CD's. As soon as I find one I like it plays non stop in my car for weeks.

Currently playing - Shihad's Album

*melliez*

Juniors
I have been switching between two albums..

Static - Wisconsin Death Trip
Korn - Take A Look In The Mirror

I can not get enough of either of these CD's at the moment and I have no idea why! I won't complain though because they are both very good CD's

Samwise

Bench
only just took 'the darkness - permission to land' out of my cd player after the last fortnight or so. at the moment i'm kinda backtracking and listening to some older cd's until the next must buy cd comes along.

Alex28

Coach
I'm really into an Australian band called Big Heavy Stuff at the moment - album called 'Hello Friends and Enemies' - brilliant.

Other than that...Probot was a plesant surprise...The Love Below by Outkast...Get Born by Jet...and some old PJ Harvey and Massive Attack...

Samwise

Bench
Astrogirl, i had plenty of musical overlaps with my mum. artists like cat stevens, simon & garfunkle, janis joplin, ac/dc, black sabbath etc. not really the case with my dad these days, he has the worst taste in music ever. sh*t like old honky tonk country and western 50's and 60's rubbish. terrible ear bleeding trash.

but yeah i'm into heaps of old artists, guys like hendrix, bob marley, bob dylan, pink floyd, the doors, and the odd beatles tune. theres probably heaps more which i can't think of at the moment

Samwise

Bench
Alex28 said:
I'm really into an Australian band called Big Heavy Stuff at the moment - album called 'Hello Friends and Enemies' - brilliant.

Other than that...Probot was a plesant surprise...The Love Below by Outkast...Get Born by Jet...and some old PJ Harvey and Massive Attack...

do you have the probot album alex? i'm thinking of buying it. i'm a fan of the track that has lemmy from motorhead doing the vocals. i've also heard the max cavalera track and also the one with the guy from napalm death. is the whole cd as good?

Yeah, i have had Korn - TALITM and Sunk Loto- Beyond Birth and death on almost constant play for months and months and i am still not sick of them, the third slot in my cd player is usually a cd that i havnt listened to in a while so i just throw it in there for the heck of it... However new cds on the agenda are the new machine head cd and the new slipknot cd..

Alex28

Coach
yeah i quite like the Probot disc - it's heavy and really has the Dave Grohl influence screaming through it - best of both worlds :)

sexybum

Juniors
at the moment im totally obsessed with muse - absolution....i listen to it over, and over and over again!! lol

legallyblonde

Juniors
have had the starting line 'say it like you mean it' album in my cd player for a good 6 weeks....over and over and over!!

omg.. i just chucked in a cd i hadnt listened to for ages.. Deftones latest album.. god damn.. isnt it cool how certain cds bring back certain memories... I could almost guarantee i could put a place and time to almost every one of my cds..

Latest posts