What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT-Marriage act bans gays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terminator

First Grade
Just passed in the senate 39-7, a quickly passed resolution not recognising gay marriage as the same as marriage between a man and a woman, a victory for commonsense and decency.
Gay groups taken by surprise are in an uproar. :roll:

Kaz

junior
Discrimination is the 1st thing that I thought of, when I heard about this.

Kaz

junior
The bill could be facing a High Court challenge with the Equal Rights Network saying it may be unconstitutional.

CycloneSteve

Juniors
I agree with Gene.....but im a Christian and NO im not going to get into any debates about it thanks.....

Anonymous

Juniors
I don't think religion has anything to do with it.

I just don't believe gay couples should be married, that's all.

I have noting against Homosexuals.

It is just that I have always believed that a marriage is between a man and a woman.

Anonymous

Juniors
Alex28 said:
it's blatantly discriminatory - if challenged it will never hold up in court.

Why is it discriminitory?

What IS discrimination?

Why is it OK to have gay rights but not hetrosexual rights?

Isn't it discriminitory to deny the rights of the majority over that of the minority?

Or is it just OK if the descrimination is against white heterosexual anglo-saxon male?

Alex28

Coach
no offence but that is an incredibly outdated and narrow minded opinion you have there gene.

if two people love eachother, why shouldn't they be allowed to marry?

Alex28

Coach
Gene Krupa said:
Alex28 said:

What IS discrimination?

Isn't it discriminitory to deny the rights of the majority over that of the minority?

Or is it just OK if the descrimination is against white heterosexual anglo-saxon male?

please...gene...read what you said and re-write it into something that makes sense.

you dont know what discrimination means do you? how can the majority be discriminated against?

here is the defination for you:

Treatment or consideration based on class or category rather than individual merit; partiality or prejudice.

what rights do gay people have that heterosexual people dont?

i am a white heterosexual anglo-saxon male (as you put it) and i certainly dont think i am being discriminated against compared to gay people in any way.

i just think that people should have the right to marry whoever the hell they want.

Anonymous

Juniors
It may be outdated but hardly narrow minded.

However it is my opinion and until you come up with an argument that is powerful enough to change it, I would thankyou not to question the validaty of it!

Anonymous

Juniors
Alex28 said:
Gene Krupa said:
Alex28 said:

What IS discrimination?

please...gene...read what you said and re-write it into something that makes sense.

you dont know what discrimination means do you? how can the majority be discriminated against?

here is the defination for you:

Treatment or consideration based on class or category rather than individual merit; partiality or prejudice.

what rights do gay people have that heterosexual people dont?

i am a white heterosexual anglo-saxon male (as you put it) and i certainly dont think i am being discriminated against compared to gay people in any way.

i just think that people should have the right to marry whoever the hell they want.

Ummm...... I WAS making sense.

Just because your oppinion doesn't correspond with mine, it doesn't make it senseless. :roll:

Please stop posting as every post you make devaluates your point of view even more!

Alex28

Coach
i think the point is you dont have an arguement for your case. please...tell me why two males or two females should not be able to marry? what impact will it have on your life? how will they be harming you? and how are you (as a "white heterosexual anglo-saxon male") being discriminated against if gays are able to marry?

Anonymous

Juniors
So what do we do next?

Let people marry farm animals?

Or how about a 53 y/o man marrying a 6 y/o girl?

I mean they have just as legitimate claim to marry as Homosexuals, don't they?

Alex28

Coach
Gene Krupa said:

Just because your oppinion doesn't correspond with mine, it doesn't make it senseless. :roll:

Please stop posting as every post you make devaluates your point of view even more!

lol...you want me to stop because you cant answer the question?

i'm fine with your opinion - if you can justify it. the best you have come up with is that it is OK for gays to be discriminated against, but not you, and "please stop".

it is against the law to have a relationship or marry a minor. in all states besides Tasmania it is not illegal to be gay. as far as the farm animals thing goes...whatever floats your boat tiger.

Anonymous

Juniors
Alex28 said:
Gene Krupa said:

lol...you want me to stop because you cant answer the question?

i'm fine with your opinion - if you can justify it. the best you have come up with is that it is OK for gays to be discriminated against, but not you, and "please stop".

it is against the law to have a relationship or marry a minor. in all states besides Tasmania it is not illegal to be gay. as far as the farm animals thing goes...whatever floats your boat tiger.

See you're avoiding the point by trying to pass off one of my questions with an insult.

You have had ample opportunity to put forth you reasoning and yet you continue to attack my stance.

I am not a religious person, however the laws of this country are based on the bible.

In the bible it states that it is a sin for two men to be in union and that a marrage is between a man and a women.

As I have stated I have no problem with Homosexuals, having two cousins and many friends who are gay, but I do have a problem with them having the same status as my wife and myself.

And I'm not talking about denying Homosexuals any inheritence benefits.

Terminator

First Grade
Its devaluating the whole meaning of love between men and women, to have it recognised as the same, if you dont like or agree with my opinion or think its outdated or whatever other PC spin you want to put on it thats fine with me, but dont tell me I cant express it, because then you dont believe in true freedom of speech, or what is a real democracy.
Does anyone here really believe that the majority of the tax payers of this country are happy with the homosexualising of our society.
If you think they are then your living in a fantasy world.
Homosexuality has always been around and always will be, but that doesnt mean its right as a law for society.

Anonymous

Juniors
I don't think your political view and mine are really on the same wave-length on most issues, Tremie.

However I couldn't agree with you more on this issue!

Status
Not open for further replies.